Time for cool heads and untwisting of knickers.

I agree with your sentiment but you can’t tell people not to be upset. We were garbage and some people need to vent and often FF is all they have.

Yes, they might be over reacting but you should not tell people how they should feel. It’s up to them how they react and follow their team. No need to accuse fellow bears of panty wetting FFS

Says me obviously.

Tell you what - We'll see where Hearts are in a month's time mate - but if you think after 3 away games (including trips to us and the filth) and games against the Sheep and Hibs - that Hearts will be further out infront, I'm quite confident in predicting you'll be very wrong about that.

You may very well be correct but who put them top on 19 points at the start of the season?

If we play like we did today, there's every chance they come to Ibrox and beat us, with the tramps in a slight crisis too theres every chance they can go to the paedo dome and win there too.

It's not a case of Hearts have a tough run of games they'll drop points for sure.

Beat Hearts next week and we will be winning the league again in the eyes of so many fans who today think our seasons over. A poor performance today it was but we need to realise this is still early days for team and management and will make mistakes. No need to panic.
This is the point.

Beatig dundee and at johstone well and we were bringing home 55.

Losing today, thats it, we are shit (we were shit but thats by the by)

Shit happens. We didnt win 55 last week, we didnt lose it this week.

Hearts wont win the league, us or the filth will. We are 2 points off the filth.

Sure, Europa, sending off etc certainly haven't helped. But at times you just run out of excuses. I still have no idea if these are legitimate excuses, or just excuses.

There aren’t any excuses today. Look at the game in isolation, it was awful. Look at the last three months as a whole, we’re a vastly better side. If we apply the same logic today, to last week, then we’re world beaters.

People need to look at the bigger picture and we’re undoubtedly moving forward.

In short.

Hearts WON'T win the league. Either us or the Scum will.

We have started poorly yet find ourselves just 2 points behind them.

Today was disappointing and fans have the right to vent, I get that. But the over reaction is an embarrassment.

The only thing to take out of that game and previous away defeats is we learn from them, and fast.
I think with c****c having a poor start I think we got carried away how good we think we are. And I include myself in that..
A lot of hard work ahead of us before we talk about 55.

You may very well be correct but who put them top on 19 points at the start of the season?

If we play like we did today, there's every chance they come to Ibrox and beat us, with the tramps in a slight crisis too theres every chance they can go to the paedo dome and win there too.

It's not a case of Hearts have a tough run of games they'll drop points for sure.

All the evidence so far suggests we won't.

We've won every game we've played at home so far this season bar Osijek when 1-1 on the night was enough to take us through.

Everyone's pissed off about today, it wasn't acceptable but (as always) the reaction is over the top. Let's just make sure we beat Hearts next Sunday.

Probably about right at this moment in time .

Gerrard will get it right , in my opinion, but he needs to learn fast .

As most have said , probably another couple of transfer windows required before we are anything like what we want to be .

I think it is a case of playing teams that are more physical than technical. We have failed all tests against the physical and had success against the technical. We still are not physically strong enough to compete against both. This is why our results are erratic and we are doing well in Europe. Nothing more complicated than this. When we get the physical sorted we will be more consistent and win more games, simples.

Today was howling but:

- We more than deserved all 3 points at the Sheep after having to play with 10 for 70 odd minutes and would have got them were it not for the last minute goal.
- We weren't great at Motherwell but again a last minute goal cost us.
- We were rubbish at the peadodome but we had just came back from the arse end of Russia after having to play with 9.

2 out of 12 looks horrendous but put it in context.

Also worth pointing out:

- We won away at Kilmarnock in the league cup
- We've played 5 away games in Europe and not lost one.

So whilst I acknowledge we (obviously) need to start picking up more points in away League games I don't subscribe to this narrative we're shite away from home.

We didn’t deserve more in those games because a game lasts 90 minutes and we failed to defend our box.
This has been compounded by the manager changing his formation for away games and trying to shoehorn Lafferty in.
There is also the issue of Morelos always a howler when the team isn’t playing well, he never digs us out of a hole.
We have 2 from 12 away and are 6th, if Hearts beat us we are 11 points behind them.

