Time for change posters on every seat today

Robertson I think is always going to be compared to Lawwell in some respects.

Lawwell is always on the front foot with the media and football authorities in Scotland and because of that they rarely get the short end of the straw from either.

Robertson should really be the public face of the club and be front and centre when defending the fans, players and club but is nowhere to be seen most times.

That clip above is probably the most aminated we've seen him since he joined Rangers and only cause it's him personally on the end of some stick.
Celtic are devious and manipulative. Even if it worked to our advantage I would never want Rangers to stoop to Lawell levels.

I think Celtic have managed to play the race/religion card to maximum advantage with the media. Very rarely , to the point of never, will the papers or TV run any negative story about Celtic unless they are 100% sure of their facts. With us they don’t need anything more than a rumour to make it headlines. Last week Hearts supporters were fighting with people wearing green.

We will never carry that same implied threat that a reporting error will result in legal action . It’s like when you were a youngster if somebody ran home to their dad, before he even asked what happened he was charging down the park to confront someone, your dad was giving you a slap or telling you it was your own fault.

In what universe does it cost £50m to replace Robertson and Wilson? Which is what they're campaigning for?
Do you think the UB leaders, whoever they are as we don’t know, should form the selection panel for Robertson and Wilson’s replacements, since the self made multi millionaires who appointed and extol their performances, obviously in their expert opinions as business tycoons know more than those self made multi millionaires?

Do you think the UB leaders, whoever they are as we don’t know, should form the selection panel for Robertson and Wilson’s replacements, since the self made multi millionaires who appointed and extol their performances, obviously in their expert opinions as business tycoons know more than those self made multi millionaires?
This is the exact same argument as folk saying "could you do any better" when critiquing a footballer. It means absolutely nothing. The Rangers support pay hard earned money to follow their team and have every single right to voice their opinions on what they have seen over the last few years and at present.

The self made millionaires as you like to call them, are paying Roberton upwards of £400kpa to oversee us go into reverse since winning the league and failing on the pitch at present, thus soon allowing the other mob to overtake us on trophies. Do you believe that's acceptable?

Robertson’s job is also to deliver on the strategic projects which the club is undertaking, such as NEH, player trading and improving facilities for disabled fans.

One was a year late and over budget with little to no explanation from the club, another was talked about for years with it only starting last summer and the third only seems to get mentioned around the AGM, with little progress seemingly being made year on year (although that seems to have changed recently). If nothing els reddy e, it shows a lack of co Rees mmunication and engagement with the supporters.
W..
Wilson’s main success is Bassey. Apart from that, can we really give him credit for spending money on players who can’t get into the team or for the coaching staff achieving a on field success using a team made up ozf h.is predecessor’s signings?
Did he not bring in Cantwell, Raskin,Lawrence,Davies, Colak and Tillman this season.

Can you please explain what power the UBs have? I mean, without the UBs, Ibrox would certainly be a quieter place, initially at least and we may lose the displays, which would be sad. But we'd still fill Ibrox and every away allocation with or without them. So I'm genuinely interested in what this power is? I know a lot of younger fans know nothing other than Ibrox with the UBs and can't imagine it any other way, but I had nearly 40 years of watching Rangers before the UBs appeared and it was absolutely fine. As it was for almost 100 years before that. Great days / nights at Ibrox, away days, European trips..... wouldn't swap it for today's stuff for all the tea in China. As I said in an earlier post, the UBs do a lot of good stuff, but their sense of self-importance and self-entitlement is tarnishing that for, I suspect, a good proportion of the wider support. They should stick to supporting the team and stop trying to run the club, because I suspect they really dont have the 'power' they think they have.
I feel exactly the same

Ok, using this attitude then, no fan should ever turn on a manager and ask for them to be sacked?
Same premise at play surely?

This is the exact same argument as folk saying "could you do any better" when critiquing a footballer. It means absolutely nothing. The Rangers support pay hard earned money to follow their team and have every single right to voice their opinions on what they have seen over the last few years and at present.

