Tim game at Ibrox

Henry2510

if rangers could make it happen with large screens at Ibrox for the 2nd how many would attend and how much would you pay a drunken debate I’m having

if rangers could make it happen with large screens at Ibrox for the 2nd how many would attend and how much would you pay a drunken debate I’m having
Used to happen many times before and alway had a large attendance, the technology is way better than it was then also

It'll only happen in the hospitality suits, no one is going to pay to sit in the ground trying to watch a screen 100 yards away unless there's no other option. I used to go when they did it previously and just sit up the back of the main stand and watch on the tv's they had there and I think many watched in the concourse

The last big screen game against them we lost heavily most folk had disappeared well before the end. With the games being on Sky sports now I doubt it would be worth it for the club. We need to support Rangers friendly pubs that will show the games the Big screen games beamed back to Ibrox are in the past for me.

Sit in the cold watching on a screen far away in the distance or watch in a warm pub with a few pints. I know which one I’m choosing.

The last big screen against them we lost heavily most folk had disappeared well before the end. With the games being on Sky sports now I doubt it would be worth it for the club. We need to support Rangers friendly pubs that will show the games the Big screen games beamed back to Ibrox are in the past for me.
They had the traditions to upkeep mate leaving early to make it as authentic as possible to normal games

I think theres value in such a venture but itd need to be a more decisive fixture away, e.g. title winning game so Rangers can sell it as a 'Watch the Championship clinched live" sort of thing.

Problem obvs is SKY would have the strangle hold and Im not sure Rangers would be allowed to screen it even if they wanted to?

The last big screen game against them we lost heavily most folk had disappeared well before the end. With the games being on Sky sports now I doubt it would be worth it for the club. We need to support Rangers friendly pubs that will show the games the Big screen games beamed back to Ibrox are in the past for me.
Last league game to kick off at 3 o’clock on a Saturday iirc.

The last ‘Beam Back’ game I went to was the day we lost 10 in a row. %^*& I feel old. Only seems like a few years ago.

Can think of nothing worse than sitting inside the ground watching on the screens with no alcohol in sight tbh.

Also, do people sing at the screens in this scenario? That would be hilarious

They are showing the game in Club 72 and Ibrox Suite at £30 a whip. Once Edminston House is ready they’ll be showing games there as they can hold 750 people.
We used to do beam backs in the mid to late 90’s - that was Murray’s reason for putting screens in the corners instead of seats. We used to sell these seats out no problem from memory.

Can think of nothing worse than sitting inside the ground watching on the screens with no alcohol in sight tbh.

Also, do people sing at the screens in this scenario? That would be hilarious
Sing at the screens? Naw.

They just sing to create atmosphere.

The last beam back I went to was away to Hearts. Last game of the season we won nine in a row. We got beat but I still had a brilliant day.

Last edited:
"Tim game......"

giphy.gif

We used to have beam backs as it was the only way to see the match if you didn't have a ticket.
These days every game is available on TV.
I'd much rather sit in the comfort of my own home or sit in the pub and watch.

I remember the Dynamo Kiev away leg beamback that was at 4pm during the 2nd week in September 1987. The sun was shining on the screens so people had to move around the ground to get a better view.

What about people singing in pubs?
I take your point but it’s not really the same thing. There’s somewhat of a difference people starting a sing song in a pub while drinking and people sitting not drinking and singing towards a screen. Would you sit in a living room not drinking and do that?

The last beam-back game at Ibrox was the Europa cup final in 2008 against Zenit

These days are gone for beam back games, I remember as a young kid going to watch the Leeds game in the sixties, was reported as 40000 at Ibrox to watch a 'TV'
With the introduction of Sky, the vast majority will watch it in the house or at the pub

Last edited:
The last ‘Beam Back’ game I went to was the day we lost 10 in a row. %^*& I feel old. Only seems like a few years ago.
That was also last beam back game a was at. It was a surreal atmosphere that day

I think theres value in such a venture but itd need to be a more decisive fixture away, e.g. title winning game so Rangers can sell it as a 'Watch the Championship clinched live" sort of thing.

Problem obvs is SKY would have the strangle hold and Im not sure Rangers would be allowed to screen it even if they wanted to?
Good shout. And the trophy gets helicoptered in to the adoring Ibrox fans.

The last beam back I went to was away to Hearts. Last game of the season we won nine I'm a row. We got beat but I still had a brilliant day.
Barry Ferguson's debut.

I was up in the Copland. We were dire that day. Lost 3-1 if memory serves.

The last beam back I went to was away to Hearts. Last game of the season we won nine in a row. We got beat but I still had a brilliant day.
Was there too. The players came back on a helicopter or something?

Was also at the beam back of the 5-1 defeat. Horrific.

These days are gone for beam back games, I remember as a young kid going to watch the Leeds game in the sixties, was reported as 40000 at Ibrox to watch a 'TV'
With the introduction of Sky, the vast majority will watch it in the house or at the pub
Pretty much it’s not really an attraction now, with pubs etc having the games on, I’m sure Rangers were advertising the game being showed at Ibrox though if the OP wants to be at Ibrox for it. Sure it was in the Bar72 area, couple of my mates went to the screening there for the Motherwell play off game said it was decent bar the result, I had the privilege of sitting at Fir Park sadly

Back