That is shockingly bad and our results are no better points wise than what Pedro got at the same stage.

The manager is responsible.

We get this pish from someone everytime there is a bad result.
The fact is there are too many displays like today hence too many posts about cool heads etc.

Today was howling but:

- We more than deserved all 3 points at the Sheep after having to play with 10 for 70 odd minutes and would have got them were it not for the last minute goal.
- We weren't great at Motherwell but again a last minute goal cost us.
- We were rubbish at the peadodome but we had just came back from the arse end of Russia after having to play with 9.

2 out of 12 looks horrendous but put it in context.

Also worth pointing out:

- We won away at Kilmarnock in the league cup
- We've played 5 away games in Europe and not lost one.

So whilst I acknowledge we (obviously) need to start picking up more points in away League games I don't subscribe to this narrative we're shite away from home.

Shhhhhhh, stop talking sense, there's pitchforks to sharpen and torches to light.

Yes, they might be over reacting but you should not tell people how they should feel. It’s up to them how they react and follow their team. No need to accuse fellow bears of panty wetting FFS

Why not? That's exactly what it is.

Last week its 55 and Euro dreams, now its a disaster scene and all of a sudden the same players being held up in glory last week are not good enough to cut it.

We had a shockers and paid with defeat, simple as, that's football. The mass hysteria, shaking of fists at the sky and panic is way over the top. People need to calm the hell down.

As most have said , probably another couple of transfer windows required before we are anything like what we want to be .
Sensible view. Not good enough yet but improving. We will get it right but we are still a way off and I am disappointed but realistic after today.

Last week its 55 and Euro dreams, now its a disaster scene and all of a sudden the same players being held up in glory last week are not good enough to cut it.

We had a shockers and paid with defeat, simple as, that's football. The mass hysteria, shaking of fists at the sky and panic is way over the top. People need to calm the hell down.
Just realistic mate.

How dare yoy see sense.

This is another false dawn a disgrace, humiliation, gerard should be away if it werent for europa, players all sorts if stuff.

The players shat it and i dont doubt gerrard will sort it. Squad in buts and pieces has been together 4 months. People forget this.

FFS we have just lost to Livingstone, a championship side last season who, I would imagine, have NOT spent £M's on new players along with highly rated loanees from England.

No one is saying SG has to go, etc but surely we have a right to ask quetions of todays performance, which for me, was as poor a performance as I can remember outside of the embarrassing OF performances of the last 2 seasons - not one player was worthy of pass marks.

Just realistic mate.

It is not though is it? Its being unrealistic.

Anyone who thought we could throw together a team, in a few months, capable of competing here and in Europe with a manager in his first job. And do it without bumps like today are being totally unrealistic.

Why not? Because people are allowed to be upset over the abject guff that was today. Yes we have been good this season but our league form is terrible. We haven't won away from home since February.

Football leagues are won and lost over a season. We're now almost 1/5th through the season and we've won 3 games. People are right to be annoyed with the league form, you can't tell people how they should feel. Regardless of whether you think they are over reacting or not.

Why not? Because people are allowed to be upset over the abject guff that was today. Yes we have been good this season but our league form is terrible. We haven't won away from home since February.

Football leagues are won and lost over a season. We're now almost 1/5th through the season and we've won 3 games. People are right to be annoyed with the league form, you can't tell people how they should feel. Regardless of whether you think they are over reacting or not.

Upset is fine, being annoyed is fine, do you think I am happy at the way we played?

But this constant extreme to extreme, is a joke. The same people big players and SG up one week then the next week its the depth of despair.

Football leagues are won and lost over a season
Exactly right, and you know what? We have won the league by having a shocking start before and it will happen again.

This total and utter over reaction one week followed by delirium the next, people need to realise this is football and defeats and shocking performances happen. We deal with it and move on instead of behaving like Mummy never said no.

when are we allowed to be annoyed? let me know. If we get beat by Hearts are we allowed to be annoyed.

