Time for Dave King to depart Rangers

King doesn't want to be there he said at that at start. Fans more or less wiled him in. It's all right to get them all out but who replaces them. They were the only once to put there hand up.
Who do we get with money to take over. Any suggestions.

He can only go if there is a viable alternative.

That’s the big problem.

All very well asking him to step aside but if there is no cnt ready to step forward and grab the reins?
Mate, I’ve asked this question numerous times to people ranting get him out. Not one person has come back with a coherent answer.

Mate, I’ve asked this question numerous times to people ranting get him out. Not one person has come back with a coherent answer.
Exactly. It’s born out of frustration because things aren’t going well on the pitch. His, and the boards main mistake was appointing the wrong guy in Pedro. They certainly backed him with decent cash in the summer, all funded by them.
There is nobody waiting in the wings with bundles of cash to throw around. King may be far from perfect but he is the best we have right now.

There are a lot of factors at work against DK, under performing players and management which includes SR, haters stirring things, inept and corrupt SFA, SPFL and referees, hateful media presenters and bigots within Scottish MSM.

Yes sometimes he says things you cringe at.

He was reported by that fat slug Sommers FFS. A cuhnt.

I want him to stay but I want the board to be functioning properly but there seems to be questions about them all agreeing to things and letting people get on with their jobs.

Some of the board might have to step down and so might DK

I will always be entirely grateful to him. He had the balls to take on the spivs and the fat man
This 100%, one of the bad things about Rangers supporters is they have very short memories

There are a lot of factors at work against DK, under performing players and management which includes SR, haters stirring things, inept and corrupt SFA, SPFL and referees, hateful media presenters and bigots within Scottish MSM.

I want him to stay but I want the board to be functioning properly but there seems to be questions about them all agreeing to things and letting people get on with their jobs.

I will always be entirely grateful to him. He had the balls to take on the spivs and the fat man

Great post and one that a large amount of supporters who go week in week out will agree with.

This has to be the most accurate, honest and realistic view I have read.
It should be the post that slams the door on this thread and nails it shut.

Well said mate

For me the far bigger problem is Stewart Robertson, he’s the guy running the club and is making an apalling arse of it. King being an absent leader definitely doesn’t help but if we had someone competent doing the day to day stuff I don’t think it would be as big a deal.
Kings a control freak! Robertson is there to take orders although the fact he is completely out of his depth in the job doesn’t help. The club need to hire a strong character who has the power to run the day to day business without having to ask permission from a Chairman who prefers to live abroad.

Firstly, King is funding Rangers, therefore the priority must be the financial well-being of the club and that means King must stay. No one else is offering up the same level of money King is to keep the lights on. Questions can of course be asked why that is of the other PLC directors.

Secondly, his tenure as chairman is an absent one, it isn’t ideal when we’d prefer a very visible front line man there. Nonetheless that isn’t what we have, it’s probably not King’s personality and I’ve come to accept that.

He is however a Rottweiler off the park and will fight to the end for Rangers to ensure the heinous events of the past few years that have been inflicted on the club by the Spivs are addressed.

Everything after that is can be placed in the ‘ideal world category’ of importance even though to us as fans it is the bread and butter on a week to week basis.

I.e a proper football manager, a proper MD, and a proper football team, robustly defending the club, transparency with fans, challenging the football authorities, a productive media strategy etc.

I’m as sick of it all as the average fan is but wanting King out is an extremely dangerous road to champion. I don’t believe at this time that is what is best for the club - it clearly isn’t in pure economics - and I for one want him to stay.

He can only go if there is a viable alternative.

That’s the big problem.

All very well asking him to step aside but if there is no cnt ready to step forward and grab the reins?
Congratulations bud.
There has to be a willing alternative to King.
Then we’ll need to hope he’s no Whyte, Green or Easdale!

The day I side with Matt the bhoy Lindsay over Dave King is the day I would chuck it.

I know Matt and he is anything but a “bhoy” he is an Inverness supporter.

King is the one that is keeping the club afloat at the moment with the loans and has personally vowed to do so until the season. It was always going to take time for the club to rebuild after all we have been through but none of them have came out the managerial situation with any credit. Unless there is someone in the background that we don’t know about with loads of money then King has to stay in control.

The MD runs the club. We pay, according to a previous post, our MD £280 000. The tims pay liewell £1 000 000.

