Time for a change from 'The best'?

Heavy Metal theme tunes and entrance music is very typical in Wrestling.
So everyone at an AC/DC concert is a wrestling fan :)), I just like that tune that’s all.

And as I said, IF I was going to change it.

Happy with what we’ve got.

Overdone, boring as feck, played at too many funerals, people only clap and sing wee bits of it, well past its sell by date.

I don't know what you'd replace it with though as it's become part of the furniture sadly.

I do agree that it winds up the opposition though, but our very existence winds them up.

It’s our Anthem. I was at a wedding it was played and a yahoo lost the plot. Bears were giving him a right hard time afterwards and the gimp fu*ked off home in a huff. Also read that tramp was lifted for an outburst at the carnival (because it was played) on Hogmanay. So it riles them up so we keep it.

I'd like us to walk out to Blue Sea of Ibrox or Every Other Saturday. New versions of it, obviously - not the megamix pish that the clowns have been playing since 1993.

In fact my favourite version of Every Other Saturday is the Dean Chalmers acoustic version on YouTube, think that would work brilliantly with the whole stadium singing along.

Last edited:
Does anyone else think it's time for a change of song when the players emerge from the tunnel? Even just now and again to mix things up?

I think the 2 songs below could work really well for evening / big games.

Thanks for outing yourself Timothy.

Etc.

I’d be pro change. Covid with no fans could have been the time to do it.

I don’t have a suggestion though

Certain things at our club should and will never be changed ....

- Ibrox gates
- socks
- marble staircase
- our Tina !!!

Does anyone else think it's time for a change of song when the players emerge from the tunnel? Even just now and again to mix things up?

I think the 2 songs below could work really well for evening / big games.

Guy who wrote Sirius, Eric Woolfson, was brought up less than a mile from the stadium.
He's buried in Cathcart Cemetery.

No. When I'm watching Schitt's Creek and a guy starts singing The Best to his boyfriend, I want to believe the guy who chooses the music for the show was staunch. Even if he's not, it's still quality. I like when it comes on at weddings or whatever and the awkward/resentful reaction of the attending scum fans who never quite know if the DJ is staunch or he actually picked it just to please the elderly Tina Turner fans. Keep it.

Not a fan of it myself, it's a bit of a plodder and it reminds me of David Murray. But to be fair it's now part of Rangers FC and is well loved, part of me also dreads what it might be replaced with...
Wasn't it adopted because Minty had a huge crush on big Tina? I seem to remember that it was in the papers at the time.

100% change it

Its tired, does feck all for atmosphere really, say it every week it just gets mumbled over usually.

Do we even need an entrance song? We arent a WWE wrestler!

The roar of the crowd far exceeds the song - just need the crowd to engage (aside the UB)

100% change it

Its tired, does feck all for atmosphere really, say it every week it just gets mumbled over usually.

Do we even need an entrance song? We arent a WWE wrestler!

The roar of the crowd far exceeds the song - just need the crowd to engage (aside the UB)
My absolute preference, the roar of the crowd.

I think we should keep STB but if we had to change i think that Enter Sandman by Metallica would be a good one, after seeing this on YouTube.

Back