The self made millionaires as you like to call them, are paying Roberton upwards of £400kpa to oversee us go into reverse since winning the league and failing on the pitch at present, thus soon allowing the other mob to overtake us on trophies. Do you believe that's acceptable?
That’s life and it is to large extent the consequence of
1). ‘front end loading’ to stop Terry Malone, which brought us into UEFA’s spotlight with respect to Financial Fair Play and let’s face it a £23m annual loss on a turnover of about £50m would, along with rejecting a mid teens millions offer for Morelos and an offer from Leeds for Kent, and we probably only escaped adverse consequences because of COVID,
2). allowing Gerrard’s demand that none of his players be sold after 55 and he knew the financial position, qualify for the CL otherwise Lundstram with his big wage is the highlight for you. The Board were damned if they did and damned if they didn’t as we are seeing. Allow Gerrard his way and don’t qualify for the CL and they get slated ever since for not providing money that the UEFA Financial regulations prevent us spending or defy Gerrard possibly sell, say, Morelos and Kent as many are now saying should have been done, Gerrard goes and the Board are vilified for losing an iconic 55 winning manager.

Somehow lots of people seem to think that because they spend money, much of it into the coffers of those who tried to destroy us just over ten years ago, following the team that gives them the right to decide whether executives are doing the job the RIFC board want. It doesn’t.

And it’s not the same as critiquing a player. Those vilifying Robertson and Wilson don’t know their remits, only the RIFC board members do, players performances are on view to all and are very much a matter of personal opinion. I very much doubt any of those agitating could draw up a performance specification for their positions that was beyond a preposterous win everything.

You’re not exactly the most impartial when you actively dig out the UB at every turn, even when other people point out RSCs/groups of friends do the exact same thing you dig out the UB for
Can only speak of my experiences no RSC has ever wasted a game for me , you enjoy the current Rangers away day experience, I don’t , we’re both allowed our opinion , best left at that

Managers, and players for that matter, output is there for us all to see. Club executives remit and appraisal of their performance by their line managers is not.
Ok, that’s a fair response in terms of tangible outputs. I accept that.

What I’d say to that though is that is transfer dealings are tangible outputs too - fans can look at players and determine if they believe we’ve made good signings. Fans can look at assets running down contracts and leaving for free as being a massive failure. Fans can listen to the director of football doing a Q&A at the AGM and see through his empty words

Robertson is a bit different and I accept that. To me, I think he should’ve been stepping in with the Sydney issue and telling Bisgrove that it can’t happen. Robertson is ultimately to blame for the lack of transparency at the club - we’ve still not seen the results of 2 surveys the club have done, safe standing and UB central move. Also, Robertson is ultimately to blame for the lack of communication from our SLO

Can only speak of my experiences no RSC has ever wasted a game for me , you enjoy the current Rangers away day experience, I don’t , we’re both allowed our opinion , best left at that
We certainly are but from the outside looking in, it seems bizarre that it’s only the UB that get dug out for something that RSCs and other groups do?

I need to take your word on your experiences. There’s things I don’t enjoy with the current away experience, there’s things the UB do that I don’t necessarily like but the difference to me is that people jump in two-footed when it’s to have a go at UB but never comment when it’s others causing the issue (banned songs being an example, more often than not it’s started by other fans but UB cop the blame)

We certainly are but from the outside looking in, it seems bizarre that it’s only the UB that get dug out for something that RSCs and other groups do?

I need to take your word on your experiences. There’s things I don’t enjoy with the current away experience, there’s things the UB do that I don’t necessarily like but the difference to me is that people jump in two-footed when it’s to have a go at UB but never comment when it’s others causing the issue (banned songs being an example, more often than not it’s started by other fans but UB cop the blame)
The ultra things not for me mate , I enjoyed the Rangers end far more before all this started , people love it , it’s up to the individual

The ultra things not for me mate , I enjoyed the Rangers end far more before all this started , people love it , it’s up to the individual
Of course, but things like song choice and grouping up are not exclusive to the UB but both are often used as a stick to beat them with. All I’m saying here is that people are happy to slaughter UB for it but won’t accept the issue is also applicable to others (not necessarily you, I know we’ve had many discussions about it but it’s something that triggers me)

I have no interest calling myself an ultra but admit I like the displays and things the bring. Few minor things I disagree with but you’ll never agree with everything

Still think it's far to easy to just lay all the blame at Wilson's door.
Think about it. He might identify 2 or 3 players for a required position but who makes the final choice as to who signs on?

