Time for Alredo to stop talking about leaving

If we’re being honest his decision making has and still is shocking taking pot shots from ridiculous angles where he has never scored from so why shoot if history says you never score from there? It comes down to a lack of composure

As poor as I've ever seen him yesterday. Barely even held the ball up for us and scuffed at any sight of goal he had.

Roofe's got to start most league games.

If the opportunity presents itself in January, we should cash in. The guy is a shadow of the player we saw 2+ years ago.

We need a striker who doesn't consistently miss sitters.

Needs to start performing for the club that pays his wages before anyone else will consider bidding
Quicker he realises that the better for everyone.

We'll need to seriously consider selling in January,if we have a bid obviously,or we could have another Goldson situation.

On his form this season no one will want him. The chances he can't even put on target are farcical now. He is supposed to be our main striker, how many goals has be scored this season?

Time for someone else in the eleven. I say this as a big Alfie fan but he's not more important than the team.
It's this obsession with Alfie getting his 100th goal. Ok he's on 99, but he should have been pulled at half time. It just wasn't working for him yesterday. He can get his next goal against some other team, not when we're trying to go 4 points cleat. His next goal is no more important to the team than his first. Time to rest him.

He’s overweight and misses 2-4 chances easily a game. I fear we have missed the boat to cash in on Morelos to be honest. Be lucky if he scores double digits this season imo.
Hes half way to double digits I think you will be wrong about the double digits to be honest. Having said that had he his shooting boot's on we would have coasted yesterday's game. As I'm typing he appears on the ladies game as a supporter!

Said it at the time of the Lille bid we should have accepted it and we will now never get another bid like it, think of how different the team would look today if we had that money to at least invest some of it back into the team. Morelos problem is he thinks hes better than he is, far better and he thinks he is doing us a favour by being here. Players play badly its football but i cant abide players not giving a feck and half arseing it or being professional enough to stay in shape.

Said it at the time of the Lille bid we should have accepted it and we will now never get another bid like it, think of how different the team would look today if we had that money to at least invest some of it back into the team. Morelos problem is he thinks hes better than he is, far better and he thinks he is doing us a favour by being here. Players play badly its football but i cant abide players not giving a feck and half arseing it or being professional enough to stay in shape.

We won the league and Alfredo played his part so it was absolutely the correct decision. Last season was far too important to be selling our best striker unless it was a crazy offer.

We won the league and Alfredo played his part so it was absolutely the correct decision. Last season was far too important to be selling our best striker unless it was a crazy offer.

Fair enough its a valid point but 16m is a crazy offer and i wasnt hung up on the 10 like most others, how can you say its tainted but then act like its the be all and end all, its tainted or its not and to me it was tainted so i couldnt give a feck about them winning ten. To me this season is far more important with the chamops league money and what it could do for the clubs future.

Its all conjecture now and we will never know but thats what fans do aint it, discuss things and rake over the past. I would love it if he got his act together and became the player he used to be but i think he is passed caring.

Fair enough its a valid point but 16m is a crazy offer and i wasnt hung up on the 10 like most others, how can you say its tainted but then act like its the be all and end all, its tainted or its not and to me it was tainted so i couldnt give a feck about them winning ten. To me this season is far more important with the chamops league money and what it could do for the clubs future.

Its all conjecture now and we will never know but thats what fans do aint it, discuss things and rake over the past. I would love it if he got his act together and became the player he used to be but i think he is passed caring.
This all day long.100%

Correct. His goals in second half of season were vital. He just needs to find some form. He could and should have had two yesterday.

I don't think we'll get what we wanted mate, lack of goals a dip in form another year chipped of his contract, I would like to think we could get £12/13m though but I'd still be hoping we could get a lot more, who knows.
I hope you are correct mate. I think we will struggle to get those sort of numbers now and I think Alfie is in for a shock when he sees the sort of teams who would consider buying him at the moment. Maybe he doesn’t care and it’s just about the money. Obviously things can change quickly in football but he’s doing himself no favours for a player who has always considered us a stepping stone.

On his form this season no one will want him. The chances he can't even put on target are farcical now. He is supposed to be our main striker, how many goals has be scored this season?

Time for someone else in the eleven. I say this as a big Alfie fan but he's not more important than the team.
Time for him to be dropped 4 really good chances missed yesterday

Hes half way to double digits I think you will be wrong about the double digits to be honest. Having said that had he his shooting boot's on we would have coasted yesterday's game. As I'm typing he appears on the ladies game as a supporter!
I meant in the league tbf, my bad. He’s not really had his shooting boots on for months.