Can still be annoyed at things even when we win, occasionally I admittedly am. It's far worse and semi understandable when we lose. Nothing wrong with that either. However, the point of the thread, as I have read it, is that Gerrard, morelos, arfield, coulibaly, tav, barisic etc (main targets on other threads today) aren't suddenly hopeless (classic panty wetter / non rangers supporters suggestion - two distinct groups btw) because they didn't turn up against Livingston. I agree, previous performances suggest otherwise.

Keep calm, let them continue to gel, support them and see where we go. I guarantee we won't be anywhere near as poor as today in our next two games which are against a higher class of opponent. Results and performances like today happen, especially with teams with 15 new additions and a new manager within one window. It's classic FF overreaction to a defeat whereby not one single player is good enough and that is panty wetting, plain and simple.

The most sensible post today.I was lambasted for saying the same a few weeks ago.It is people's desperate and unreasonable expectations that are causing the reactions we are witnessing on here.It will take a bit of filtering the squad over the next 2-3 windows before we are ready to challenge imo

Nothing quite like a Rangers defeat brings out the end of the world brigade. A sore one yes, a disaster, NO.

I was in the pub pre-match last Sunday when the place erupted when Celtic got beat. We then went on to produce a terrific performance and we skipped out of Ibrox. Today and this weekend, the reverse has happened.

But it's still early and we are not adrift. We cannot panic. The progress we have made under Gerrards stewardship cannot be understated. Him and the players need our continued support. Sucker punches happen. Motherwell and Aberdeen were sickeners. Today was a case of the team not turning up. All of them.

As the manager says, we deserved all we got today which was nothing. He has faced up to it and will acknowledge his team selection for this fixture was wrong. Was perhaps a day for the likes of Halliday and McCrorie.

Step back and realise we are only 2 points behind the Vermin after winning 3 of 7. We have Hearts at Ibrox coming up in a must win game. And we have Rapid Vienna visiting Ibrox on Thursday. In a Europa league GROUP match. Think about that and chill the fuck out.

Thank fu ck the post of the day

We were never going to overcome the absolute shambles we were last season in a single transfer window. Saying that, we aren't as good as some fans think we are (especially after beating bottom feeder teams by 4 or 5 goals at Ibrox).

Hearts have changed as many players from start of season as we have. yet they have kept their strongest team each league game you cant keep making 3-4 changes each game especially at CH. Katic has been the best CH consitantly Goldson has been poor last 3 games yet we are chopping and changing, a settled team wins games not changing formation away from home motherwell and today

We didn’t deserve more in those games because a game lasts 90 minutes and we failed to defend our box.
This has been compounded by the manager changing his formation for away games and trying to shoehorn Lafferty in.
There is also the issue of Morelos always a howler when the team isn’t playing well, he never digs us out of a hole.
We have 2 from 12 away and are 6th, if Hearts beat us we are 11 points behind them.

That is shockingly bad and our results are no better points wise than what Pedro got at the same stage.

The manager is responsible.

The manager is also responsible for guiding us to the Group Stage of the Europa League - something way beyond our expectations at the start of the season.

The manager is also responsible for guiding us to the Group Stage of the Europa League - something way beyond our expectations at the start of the season.
I agree great achievement to get there and he got the deserved praise. But we have had 4 away game getting 2 points. League is priority not europe we enjoy it but we wont win it. League needs to be primary focus

Nothing quite like a Rangers defeat brings out the end of the world brigade. A sore one yes, a disaster, NO.

I was in the pub pre-match last Sunday when the place erupted when Celtic got beat. We then went on to produce a terrific performance and we skipped out of Ibrox. Today and this weekend, the reverse has happened.

But it's still early and we are not adrift. We cannot panic. The progress we have made under Gerrards stewardship cannot be understated. Him and the players need our continued support. Sucker punches happen. Motherwell and Aberdeen were sickeners. Today was a case of the team not turning up. All of them.

As the manager says, we deserved all we got today which was nothing. He has faced up to it and will acknowledge his team selection for this fixture was wrong. Was perhaps a day for the likes of Halliday and McCrorie.

Step back and realise we are only 2 points behind the Vermin after winning 3 of 7. We have Hearts at Ibrox coming up in a must win game. And we have Rapid Vienna visiting Ibrox on Thursday. In a Europa league GROUP match. Think about that and chill the fuck out.