Example. Who at our club looks at that faltering defence and goalkeeper and opts not to change it?
Wilson? Robertson?, the manager?

Of course, but things like song choice and grouping up are not exclusive to the UB but both are often used as a stick to beat them with. All I’m saying here is that people are happy to slaughter UB for it but won’t accept the issue is also applicable to others (not necessarily you, I know we’ve had many discussions about it but it’s something that triggers me)

I have no interest calling myself an ultra but admit I like the displays and things the bring. Few minor things I disagree with but you’ll never agree with everything
The song choice doesn’t bother me at all , we don’t sit in the west stand at hampden anymore coz of the ub , every time we get an away ticket first thing we check are we near where the ub go , any time I’ve been near them they show absolutely no respect to anybody round about them in my experiences , I don’t think going to the football should be like that , people might think I’m a wet wipe but I can assure you going to the football never used to be like that , it was absolutely brilliant no matter where you were in our end

The song choice doesn’t bother me at all , we don’t sit in the west stand at hampden anymore coz of the ub , every time we get an away ticket first thing we check are we near where the ub go , any time I’ve been near them they show absolutely no respect to anybody round about them in my experiences , I don’t think going to the football should be like that , people might think I’m a wet wipe but I can assure you going to the football never used to be like that , it was absolutely brilliant no matter where you were in our end
But what you describe there also happens when groups from RSCs congregate together etc. Its not just a UB issue

Ok, that’s a fair response in terms of tangible outputs. I accept that.

What I’d say to that though is that is transfer dealings are tangible outputs too - fans can look at players and determine if they believe we’ve made good signings. Fans can look at assets running down contracts and leaving for free as being a massive failure. Fans can listen to the director of football doing a Q&A at the AGM and see through his empty words

Robertson is a bit different and I accept that. To me, I think he should’ve been stepping in with the Sydney issue and telling Bisgrove that it can’t happen. Robertson is ultimately to blame for the lack of transparency at the club - we’ve still not seen the results of 2 surveys the club have done, safe standing and UB central move. Also, Robertson is ultimately to blame for the lack of communication from our SLO
Let’s start with transfer dealings. Would anyone really have advocated selling Morelos in 2019 when Gerrard was asking for a new contract and wage increase for him, or trying to sell him in 20 during COVID lockdown and before before 55? Surely not. In 21 Gerrard demanded none of his players be sold, the board acceded to that demand. In 22 he was injured while away on International duty and out for months. Would anyone have bought him? Obviously not. And that’s before we even consider that no-one can make a player move if he doesn’t want to. Somehow though it has become legend among many on here that players can be strong armed into moving somewhere just because their present club wants them to.
Kent was bought in 2019 for a (for us in our financial position) very substantial fee. Kent was the epitome of ’front end loading’ so let’s please agree he wasn’t being sold before 55 was achieved in 21, and Gerrard‘s demand that neither he nor any of his squad mates be sold. Last summer had there been decent offers perhaps from the Bundesliga following his EL performances. I don’t recall hearing of any from there or any from the EPL or EFL. So we had a player whose write down value in the books was by then les than £2m. So do we keep him or try to sell him for, say, £3m with the likelihood that his agent would be looking for a major share of that, possibly the balance of his contract, say £1.5 to £2m. So do we keep him or try to move him on for not very much? Decision was to keep. Whether right of wrong a decision on these things has to be made and stuck to. Who knows perhaps there’s another Goldson new contract on the way, which will have another mob screaming that we should have let him go.

Robertson is to blame for the lack of transparency. I have never been involved with a company who were willing to have their information available to all and sundry.
Bisgrove’s job is to find income streams. He found one and properly put it to the decision makers via the MD. The MD did the correct thing also. Personally I didn’t agree with playing them down under but in taking that view I’ll understand if someone says ‘Aye we would have been able to afford the transfers of another Raskin and another Cantwell but the support didn’t want the £3m we would have earned playing the scum in Sydney. As I said judgements have to be taken decisions made and then the outcomes lived with. If we end up short of new players that will have played a part in that outcome.
Anything to do with the UBS is essentially toxic to the club and I believe the board do not want them becoming any more like than their cross city contemporaries. Many of the UBs displays have been wonderful and enhance the club’s reputation but I fear more have sullied it, from singing 7 minutes into our first home match back in European competition against St Joseph’s despite Dave King’s warning and pleading for it not to happen before kick-off leading to UEFA imposing a stand section closure, the first of is it 2 or 3 I forgot, to multiple UEFA fines that drain much needed finance to pushing other supporters out of their seats at away games just because they decide they want them.
In what way is Robertson responsible for lack of communication from the SLO? Do you know something or are you surmising?

