Time to bring back the lilac change strip?

Of all the quality away strips we've had why would anyone want to bring back this abomination?

The lilac strip was unpopular at the time and I can’t understand for the life of me what has promoted it to some kind of cult status now.
Other than Ebay pricing somehow promoting it as a rare item.

For the 150th anniversary season I’d love to see a predominately plain blue like in 1972, or the 2010/11 or 2012/13 season kits.

Not bothered about away kits really - I like the black ones but something in predominately white or red might be more appropriate for 2021/22 and 2022/23 seasons.
Wouldn’t it be innovative to have one kit across the two seasons while we are at it?

Last edited:
Definitely a no from me. I bought the one that came out years ago, wore it once , then gave it to my sister!! It was barking!

I’d really like a purple kit as our away or 3rd kit. Really liked Liverpool’s a season or so ago.

I like the lilac kit but I'd love a return of the navy blue/orange striped kit we wore in 93/94.
An updated version of the adidas orange and navy stripes before the lilac for me. Updated to included a darker navy and a brighter orange than the original version, and some slightly more sensible shorts and we're onto a winner
A remake of the Navy and Orange stripes was on the cards for this season, had we still been with Hummel.
I never saw them but the initial Hummel ideas/designs for all 3 kits for this season sounded quite good tbh.
Home was going to be similar to either, the 83/84 home blue with white pinstripes. Or the 01/02 Nike with red under the sleeves.
Away was all white, with red chevrons/details down one side of the top and shorts and blue chevrons/details down the other side.
And 3rd was Navy and orange stripes with navy shorts as socks.
Although apparently the club vetoed the Navy/Orange kit, as they didn’t want any orange kits this season. Obviously changed that stance with Castore’s Black/Orange 3rd kit.
Would have been interesting to have seen them.

Last edited:
Back