The manager is probably paid less than £1 000 000 pa. The tims pay brenda £3 000 000 pa.

You get what you pay for. If we want to catch them we have to pay the going rate for the quality needed in the two most important jobs at the club.

I've always been uncomfortable about King and his dealings. I completely appreciate what he and others did to get rid of the scum we had in charge before, but we need people in charge who are free from any insinuation of dodgy dealings as we've had enough of them for the past 20 years. We should never have been in the position that Murray had us in with EBTs that led us to where we are now.

I know Matt and he is anything but a “bhoy” he is an Inverness supporter.

King is the one that is keeping the club afloat at the moment with the loans and has personally vowed to do so until the season. It was always going to take time for the club to rebuild after all we have been through but none of them have came out the managerial situation with any credit. Unless there is someone in the background that we don’t know about with loads of money then King has to stay in control.

Aye right you are.

Next you will be telling me Chic Young supports St Mirren and Dalziel is Motherwell fan.

For those who want him out - provide some names you believe would be willing to replace him?
Why do people keep saying things like this? It's not up to the every day fan to come up with replacement managers or chairmen.

You can't help feel that King saw himself as a Bunnet type figure when he looked at the situation from afar.
Come in from foreign shores, win the backing of the fans, impliment an effective business strategy, oust the old regime, construct a rebuild and then sail into the sunset with a handsome profit, a job well done and a legacy to be proud of.
Unfortunately, for a plethora of reasons, things simply haven't worked out the way he might have intended. He either needs to rip up the failed model and rewrite the strategy; dig even deeper then he already has; or step aside and let someone more able, work their magic.
Either way, the status quo is a runaway train, laiden with dynamite, heading for the buffers.

Whats your solution then? Because as far as I can see there's no one waiting in the wings to burn their cash for our hobby.

It is extremely simple; King does not need to be chairman, he does not need to run the club day to day, in order for him to provide loans. He can maintain his current shareholding, employ a ceo to protect his investment and he can then loan as much or as little as he wants. Having him as Chairman is very obviously not working for the club.

So circa 20 million all in. No small sum I agree, but not an eye-watering amount either in the bigger scheme of things.
They could find it though if need be. 20 million is nothing.
So what is this £20m then, a small but not eye watering amount or, as you say half an hour later, nothing? You need to make your mind up. And also keep in mind you want people to come along and do this for circa 15% of Rangers FC.

I assume, even though it is nothing in your opinion, you will not be putting up £20m for less than 1/6th of the Rangers?

I think everyone can see the Chairman's situation needs looked at, but you need to be realistic. Patronising crap does nothing for it.

For me the far bigger problem is Stewart Robertson, he’s the guy running the club and is making an apalling arse of it. King being an absent leader definitely doesn’t help but if we had someone competent doing the day to day stuff I don’t think it would be as big a deal.
Our two biggest issues are King and Robertson IMO. Whilst I appreciate the level of funding King has provided the club with, we lack leadership and I think he’s too distant and difficult to reach. We really need a more hands-on chairman.

As for Robertson, he’s just like the village idiot. The sooner he’s hunted out the door the better.

There's nothing stopping the Parks, Letham etc either buying him out themselves, or finding someone to do so. You're looking at around 13 million to replace King - 4 million or so to cover his original share purchase and the 9 million he's put in, in loans. On top of that, a further 7 million would need to be guaranteed over the next two years to satisfy the account auditors.

So circa 20 million all in. No small sum I agree, but not an eye-watering amount either in the bigger scheme of things.

Instead of money being invested in the Club, it's used to buy out King. And then what?

Another anti - King story by people who have no time for the man... To all those who are saying Dave King and the rest of the board should go ( despite keeping us afloat with soft loans) Who should we replace them with ?
All the posters bashing king don't have an answer. We don't need king replaced we need the guys running the day to day stuff replaced. People forget for all the wrong on the park the club is slowly stabilising again with all the small battles being won.
This was never going to be fixed overnight though we could be in a better placed if we had recruited better.

Exactly. It’s born out of frustration because things aren’t going well on the pitch. His, and the boards main mistake was appointing the wrong guy in Pedro. They certainly backed him with decent cash in the summer, all funded by them.
There is nobody waiting in the wings with bundles of cash to throw around. King may be far from perfect but he is the best we have right now.
There ain’t no sugar daddy...........nowhere.