Let’s start with transfer dealings. Would anyone really have advocated selling Morelos in 2019 when Gerrard was asking for a new contract and wage increase for him, or trying to sell him in 20 during COVID lockdown and before before 55? Surely not. In 21 Gerrard demanded none of his players be sold, the board acceded to that demand. In 22 he was injured while away on International duty and out for months. Would anyone have bought him? Obviously not. And that’s before we even consider that no-one can make a player move if he doesn’t want to. Somehow though it has become legend among many on here that players can be strong armed into moving somewhere just because their present club wants them to.
Kent was bought in 2019 for a (for us in our financial position) very substantial fee. Kent was the epitome of ’front end loading’ so let’s please agree he wasn’t being sold before 55 was achieved in 21, and Gerrard‘s demand that neither he nor any of his squad mates be sold. Last summer had there been decent offers perhaps from the Bundesliga following his EL performances. I don’t recall hearing of any from there or any from the EPL or EFL. So we had a player whose write down value in the books was by then les than £2m. So do we keep him or try to sell him for, say, £3m with the likelihood that his agent would be looking for a major share of that, possibly the balance of his contract, say £1.5 to £2m. So do we keep him or try to move him on for not very much? Decision was to keep. Whether right of wrong a decision on these things has to be made and stuck to. Who knows perhaps there’s another Goldson new contract on the way, which will have another mob screaming that we should have let him go.

Robertson is to blame for the lack of transparency. I have never been involved with a company who were willing to have their information available to all and sundry.
Bisgrove’s job is to find income streams. He found one and properly put it to the decision makers via the MD. The MD did the correct thing also. Personally I didn’t agree with playing them down under but in taking that view I’ll understand if someone says ‘Aye we would have been able to afford the transfers of another Raskin and another Cantwell but the support didn’t want the £3m we would have earned playing the scum in Sydney. As I said judgements have to be taken decisions made and then the outcomes lived with. If we end up short of new players that will have played a part in that outcome.
Anything to do with the UBS is essentially toxic to the club and I believe the board do not want them becoming any more like than their cross city contemporaries. Many of the UBs displays have been wonderful and enhance the club’s reputation but I fear more have sullied it, from singing 7 minutes into our first home match back in European competition against St Joseph’s despite Dave King’s warning and pleading for it not to happen before kick-off leading to UEFA imposing a stand section closure, the first of is it 2 or 3 I forgot, to multiple UEFA fines that drain much needed finance to pushing other supporters out of their seats at away games just because they decide they want them.
In what way is Robertson responsible for lack of communication from the SLO? Do you know something or are you surmising?
There is no way anyone at Rangers thought the fans would've been on board playing Celtic in a friendly billed as Angie's homecoming and if they did think that they should be sacked immediately.

As for Gerrard demanding no player is sold regardless of bids is ludicrous especially in our current financial predicament, surely you can't expect fans to believe this rubbish. If the board even considered going along with that then it makes them look even worse than they do at the moment.

Wow. Some amount of sh1te from that bloke about Wilson. "We could make money on this squad tomorrow". What unbelievable delusion.
That's what you take from all that?!

What I take from it is that he's warning that any protest is a protest against the investors too, intended or not, and we need to think where it all ends

There is no way anyone at Rangers thought the fans would've been on board playing Celtic in a friendly billed as Angie's homecoming and if they did think that they should be sacked immediately.

As for Gerrard demanding no player is sold regardless of bids is ludicrous especially in our current financial predicament, surely you can't expect fans to believe this rubbish. If the board even considered going along with that then it makes them look even worse than they do at the moment.
See this ‘they should have been sacked immediately’ patter it’s really wearing. Everything should be on the table until it’s ruled out by the appropriate decision making authority. Bisgrove and Robertson are not the appropriate decision making authority. ‘Yes chairman we had an offer to earn £3m clear but decided the support wouldn’t like it so didn’t make you aware of it and yes that’s a major reason why the Director of Football is a couple of million short to buy those other two players the manager wants’. Mea culpa.

