Time added on

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Obviously it was purely academic yesterday but the 4 minutes was a joke considering the stoppages and substitutes used. Why is it that there always seems so little time added onto games here compared to in England where you'll regularly see 6 or 7 minutes if the game has been held up yet almost never here?

This is not specific to yesterday as we could have played another christ knows how many minutes without scoring. Just seems no matter what happens in matches here 4 is the absolute maximum but 2 a lot or 3 a lot more likely.

what about the one minute added on in the first half ? that was even worse.

Obviously it was purely academic yesterday but the 4 minutes was a joke considering the stoppages and substitutes used. Why is it that there always seems so little time added onto games here compared to in England where you'll regularly see 6 or 7 minutes if the game has been held up yet almost never here?

This is not specific to yesterday as we could have played another christ knows how many minutes without scoring. Just seems no matter what happens in matches here 4 is the absolute maximum but 2 a lot or 3 a lot more likely.

Time to introduce the rugby system where the referee stops the clock whenever there is an injury. It works very well, and would certainly help the game

Time to introduce the rugby system where the referee stops the clock whenever there is an injury. It works very well, and would certainly help the game
When the idea came up the other month of playing 2 x 30 minute periods with the clock only ticking when the ball is actually in play I was all for it. I really can't see the downside.

It certainly wouldn't help us. How often do we score late on when we really need it? Never.

It certainly wouldn't help us. How often do we score late on when we really need it? Never.

Well, I'm not sure that I agree with that, but you are entitled to your opinion.

If we had the correct amount of time added on, who knows what would happen .....

I tend to agree on this one in general.

Even at Ibrox sometimes. All subs made and other stoppages. 3 minutes is the standard. It's an issue across all games

I called 4 minutes a mile away. So predictable.

2 minutes if it's comfortable for one team and has been run of the mill. 3 minutes for for an average game and 4 minutes in the controversial games with injuries. That's the scope of injury time up here.

So your "never" consists solely of the dozen or so matches played this season, ah I see.
Well we are talking about Pedro's team. there would hardly be any point in quoting the times Advocaat or Smith's teams done it would there?

The point was the lack of heart and fight the current team has to get a late goal.

It really is a pain in the arse the way they work out additional time - very rarely across the globe is anywhere near what it should be. It almost makes me wish there was a similar way of doing it to say Ice Hockey - when you're not in play the clock stops. If that ends up adding on 10 mins to a game tough shit, perhaps then speed up the amount of time wasting that goes on and ensuring injuries are properly dealt with by getting injured person off the field ASAP.

Well we are talking about Pedro's team. there would hardly be any point in quoting the times Advocaat or Smith's teams done it would there?

The point was the lack of heart and fight the current team has to get a late goal.
I seem to recall us scoring a last minute winner under Pedro at Firhill. Is that included or not included in never?

It really is a pain in the arse the way they work out additional time - very rarely across the globe is anywhere near what it should be. It almost makes me wish there was a similar way of doing it to say Ice Hockey - when you're not in play the clock stops. If that ends up adding on 10 mins to a game tough shit, perhaps then speed up the amount of time wasting that goes on and ensuring injuries are properly dealt with by getting injured person off the field ASAP.
I really don't think it would add onto the game at all. There would be absolutely no advantage to be gained from time wasting or making stupid subs at the end of the match with players walking slowly off to run down the clock.

6 subs used second half so that's meant to be 30 secs each
Then Moult then Cardoso having to leave the pitch.
Not sure what else but 6 mins would have been closer

No idea what the min in the first half was for though.

6 subs used second half so that's meant to be 30 secs each
Then Moult then Cardoso having to leave the pitch.
Not sure what else but 6 mins would have been closer

No idea what the min in the first half was for though.
The pushing match near the end would have been well over a minute also.

I seem to recall us scoring a last minute winner under Pedro at Firhill. Is that included or not included in never?
Fair enough. we've done it once. Forgot about that game .

Anytime we're chasing a late goal, which lets be honest is fairly regularly, I just sit and think we could play all night and still not score.

Back