I agree, it is not the Chairman's job to run the business on a day to day basis. Neither is it the job of the main shareholder.

It should be the managing director, or whatever he is called.

He was paid £280,000 last year. For what.
To be fair maybe if we were paying double that we would have the person we need however 280k for that position is buttons.

I seriously wish people with not a clue in the world would stop posting pish about winning the Euro millions or someone rich investing heavily in us.

Please read this and understand. We have had no facility for investment since King and the 3 bears etc got rid of the spivs. None of that has been any fault of theirs. We were delisted due to the incompetence of Whyte and Green etc.

Our board have since been trying to get the resolutions to be voted through to allow outside investment through share issues. The shareholders have been voting against this. So up until the last AGM the only source of income we have had Is Season ticket money, matchday money. The small sponsorships etc that don't bring in much.

We now have the Sports Direct situation sorted although the board members paid the £3million out their own pockets to allow this. We will be having to rely on more loans from King and the bears.

But more importantly we will be having a share issue now to bring investment. It won't be a lot as some of the loans will be converted to equity.

So my main issue is no matter how much money someone has or if you win the lottery, buying King out and repaying his loans takes say £20million, you then have the sha4e issue which brings only a few million, How else would anyone be able to just all of a sudden put money into a bank account that we can spend. It can't happen. It won't happen. The money we can use will have to come into the club by legal means to satisfy FFP.

So stop dreaming that someone with mega millions can change anything.

King either needs to a) move back to Scotland and be a full time chairman b) employ a proper footballing CEO who he trusts and empower them to actually run the club c) step down completely

We simply cannot carry on with this circus act

So what is this £20m then, a small but not eye watering amount or, as you say half an hour later, nothing? You need to make your mind up. And also keep in mind you want people to come along and do this for circa 15% of Rangers FC.

I assume, even though it is nothing in your opinion, you will not be putting up £20m for less than 1/6th of the Rangers?

I think everyone can see the Chairman's situation needs looked at, but you need to be realistic. Patronising crap does nothing for it.

20 million - 13 million back to King and 7 million required in pledges to satisfy the auditors.

My point was the same in both posts. 20 million isn't a huge sum for the board to raise or find (externally?) in the bigger scheme of things.

There's nothing patronising about it.

King either needs to a) move back to Scotland and be a full time chairman b) employ a proper footballing CEO who he trusts and empower them to actually run the club c) step down completely

IIRC, King can't move back due to his tax status. I'm sure he's subject to the 90 or 120 day rule.

Won't happen, from a previous interview earlier this year

“Let’s put it this way, if it was a condition of me being involved in Rangers that I had to relocate to Scotland, firstly I’d be single because my wife would divorce me as she certainly wouldn’t come here.

“The fact is if there was someone else who could have done it then they would have done it. But I had to do it and I’m not willing to become single!”

Dave King, via New Oasis Asset Limited has pledged to provide a further £7m in order to fund predicted losses between this season and next.

If he leaves do people expect him to still do that, and to convert his existing loans to equity.

Exactly this. Dave King, or more precisely the Board, needs to appoint the correct employees at the Club be that CEO, Manager, DOF or youth coach. Principal shareholder & Chairman is a combination that doesn`t work for us. Over at the filth I couldn`t even name their Chairman but their board have delegated responsibility to the fat Japanese and Brenda and let them get on with it. If is goes tits up then they replace them a la Delia.

Won't happen, from a previous interview earlier this year
So employ a trusted CEO who is empowered to run the club and who isn't a king puppet.

King was very clear with the spivs in that they had a directorial duty to run the club in the best interests of shareholders. He needs to take heed of his own words and advice because I would say he too is neglecting his. Part time leadership is of no use to us and appointing a youth coach to the position of manager at a club our size is sheer lunacy at best.

Our company accountant is a personal friend of Robertson, spoken to her a few times about him and he has admitted on several occasions that he doesn’t want the job he has at the club and although he is very much one of us he is fully aware he is out of his depth in the role he has. Make of that what you will.

Dave King, via New Oasis Asset Limited has pledged to provide a further £7m in order to fund predicted losses between this season and next.

If he leaves do people expect him to still do that, and to convert his existing loans to equity.
He is pissing that £7m down the drain via his own poor decision making. If I was putting in another £7m on top of what I had already I would want to make sure I got the best I could for my money. He needs to put the correct people in key positions and he is making a complete arse of doing so

Back