Tim game next week.

We've already tried Tillman on the right against them and it was a disaster. Think with Sakala's pace he has to start on that right hand side.

Also can't see Raskin starting next week after missing out today.

If Lundstram starts I'll have to get absolutely pished immediately..

Lundstram hasnt been the player he has been previously.Really off the boil now and Kamaras good games are few and far between . Tillman has to start though and can rattle them

We play against them as we should, with absolute confidence as they are an average football team.

Match their effort, close them down, press them and don’t give them time on the ball and we will win.

Its pathetic having to say this about professional footballers, but if Tav or Kent turn their back for any set piece and it costs us again, they should be hunted from Ibrox.

The team is important, but the formation is key.

We play without width leaving them 2 on 1 with 2 full backs who dont close down or defend. This floating inverted wide role poses us more problems than them.

I think we will go 3 at the back. They score so many goals against us at the back post. Not saying it will definitely stop at it but having 3 CBs in there will give us a better chance of preventing this. It also get Tav and Borna further forward where they are at their best. Having 3 CBs could also allow us to play with just one DM (Jack) allowing us to play Cantwell and Tillman in the middle too.

We play against them as we should, with absolute confidence as they are an average football team.

Match their effort, close them down, press them and don’t give them time on the ball and we will win.

Its pathetic having to say this about professional footballers, but if Tav or Kent turn their back for any set piece and it costs us again, they should be hunted from Ibrox.
Yeah like we did in LC final?, this team do not have it in them to go there and perform and get a result, they crumble.

Yeah like we did in LC final?, this team do not have it in them to go there and perform and get a result, they crumble.
The yahoo support will be at their absolute worst, trying to influence the game, intimidate and assault the officials and the Rangers team. It’ll be a tough afternoon. Don’t think our players will have what it takes to defy them. On the plus side, our support won’t be there to receive the usual torrent of Buckie bottles being launched at the end of the game.

Not looking forward to it to be honest but hopefully we find something that shuts them up
Even a result that will give us a psychological boost for the semi
This is my fear. If we take a doing at their pit it could have a very negative affect on our confidence.

I'd take a draw next week in a heartbeat, take a bit of the wind out of their sails.

Shagger
Tav, Goldson, Davies, Barasic
Cantwell , Raskin, Jack
Kent, Tillman, Sakala.

And get in their faces!!

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz
Raskin Jack
Cantwell Tillman Kent
Sakala

Front 4 all interchanging constantly. They can all play in each position. We need to go for it and scare them early. If we start on the back foot we are in trouble.

He has no been the best player in the celtic games .Ah dont know if i am being to harsh on the boy as he is only 20 but you need diggers and fighters at parkhead but dont know if he has got that.
Who did have good games in defeats to them though, not many

Need a fit Raskin and a Tillman on fire. If kamara is anywhere near the game we will lose. On our game we could do it but we need big marv in to inspire belief.

Previous poster said and I can’t get it out of my head…he attacks like the defender has a knife.
I'm pretty sure it was "he defends like the attacker has a knife".

Anyway, I'd have Borna over Yilmaz every time.
Yilmaz has shown nothing to suggest he can handle playing against the filth.

I think we have a few different options when it comes to formation and personnel but none of them fill me with confidence.

It’s not really about the formation of personnel for me though tbh, it all comes down to our attitude.

If we go toe to toe with them, match their intensity and attack them with pace then we’ll have a chance to win. If we sit off them again and play at a slow tempo when we have the ball then we’ve no chance.

The fact we have to start with Jack and/or Lundstram is pretty depressing. They will be overrun. The summer can't come quick enough.

He has no been the best player in the celtic games .Ah dont know if i am being to harsh on the boy as he is only 20 but you need diggers and fighters at parkhead but dont know if he has got that.
Which "diggers and fighters" are these?

I just can’t see Raskin starting after 3 weeks out and not even making the bench yesterday.

Big problem if that’s the case as I can’t see how we get the better of them in the middle of the park with the same personnel that have repeatedly failed to do that.

Play our best team available, fùcking go for it right from the start, I’d rather get beat trying than having to watch another performance displayed in last month’s final ..

Yours is an unfashionable, but correct view.

People, basking in the glow of a Dundee United double, tend to get annoyed when it’s mentioned how poor he’s been in 2 of his three derbies. And his contribution in the other one is usually overblown too.

Previous poster said and I can’t get it out of my head…he attacks like the defender has a knife.

I just can’t see Raskin starting after 3 weeks out and not even making the bench yesterday.

Big problem if that’s the case as I can’t see how we get the better of them in the middle of the park with the same personnel that have repeatedly failed to do that.
Who's to say though that it hinges on Raskin? He's only one of a 3 in midfield.

Who's to say though that it hinges on Raskin? He's only one of a 3 in midfield.
It doesn’t. We need more that Raskin to turn up.

But I think everyone is acutely aware that Kamara and Lundstram haven’t cut it this season and there’s always an element of doubt as to whether Jack can go 90 mins.

The game for me hinges on getting better control of the midfield.

Shagger

Tav Goldson Davies Yilmaz

Jack Raskin

Sakala Cantwell Kent

Morelos
I would put Tillman in for Cantwell as the latter looked a bit lightweight against them in the LCF. Apart from that, team is bang on for me. They couldn’t handle Sakalas pace down the right last time either so we need to utilize that again.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Raskin/Jack
Cantwell
Tillman

Sakala
Morelos
Kent

Might as well go down fighting, get in their faces. None of this sitting off pish.

We need to win, I'd start with this team and go for the jugular but Jack and Raskin are likely to start.

Back