Get him punted in January and invest he’s nowhere near the level of 18 months ago!

the 3rd Spurs goal today was exactly like the move involving Bacuna, Roofe and Morelos, apart from Spurs bulged the net and Alfie couldnt hit a coo on the erse with a banjo just now. Needs dropped for a while and Defoe brought in as cover for Roofe. He;d have taken at least one if not more of the chances Morelos missed yesterday, even coming on from the bench.

Even when Morelos is on form and scoring goals, he still misses plenty of chances that he should really put away. At the moment he’s missing absolutely everything. Miles off the player he was 2 years ago.

£16m is crazy money. Is Adam Armstrong, half a Danny Ings, a quarter of Ben White, or a couple of Waghorns. It’s absolutely nothing these days. It’s Ajer.

Wouldnt he have been a bosman by now if he didn’t? - And hence could have signed an even better contract elsewhere.
Yes, but why would he run a contract down on say £20k a week when he has the chance to top his wages up to £30k a week with the likely promise of being sold to the highest bidder being thrown in as a sweetener?

Yes, but why would he run a contract down on say £20k a week when he has the chance to top his wages up to £30k a week with the likely promise of being sold to the highest bidder being thrown in as a sweetener?

He could be in China earning £150k tax free. All hypothetical, but you only have to look at Goldson to see why you wouldn’t sign a new deal to top up your wages.

If we’re all being honest, Morelos has rarely been what you’d call a ruthless striker.

His best run of form with us was the first half of the 2019/20 season when he really was on fire, but post Xmas he barely kicked his own arse and that’s more or less been the story of his career with us - at times almost unplayable; at others like a man down.

What I will say however is that you usually get half a season from him when he is actually good. Two years ago it was that first half, last season the second so I certainly wouldn’t bet against him returning to form sooner or later.

Well, thanks to the Right to censor brigade who demanded Alfie change his ways, he now plays like a dug just back fae the vets who has had his nuts locked off. Now everybody wants Attitude era Alfie back.

Stick him in a room for an hour with Sir Walter and have him run through the same script he did with Boyd after his PLG stint. Because thats what it looks like. I don't care what it is he needs, snort a big line of death wish coffee granules, pump some dirties who knows but whatever the lad needs he should be supplied with and then just turn him loose in and around the 18 yard box snapping and snarling.

Other than that, stick him on the bench and use him as window dressing to beef up his tag price.

He’s one in a number of big game players who’s yet to turn up this season.

We’ve not had an outstanding performance from Kent when he wasn’t injured, tav, barasic, Kamara or Morelos.

To add to that our defence has been shocking.

Perhaps if one of them actually put in a performance it will drag the rest with him.

If we had Boyce upfront today instead of Morelos we would’ve won the game.
If Boyce was playing for us he would have been off for persistant fouling imo. Also anyone else notice nielson telling the ref to red card (bacuna I think) right on the touchline fkin twat

All time European top scorer already. Still a young guy. Hibs away goal was a defining moment in 55 (similar to the Cedric v Motherwell.)He’s been off it for far too long but he has earned a few extra life’s.

I was like a bear with a sore head yesterday but even after near 10 years coming back we’ve forgotten that we never did win every game.

Hopefully he will rediscover the form he showed last season. Wouldn't want him to leave and not be remembered as a major factor in 55.

It's not up to me but according to Trasfermarkt his highest value was £13.5m and is currently £10.8m so I'd be looking for nothing less than £12m.
Of course if we had a Rangers friendly mhedia he'd be getting constantly bandied around as a £25-30m player the way they do with even mediocre celtic players!
;)
Hate to tell you but Keevins, Jackson, Stewart etc didn't miss the sitters on Saturday. If anyone is responsible for Alfie's value dropping its himself.

Morelos is indicative of our issues right now. He just looks stale and probably needs a move to kick start his career.

He's been a great player for Rangers, for £1M he's been terrific value but now looks like a player completely stagnating.

I was slaughtered a few weeks ago for suggesting we'd be doing well to get £10m for him.

Anyone genuinely think we'd get more??

In fact I might be being very generous with a £10m estimate. I think that will be a struggle.

This season HAS to be the last for him.

Back