Tim Stanley of Daily Telegraph; Things that never happened No 265

Tormusk1872

My dog has a saviour complex

I’ve been getting a lot of abuse in the street, which is not unusual if you’re me, but in recent days it has gotten a lot worse. It culminated in a man shouting at me in an impenetrable Scottish accent outside Victoria tube station. I couldn’t figure out why till I was standing in a fish and chip shop and an Irishman sidled up to me and whispered, “you’d get in a lot of trouble in parts of Belfast if you wore that t-shirt.” The penny dropped. I operate a laundry cycle, and this was the week to wear my Celtic football shirt.

Luckily I have my dog to protect me: now officially a Catholic dog after he was blessed by a priest. A few nights ago, I took him out for a late night wee and discovered a strange man lingering outside my house, in the bushes. Bert, who I’ve never seen so much as curl his lip at a human being, barked so wildly that I had to apologise to this likely burglar for disturbing his work. I was proud.

Imagine any editor allowing that absolute shite to be submitted as an “article”

Utter lies and made up shite

Tim by name. Tim by nature
One of my favourite journalists. Knew he was an editor of the Catholic observer but didn't think he got involved in all that nonsense. The bit about his dog is bizarre.

6666682308350651669_100x100.PNG

Rearrange the following three words:
Him
Oot
Rippin

The Telegraph used to be a good newspaper but in the last few years it has frankly been a rag.
This is just another small slip on its downward trajectory.

And they wonder why print media is dying.
I have always been suspicious of the diary type column.
Most people, journalists included, live mundane lives.
However the journalist with a weekly diary to be printed seem to be involved in more drama and confrontations than Clark Kent.

How very odd, clearly untrue.

"Ive been getting a lot of abuse in the street, which is not unusual if you’re me, but in recent days it has gotten a lot worse"

So he regularly gets abused in the streets? You would like to think that tells him something!

My dog has a saviour complex

I’ve been getting a lot of abuse in the street, which is not unusual if you’re me, but in recent days it has gotten a lot worse. It culminated in a man shouting at me in an impenetrable Scottish accent outside Victoria tube station. I couldn’t figure out why till I was standing in a fish and chip shop and an Irishman sidled up to me and whispered, “you’d get in a lot of trouble in parts of Belfast if you wore that t-shirt.” The penny dropped. I operate a laundry cycle, and this was the week to wear my Celtic football shirt.

Luckily I have my dog to protect me: now officially a Catholic dog after he was blessed by a priest. A few nights ago, I took him out for a late night wee and discovered a strange man lingering outside my house, in the bushes. Bert, who I’ve never seen so much as curl his lip at a human being, barked so wildly that I had to apologise to this likely burglar for disturbing his work. I was proud.
Why the %^*& would you even make that shit up?

Why are they do desperate to be victims?

Fucking weirdos.

So an upper-class Englishman who converts to catholicism goes out and buys a scum top? He obviously equates them as a part of the cult.
To immerse himself fully in this cult he then adopts their hygiene habits of wearing that mhanky stripey strip for a week.
We caricature them at times but like all stereotypes, there is a basis of truth.
What an odd little man.

Hes never been in a chip shop in his life.
Exactly.

And an “ Irishman sidled up to him and whispered” ffs hahahaha. That’s on a par with “ I picked up an Asian man’s wallet and he whispered to me”one favour deserves another, stay out of the city centre next Thursday” B-) .

What a load of utter bollocks. I cannot believe this guy wrote this shit, he’s on Question time a lot and seems to be taken seriously. Weirdo,

Certainly a new take on the Scotsman, Englishman, Irishman jokes.

Next weeks article;

How my dog suffers from religious hatred. I'll ask my pooch about it's transition from a canine to a catholic, and how it has deep conversations with my goldfish about topics such as transubstantiation.

Last edited:
Tramps singing sick songs at the weekend you can always guarantee there will be a sob story appear in the media.

Imagine any editor allowing that absolute shite to be submitted as an “article”

Utter lies and made up shite

Tim by name. Tim by nature
I don't think he is now, but wasn't the editor of the telegraph until recently the self-declared Rangers hating Murdoch MacLennan? So inventing stories and alibis should come naturally to that ilk.

Quite sad really that a paper known as the torygraph, i.e a paper that should be embedded in traditional british values, sees fit to employ scum like these

Strange chap this.

Was a Labour Party candidate - now votes Conservative
Was a Baptist - became an Anglican
Was an Anglican - became a Catholic.

This is a 40 year old professional journalist who cuts about London in a Cellik tap - for a week.
I watched.a Spectator video on YouTube where he was a guest contributor. He was wearing a Celtic top on that.

He seems like a thoroughly odd fellow who certainly wouldn’t be welcomed by certain sections at Celtic Park given his political views.

Back