Time for Alredo to stop talking about leaving

It's just been a signing that hasn't worked out. Like I said if they thought he had something to offer he wouldn't have been offloaded.

You never know maybe he'll be recalled in January and you can make me eat my words but I just don't see it.
I think we signed Roofe and Itten based on Morelos leaving.
Morelos stays so Itten struggles and his confidence is shattered.
Even this pre season he was scoring.
Same thing will happen with Sakala as Morelos plays regardless of form.

Exactly this. I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve seen people say “he’s our best player by a country mile”, “enjoy him while he’s here”,“£20m just to get to the table”. I’ve taken a lot of grief on here over the years for simply not getting that. He has never really stood out as some sort of elite player for me, he just looks like one of the team and sometimes he’s worse than a man down.

He’s not an elite footballer in the context of world football. He’s never going to be a main striker at a top 4 club in any of the top 4 leagues. But £20m on his best form wasn’t outlandish and he was comfortably our best player for a long time. He’s absolutely carried us at times.

What’s happening now reminds me of early last season when he was torn down, only to come back, play like a demon in the second half of the season, which lead to his hypothetical value going back up and Coop, Del and their mates going back under their rock.

Last edited:
He’s not an elite footballer in the context of world football. He’s never going to be a main striker at a top 4 club in any of the top 4 leagues. But £20m on his best form wasn’t outlandish and he was comfortably our best player for a long time. He’s absolutely carried us at times.

What happening now reminds me of early last season when he was torn down, only to come back, play like a demon in the second half of the season, which lead to his hypothetical value going back up and Coop, Del and their mates going back under their rock.
Each to his own. I try not to go on about it but I don’t see Rangers as below his level at all and never have. He has spells of good form like others, and in my opinion people get very carried away during those times, you’d think we had a Gascoigne/Laudrup level player.

Each to his own. I try not to go on about it but I don’t see Rangers as below his level at all and never have. He has spells of good form like others, and in my opinion people get very carried away during those times, you’d think we had a Gascoigne/Laudrup level player.
You’re entitled to your opinion of course. But fit, in form and used in the right way I think he’s easily capable of playing in the top 4 leagues. I think he’s shown those capabilities often enough in Europe against opposition far beyond what we face in Scotland.

And football fans do tend to carried away with their own players at times. In the summer we had people suggesting Kent and Tav should have been a part of England’s squad, we also had people stick a £25m price on Hagi who’s never even managed to nail down a starting slot in our league.

But at the same time I think our support are quite unique for really talking our players down too. I’ve also never know another support to write players off after 90-180 minutes worth of game time.

But at the same time I think our support are quite unique for really talking our players down too. I’ve also never know another support to write players off after 90-180 minutes worth of game time.
To be fair they are the exact same on KDS. Their best players get slaughtered on there more than they do on here, the Turnbull thread is hilarious.

To be fair they are the exact same on KDS. Their best players get slaughtered on there more than they do on here, the Turnbull thread is hilarious.

Fair enough mate, I can’t say I’ve read it. Surely their best player is Kyogo though, or the George Michael lookalike. Turnbull doesn’t even have the fitness to do a full 90 with any regularity!

You’re entitled to your opinion of course. But fit, in form and used in the right way I think he’s easily capable of playing in the top 4 leagues. I think he’s shown those capabilities often enough in Europe against opposition far beyond what we face in Scotland.

And football fans do tend to carried away with their own players at times. In the summer we had people suggesting Kent and Tav should have been a part of England’s squad, we also had people stick a £25m price on Hagi who’s never even managed to nail down a starting slot in our league.

I actually agree that the Morelos in form against the likes of Porto, Feyenoord etc could play in the top 4 leagues, probably bottom half teams though.

Trouble is, that form Morelos hasn’t been seen for a long time and when he does shine through, it’s for no more than half a season

Hence the reason we’ve only ever had one concrete bid from Lille and zero interest it seems from any other big 4 league team

I actually agree that the Morelos in form against the likes of Porto, Feyenoord etc could play in the top 4 leagues, probably bottom half teams though.

Trouble is, that form Morelos hasn’t been seen for a long time and when he does shine through, it’s for no more than half a season

Hence the reason we’ve only ever had one concrete bid from Lille and zero interest it seems from any other big 4 league team

We’ll never really know who’s enquired or wanted to take him. Anyway if you finds form I think he could do well for a mid table side in any of these leagues. I think a lot of these players have had their time here anyway.

I've argued with people on here about his fitness. On Saturday those sitters he missed where shocking.
To me he's lost his pace from being a stone overweight. I really do think it's affecting his game. Plus if he doesn't want to be here sell him.
They're will always be a another 9.

What’s happening now reminds me of early last season when he was torn down, only to come back, play like a demon in the second half of the season, which lead to his hypothetical value going back up and Coop, Del and their mates going back under their rock.
His form in the second half of last season still doesn’t make him worth the £16 million we were offered. Sure he played better than the first half but it wasn’t close to the form of 2019 were we received the offer of £16 million.

I wouldn’t have taken that money when we were offered it but it’s his fault his value has depreciated since then.

If any of them want to leave or not renew contract, open the door and get rid of.
Look across to the piggery half their mob wanted out and look what happened over there

That Instagram post is a bit of a beamer for Morelos, he shouldn’t be going down that route.

Play well, score goals, look interested - that’s how you’ll silence critics.

We definitely aren't seeing the £16m Lille confirmed they offered again.
Final part of our financial plan is to sell and use the money to replace players. That money plus Alfredos wages could have went a long way.
I am very much of the opinion that once a player wants to go then we sell. Goldson is another example.
Our DoF and management team are much lauded but I don't think they are as innovative as many make out.
Alfredos performance at the weekend was pitiful.

We are asking players to adapt to new team mates, a different system usually to what they are used to, new culture, gain fitness, squad rotation new house etc. I’d give someone 3-6 months to let all these other things settle down.

It’s not like most SPFL teams who buy average players to fit in to a rigid defensive blooterball system.

Steven Gerrard has warned Alfredo Morelos he can forget about winning a dream move to England until he starts doing the business for Rangers.

The Colombian has made no secret of his desire to one day test himself in the Premier League.

But his Ibrox boss – dishing out his third warning within the past seven days – reckons he will struggle to attract a big offer while his Gers slump continues.

Gerrard - who also says it is down to club chiefs to thrash out a new deal for Connor Goldson after insisting he has done all he can to convince the defender to stay - has been vocal with his criticism of the striker.

Morelos - stuck on 99 goals for the club - has netted just five times in 16 games this season.

Liverpool legend Gerrard insists that’s not good enough and now says it could hamper his hopes of clinching a major move south.

Asked about the 25-year-old’s future, Gerrard also took another swing at Morelos’ agent as he said: “That’s Alfredo’s decision and his representation’s decision. They seem pretty close.

“There has been a lot of noise on the outside about Alfredo, certainly in the three and half years that I have been here.

“None of that noise has come from anyone at Rangers.

“Alfredo will make his decision. He’s made it clear where he wants to be long-term.

“But the reality is he’s got to perform at a level here for people to show an interest in him.”

Speaking to Sky Sports, Gerrard added: “For me we like working with him, we like the player, he scores goals.

“I said last week I think he can get to a better level from a personal point of view and then the goals will come.

“But in terms of decisions where he’ll be in the long-term it will be down to him and his representatives rather than us.

“We’ve always shown we want to keep the player, the fans have always shown they want to keep the player.

“So all the noise around Alfredo comes from him and his people rather than us.”

Back