Gerrard’s demand that no one be sold after 55 has been widely reported and not, until you, to the best of my knowledge been refuted by anyone. There is a caveat that in the close season after 55 we were still very much in COVID and there were very few lower, in EPL value terms, transfers that summer. Had a mega offer been received perhaps the board would have decided otherwise, but we’ll never know.

Look at how many people held it up.

Clever from the UB, no one can say It's just them now.

Regardless of the opinion of randoms on here, definitely the same folk that were crying when UB had a 'fck off Mike Ashley' banner.

Last edited:
Robertson’s job is also to deliver on the strategic projects which the club is undertaking, such as NEH, player trading and improving facilities for disabled fans.

One was a year late and over budget with little to no explanation from the club, another was talked about for years with it only starting last summer and the third only seems to get mentioned around the AGM, with little progress seemingly being made year on year (although that seems to have changed recently). If nothing else, it shows a lack of communication and engagement with the supporters.

Wilson’s main success is Bassey. Apart from that, can we really give him credit for spending money on players who can’t get into the team or for the coaching staff achieving on field success using a team made up of his predecessor’s signings?
Bassey was discovered by S Gerrard when he watching him playing in under 21 ?v us

So are the UB saying that Wilson and Robertson are solely responsible for our non success(mostly)? Also are they responsible for poor signings? Did our manager(s) not have a say in signings?
The last 2 signings seemed to be deemed good by everyone.
Next it will be the board, who saved us and have ploughed in £M’s.

So are the UB saying that Wilson and Robertson are solely responsible for our non success(mostly)? Also are they responsible for poor signings? Did our manager(s) not have a say in signings?
The hit rate since Wilson came in has been scandalous on signings.

Yea Wilson might be restricted budget wise etc that part falls on board either that is an issue is a different discussion.

However scouting, medical, sports science all fall under Wilson.... these have all being replaced and reorganised under Wilson..... injuries happen its a contract sport the number of injuries we have had and the length of time the players are out suggests theirs issues in the medical dept.

Managers having a day off course they do

Do you want players a,player b or no player after coming back with the players Wilson team have found.

No manager choses no player when squad is decimated with injuries so technically the manager is choosing but maybe not what he wants.

For record I think Cantwell/Raskin are players Beale has brought to the table........ he's spoke about raskin bein on radar when he was here previously.

Robertson is more difficult

The biggest issue he seems to be is engagement and communication is poor with fans again I think he's limited in what he can do as to much influence is coming from the parks.

Now I don't think the board have to go or sell up but I do think they need fresh ideas either through non exec directors who look at things objectively or fresh investment.

I think the parks have to much influence on the board for the level of investment 2 votes basically when others with similar levels of investment.

Ok, using this attitude then, no fan should ever turn on a manager and ask for them to be sacked?
Same premise at play surely?

Asking for a manager to be sacked is totally different to the mob calls for 2 directors to go - when most of the folk holding posters up won’t have a clue what the performance measures are that Robertson and Wilson are working to.

Asking for a manager to be sacked is totally different to the mob calls for 2 directors to go - when most of the folk holding posters up won’t have a clue what the performance measures are that Robertson and Wilson are working to.
People have already cited reasons for both. I’d say the case against Wilson is much more tangible as you can see issues with player trading/running down of contracts/issues with the medical department. Also, people will go back to his Q&A at the AGM and will highlight he talks a good game but nothing of the sort

Robertson there’s multiple issues that have been mentioned.

Michael Beale is on record as recently as during the January transfer window saying that when he worked under Steven Gerrard no player was foisted on them Gerrard/Beale et al and they chose the first team players. GVB said that he and his coaching team picked the players. Beale spoke publicly and often about wanting Cantwell and Raskin. Those three managers, Gerrard, van Bronkhurst and Beale, have chosen all the first team players signed during Wilson’s tenure.

This information from the 3 managers doesn’t suit the agenda of some of course.
Undoubtedly all 3 would prefer to choose better players but the available budget, the players who are willing to come to the backwater that is the Scottish Premiership, the players that the manager wants along with other factors obviously affect who we can attract.

