Tim’s European Tie - What Happens?

All depends on how long the tims have to quarantine.

If they ain't allowed to play thanks to Sturgeon and have to forfeit the tie then I think I will die laughing.
I never, ever thought I’d be happy with a decision from wee tartan tits. Fingers crossed.

Surely as the players are now in a 14 day quarantine, they won’t be able to play abroad (or home).

Are they officially in a 14 day quarantine if Bolingoli has tested negative?

Is this postponement of their games not really just a political stunt so the SNP look like they're doing something about the outrage.

I know he should have isolated himself when coming back from Spain but does everyone else have to quarantine purely if they come in to contact with someone who has been in that region or do they not need to show symptoms / test positive first?

Lemon said Tues but that would mean he was only away one night. This is the crux of the argument, if it was Thurs he returned then they would need to forefeit CL due to quarantine restrictions.
Surely there must be a journalist out there willing to confirm the exact date and time he returned into the country given just how big a story that would be if it wasn't the Tuesday. No laughing at the back. :)

The scum never receive appropriate punishment, no matter what their transgressions are. Have people been asleep the last fifty years?

Game will be on unless one of them tests positive. There not in a 14 day isolation because he was negative . There games haven’t really been postponed for public health more of a punishment and warning to the players .

I want them out of the CL and Europa . Much less income for them will be good for us long term , and they won't be able to attract better players as the main selling point is the big European nights .

Europa is a good balance of fixture congestion and far less money than CL. If either team ends up out of Europe and the other in the group stages it's a big advantage domestically.

Game on according to the sun.

It's not going to be down to UEFA. The Scottish Government are the ones who have said the games cannot go ahead until the end of the quarantine period. Without their say so no games can go ahead (the Aberdeen St Johnstone game proved that). The issue is that if their story is true then next Tuesday would be day 14 after he returned to the UK. In theory they should be told no games until next Wednesday - but then again most of the SNP government are season ticket holders there...

It's not going to be down to UEFA. The Scottish Government are the ones who have said the games cannot go ahead until the end of the quarantine period. Without their say so no games can go ahead (the Aberdeen St Johnstone game proved that). The issue is that if their story is true then next Tuesday would be day 14 after he returned to the UK. In theory they should be told no games until next Wednesday - but then again most of the SNP government are season ticket holders there...

Surely it can’t be the Tuesday as that’s the 14th day.

The Wednesday or Thursday I could understand but not the Tuesday

At least one of their players got a trip to Europe
XiAFx51.gif

I don’t know either, I’d say it’s a domestic issue. He’s definitely broke the rules of the Scot Gov, SFA/SPFL, unless they develop symptoms then UEFA will probably not bother, bearing in mind Doncaster is on their ethics committee!
he would have to excuse himself for this one

I’d be happy to give them our Europa league spot and we will take their champions league spot. Gives them more time. Let’s be honest, we want them to be in Europe this season and playing as regularly as us. Them going out early could be bad for us.

we should be offering this up.

The only thing I want them to get is pain and misery

Surely there must be a journalist out there willing to confirm the exact date and time he returned into the country given just how big a story that would be if it wasn't the Tuesday. No laughing at the back. :)

Dirty lying bastards......supporters , ex players and current , and ex board and management

UEFA: "At this stage match is scheduled to take place as planned and we have no further comment to make."

Nothing else UEFA can say at this stage regarding their participation or otherwise.

Do you really think that the SNP would be willing to risk the mentally challenged vote for the next election. They will allow them to play.

For the sake of sporting integrity I would imagine that Bheast FC are absolutely fecked here and their war chest has been thrown overboard. Wee Krankie has spoken and they will have to live within the regulations from now on like the rest of us fine law abiding citizens.

Now let's see them attempt to throw Bolingoli under the bus unless of course he has some potential big secret to reveal as I very much doubt the version we are hearing is in any way accurate.

I recall the demand for blood from the SNP when Dominic Cummings "put everyone in peril" with his trip to Durham.
The yessers should be demanding unprecedented punishment for those who undermine the rules of travel. They laid out their expectations of reprisals at that time.
This prick travelled and flouted all the laws and guidelines. Severe punishment for him and those who knew (no, not about that) should be imposed.

If anyone thinks for one minute that they will not be allowed to play their European tie then you are delusional.

They have the backing of the Scottish Govt, SPFL, SFA and UEFA - make no mistake about that.

Todays decision has in fact done them a massive favour.

I recall the demand for blood from the SNP when Dominic Cummings "put everyone in peril" with his trip to Durham.
The yessers should be demanding unprecedented punishment for those who undermine the rules of travel. They laid out their expectations of reprisals at that time.
This prick travelled and flouted all the laws and guidelines. Severe punishment for him and those who knew (no, not about that) should be imposed.

Its all politics from Sturgeon and it has been from the start regardless of what she says.

Compare her reactions to Cummings, the BLM protests and the celtic/sheep issue.
even down to the SQA joke, how quick was she to say... oh by the way England and Wales are doing it like this too.

Bottom line is the rules should be enforced for Bolingoli and those he could have spread it to.

They haven’t said anything about 14 day quarantine though. This looks to be a punishment rather than fir health reasons.

Are they officially in a 14 day quarantine if Bolingoli has tested negative?

Is this postponement of their games not really just a political stunt so the SNP look like they're doing something about the outrage.

I know he should have isolated himself when coming back from Spain but does everyone else have to quarantine purely if they come in to contact with someone who has been in that region or do they not need to show symptoms / test positive first?

14 day incubation period.

If this game has to go ahead, and if UEFA had any guts about them it should be ordered to be played at a neutral ground roughly midway between Iceland and Scotland. That would be the Faroe Islands and probably the Torsuvall Stadium, an artificial pitch surrounded by massive hills and unpredictable weather conditions.

If this game has to go ahead, and if UEFA had any guts about them it should be ordered to be played at a neutral ground roughly midway between Iceland and Scotland. That would be the Faroe Islands and probably the Torsuvall Stadium, an artificial pitch surrounded by massive hills and unpredictable weather conditions.

And they have to travel by boat.

If they do get thrown out of Europe, I want a statue of Bolingli in George Square
The SFA and SNP will give UEFA every assurance the game is safe to go ahead.
Leitch just said on clyde that they were conscious of the European game when deciding if the SPFL timescale for mentally challengeds being allowed to play was acceptable.

He also said he thought the clubs should be punished but that is up to the SPFL to decide.

There you have it. Scot free again.

Leitch just said on clyde that they were conscious of the European game when deciding if the SPFL timescale for mentally challengeds being allowed to play was acceptable.

He also said he thought the clubs should be punished but that is up to the SPFL to decide.

There you have it. Scot free again.

Surely even if Scottish Govt / SPFL are ok with it, UEFA can still sanction them

Clearly a Government decision as to whither the games goes ahead or not. However I would assume that the opposition will have to be advised well in advance if the game is going to go ahead. It is inconceivable that a decision can be delayed until next Tuesday.

Surely even if Scottish Govt / SPFL are ok with it, UEFA can still sanction them
The main thing here was the fact they are quite willing to massage dates to suit football clubs whilst telling us this is a deadly, serious virus which has killed more than 750,000 people worldwide.

So really serious but ahhh we have a bit of leeway in some cases.

Worth remembering that the Old Firm game on the 14th of March was still set to go ahead right up until the day before when England suspended all football and we - like we do with most things - swiftly followed suit.

I wouldn't be trusting anyone in power here (Government, SPFL, SFA etc.) to make a decision like that on their own, let alone the right one.

Back