I agree, it was the same last week after we went ONE point ahead of them.

The lunacy at both ends of the spectrum is always quite amusing.

Like most on here I can take a defeat,hell we've had enough of them over the last few years but it's the manner of the defeat,the way we played.When our gaffer says we could have played for another hour without scoring then you know something's fundamentally wrong.

Far too sensible a post - have a cyber pint on me

While it’s way too early to concede the league title it is very concerning that today was the sort of performance and result we produce when the momentum is with us.

Now I’m not sure if that is actually concerning or if I’m just being pant wettingly hysterical?

All the evidence so far suggests we won't.

We've won every game we've played at home so far this season bar Osijek when 1-1 on the night was enough to take us through.

Everyone's pissed off about today, it wasn't acceptable but (as always) the reaction is over the top. Let's just make sure we beat Hearts next Sunday.

What are we going to do about the away form ?

I'm in an absolutely fuc*king foul mood. I can't get the game out of my head. I've started drinking to try to escape this mood.

One minute I'm saying it's one bad result. It's better happening now than in the run in, if we're in with a shout of winning the league. I'm saying Rangers are slow starters. We're a winter club. We'll string nine or ten wins on the trot. The word panic is not in our vocabulary. We're doing well in Europe.

Then I'm thinking maybe all these clowns in the press are right. It's hype. We've beaten Balkan clubs and an unknown Russian club. We were horsed at Celtic Park, horsed in Villarreal and got away with it. Motherwell ran all over us. We were horrendous today.

Then I'm going back to trying to calm down.

Then I'm off again thinking the worst thought of all.

All teams can have off days/bad days even last 2 weeks Barcelona have messed up.

A result on Thursday (hopefully) can fire us up for the visit of Hearts and with Ibrox being our happy hunting ground for now bring them on.

We Welcome The Chase

Yes.

We are in must win territory v Hearts.

But not now. We played shite and were bullied. It happens.

Without being a "panty wetter" how can it not be a crisis today but we are in "must win" territory?

If we don't win next week does that mean its no longer panty wetting to make observations?

We all want to win and we all want to stop the beasts, when we have done well there has been great praise so people are entitled to have a negative view as well when this stuff happens , that's why the forum has been going for as long as it has, people used to offer up a difference of opinion and you would get a bit of a debate , it seems to be changing over the entire board that of you don't agree that all is well you're hysterical etc

People come here to express an opinion and open discussion but that's noe being shouted down and I think that's a bit sad.

I think Gerrard has done great for us in Europe but so did le guen, his signings have been good in the main and I like what he has done but I still have the right to point out that this is not really on and that I'm concerned about the away form .

We should be climbing above Celtic and taking advantage of their poor form , there's a long way to go but they have the ability to spend big in January we will be restricted, that's why there's concern, we need to rack up as many points as we can before January in the event they spend big - which is a possibility.

We are adrift, we are miles behind Hearts. The pressure is on to win next week. Away games are naturally harder so we must play our best players.

The bheggars have lost 2, drawn 2 and won 4 - they have had a poor start to the season and we've been pissing ourselves at them yet they are still two ahead of us.

They find any sort of form and consistency and they leave us behind.

Making up 8 points on Hearts won't be as easy as some think and Hibs will be relatively consistent over the course of the season.

The bheggars have lost 2, drawn 2 and won 4 - they have had a poor start to the season and we've been pissing ourselves at them yet they are still two ahead of us.

They find any sort of form and consistency and they leave us behind.

Making up 8 points on Hearts won't be as easy as some think and Hibs will be relatively consistent over the course of the season.

Never has a username been less appropriate

I feel there will be more ups and downs this season, both for us and the tims. There is every possibility that the title race will go down to the wire.europa league involment is going to lmpact our league form,its a case of getting the balance right. The team selection yesterday was wrong,the manager will know this.we will get back on track on sundayi am sure.its a marathon not a sprint.​

I'd really hate to be around whenever some of the big tarts on here ever have a real crisis in their lives to deal with. :)
Shower of spolit brats couldn't handle it.

Back