Add on the latest demand from many supporters that we should discount any notion of signing players who have an injury record and the available player pool becomes very much smaller. Thankfully we didn’t do that during the early nineties otherwise we would never have signed Gascoine or Laudrup both of whom had previously had serious knee injuries.

Can only deal in facts not what might have been and the reality is we are one defeat away from that mob winning five trebles under this board plus five trophyless seasons in seven years under them. If we do beat them in the SC it still doesn't change the monumental task we have in the summer and next season going forward as we start off as underdogs again with them having a guaranteed £25m+ from the UCL.

I'm not sure how long we can coast off winning one league title in 12 years either. The blunt reality is we are two seasons away from from going from the most successful team in the world to second best team in Scotland.
As much as this will sicken me if it happens, I’d suggest it’s a bit unfair to blame this board for it.
The scum must have won about fifteen trophies between 2012/13 and 21/22.
How many were their fault, how many were under this boards watch?

In what universe does it cost £50m to replace Robertson and Wilson? Which is what they're campaigning for?
Okay, how much is it then?
If it isn’t £50m, is it only £10m?
Is there anybody out there willing to spend this money to replace these two?
I don’t actually understand this whole point.

Wilson. The issue most of the support has is that everyone THINKS he signs the players. The reality is that nobody actually KNOWS how involved he is. He oversees the Scouting network and manages the first team administration, but as for signings, I think that falls solely to the management team, but again we don't know.

Robertson. Been here 7 years or so. Oversaw 55 or Operation Stop10. Oversaw Europa League Final. Oversaw UCL group stage. Record turnover. NEH. Blue Sky Lounge, etc .
Failing? Australia? Wouldn't say that's down to him. A lack of communication? Definitely, but what's to communicate? He's employed by the board and therefore he's held to a different standard. He will no doubt be the sacrifice.

I can't take anyone seriously if they think Wilson and Robertson are doing a good job.

We won the league by 25 points less than 2 years ago, reached a EL final and then CL group stages, yet this summer we have a squad rebuild beyond belief with next to %^*& all money to achieve it, largely thanks to those two.

People have already cited reasons for both. I’d say the case against Wilson is much more tangible as you can see issues with player trading/running down of contracts/issues with the medical department. Also, people will go back to his Q&A at the AGM and will highlight he talks a good game but nothing of the sort

Robertson there’s multiple issues that have been mentioned.

Yes - but it’s FIFA playing armchair experts making these cases based on success matrices that they would like to see, not necessarily those actually in place.

Virtually none of us actually have a clue what the board have tasked them to achieve and how they have performed against those objectives.

Pull the accounts and see if either have been paid a bonus - if so it’s a fair bet they are doing ok v their actual objectives.

Wilson. The issue most of the support has is that everyone THINKS he signs the players. The reality is that nobody actually KNOWS how involved he is. He oversees the Scouting network and manages the first team administration, but as for signings, I think that falls solely to the management team, but again we don't know.

Robertson. Been here 7 years or so. Oversaw 55 or Operation Stop10. Oversaw Europa League Final. Oversaw UCL group stage. Record turnover. NEH. Blue Sky Lounge, etc .
Failing? Australia? Wouldn't say that's down to him. A lack of communication? Definitely, but what's to communicate? He's employed by the board and therefore he's held to a different standard. He will no doubt be the sacrifice.

Very sensible and accurate post.

No idea what you’re doing on here mate!

As much as this will sicken me if it happens, I’d suggest it’s a bit unfair to blame this board for it.
The scum must have won about fifteen trophies between 2012/13 and 21/22.
How many were their fault, how many were under this boards watch?

All of the trebles they've won have been since 2015. Can cut the board some slack in the early years due to rebuilding but still them potentially winning five trebles under this boards watch is a woeful record considering that mob had only won three in the previous 120 years.

Last edited:
All of the trebles they've won have been since 2015. Can cut the board some slack in the early years due to rebuilding but still them potentially winning five trebles under this boards watch is a woeful record considering that mob had only won three in the previous 120 years.
Yes, and the changeover in 2015 meant that everything was back to pre-admin levels, there was no stadium maintenance required, Celtic hadn’t built up a cash reserve so we were on a level playing field.

Yes, and the changeover in 2015 meant that everything was back to pre-admin levels, there was no stadium maintenance required, Celtic hadn’t built up a cash reserve so we were on a level playing field.

I already said in that post that I cut them slack over the first few years but in the here and now allowing that mob to potentially win another treble and more or less wrap up the league by October/November is dreadful.

If you think that's acceptable then that's your opinion.

I already said in that post that I cut them slack over the first few years but in the here and now allowing that mob to potentially win another treble and more or less wrap up the league by October/November is dreadful.

Is your concern about Rangers or about the scum because you seem more concerned about what they did when we were not viable competition to win the top league, the league cup or the Scottish cup. And quite frankly our inability to beat the scum at Hampden in 2019 or St Johnstone or St Mirren the following season were what gave them a free run to trebles, all due to Gerrard rather than Robertson or Wilson.

This “not acceptable” line always makes me laugh.
Okay, don’t accept it.
What can you actually do about it.
There are no sugar daddy’s out there willing to throw a couple of zillion our way.
As for allowing that mob a free run, yes, it hurts but we are not on a level playing field yet.
FFP, or whatever it’s called, is curtailing our spending just now, even if we had the money and the will, to do so.
I don’t like what I’m posting and it’s just my interpretation of our current state of affairs.

This “not acceptable” line always makes me laugh.
Okay, don’t accept it.
What can you actually do about it.
There are no sugar daddy’s out there willing to throw a couple of zillion our way.
As for allowing that mob a free run, yes, it hurts but we are not on a level playing field yet.
FFP, or whatever it’s called, is curtailing our spending just now, even if we had the money and the will, to do so.
I don’t like what I’m posting and it’s just my interpretation of our current state of affairs.

The line about "no billionaires" waiting to take over always gets trouted out. Fans protesting aren't calling for that at all just sensible changes.

If the excuse is that we can't compete with Celtic because of money then why did Aberdeen finish above us twice? Why have St Johnstone won more Scottish/league cups than us since 2015? Two clubs who we are light years ahead of in every metric available even going back to season 15/16/17 etc.

The line about "no billionaires" waiting to take over always gets trouted out. Fans protesting aren't calling for that at all just sensible changes.

If the excuse is that we can't compete with Celtic because of money then why did Aberdeen finish above us twice? Why have St Johnstone won more Scottish/league cups than us since 2015? Two clubs who we are light years ahead of in every metric available even going back to season 15/16/17 etc.
Aberdeen finishing above us was out first two seasons.
We were still growing into the league again.
The St.Johnstone comparison is beyond stupid.
Two bad nights in the whole season and it just happened to be the same team who got the trophies.
We’ve been, financially, light years ahead of very team in Scotland for a lot longer than the last few years, bar admin.
We didn’t win every trophy back then either.
We did win most of the leagues though, where the value of your players tends to be a major help.
As opposed to one-off cup games where anybody can fluke a result against anybody.

Is your concern about Rangers or about the scum because you seem more concerned about what they did when we were not viable competition to win the top league, the league cup or the Scottish cup. And quite frankly our inability to beat the scum at Hampden in 2019 or St Johnstone or St Mirren the following season were what gave them a free run to trebles, all due to Gerrard rather than Robertson or Wilson.

How were we not viable competition to win the Scottish cup when we beat them in the semi final of that competition in 2016?

Perhaps you can pin the blame solely on managers and just ignore everything else at the club but how many do gaffers do you blame for failure before change happens? We've had seven and counting in the dugout since this board took over.

Aberdeen finishing above us was out first two seasons.
We were still growing into the league again.
The St.Johnstone comparison is beyond stupid.
Two bad nights in the whole season and it just happened to be the same team who got the trophies.
We’ve been, financially, light years ahead of very team in Scotland for a lot longer than the last few years, bar admin.
We didn’t win every trophy back then either.
We did win most of the leagues though, where the value of your players tends to be a major help.
As opposed to one-off cup games where anybody can fluke a result against anybody.

Final thoughts on this but it's not just one or two fluke results in cup competitions but several and all to clubs with much lower wage bills and transfer spending than Rangers.

Hibs, Aberdeen X2, St Johnstone, Motherwell and St Mirren just off the top of my head.

We've also beaten teams in Europe with wage bills miles in advance of what we have so that in some way proves money isn't the only issue here.

Back