Time to engage with EUFA and FARE

Midfield General

Right now we are all pissed off and feeling victimised and I can sympathise with some of it.We are all running around blaming every body from the Union Bears,the board,Dave King And just about anybody connected to the Club and beyond.Our haters will be loving it.
Now is the time to come together and get behind the Club in the right way..
The way I see it the first thing the club should do is engage with EUFA and FARE,as much as it may stick in the throat,and highlight all the positive initiatives the Club has been taking,Everyone Anyone for example.Also the wide ranging charitable works the Club and the fans carry out.We need to change the image they have of us.
By doing this it may help head off any further sanctions that may already be in the pipeline.The next thing we should do is get the Union Bears into the Club and have some of our Club legends explain the damage these songs are causing.I know it's not all down to them but they are the main instigators of the chants and songs.
We can move on from there.I know I will be accused of being naive and not being staunch,I am neither,we need to choose when to fight and when to negotiate as this is a battle we will not win.
Time for us all to wise up and sing from the same hymn sheet,without the add ons.

This recent penalty - right / wrong, imbalanced, unfair or downright corrupt, is nevertheless a warning of worse to come - unless we play clever

If we ignore this & continue as if it hasn't happened - it will result in being hit with ever increasing & serious sanctions

That's reality

I said in an earlier post that I do not see the ditching of TBB - or revising the lyrics - significantly altering my matchday experience - neither does it in anyway compromise my identity or make me any less proud of our history

If I consider the alternatives - i.e. continue singing TBB - or risk multiple bans from competitions - I personally see the choice as a no-brainer

This recent penalty - right / wrong, imbalanced, unfair or downright corrupt, is nevertheless a warning of worse to come - unless we play clever

If we ignore this & continue as if it hasn't happened - it will result in being hit with ever increasing & serious sanctions

That's reality

I said in an earlier post that I do not see the ditching of TBB - or revising the lyrics - significantly altering my matchday experience - neither does it in anyway compromise my identity or make me any less proud of our history

If I consider the alternatives - i.e. continue singing TBB - or risk multiple bans from competitions - I personally see the choice as a no-brainer
Yes, but groups like FARE are targeting Rangers unfairly - the club and majority of the fans could do everything in power to do the right thing and FARE could still find a way to do us over. Which is clearly their ultimate focus. We need to ensure that FARE are also being kept under close monitor and absolutely hammered if found out to be singling out a single club.

Lets face it. It could be very easy for someone to report us or even be in attendance deliberately to cause problems. On the looks of things - there isn't much of a defence we could put up.

On that website there is a "Report Discrimination" tab, which accesses an "incident report form."
Maybe worth filling in one when the opportunity arises.

discrimination
/dɪˌskrɪmɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce
noun
  1. 1.
    the unjust or prejudicial treatment of Rangers supporters and club, especially on the grounds of British race and protestant religion .
    "victims of discrimination"
    synonyms Prejudice, bias, bigotry, intolerance, narrow-mindedness, unfairness, inequity, favouritism, one-sidedness, partisanships

2. think that sums up FARE

Yes, but groups like FARE are targeting Rangers unfairly - the club and majority of the fans could do everything in power to do the right thing and FARE could still find a way to do us over. Which is clearly their ultimate focus. We need to ensure that FARE are also being kept under close monitor and absolutely hammered if found out to be singling out a single club.

Lets face it. It could be very easy for someone to report us or even be in attendance deliberately to cause problems. On the looks of things - there isn't much of a defence we could put up.

I fully share your assessment of Fare
& I wouldn't doubt that any attempt at appeasement with many factions - not just Fare - will not always solve everything

But I wouldn't agree that because of that we shouldn't engage with all & every one of our aggressors
As per an earlier post 'keep your enemies close'
We know they'll be devious scum - but we need to play more clever than them to beat them -

Much more of 'going it alone in silence' will see us worse off imo & ultimately may badly damage us - regrettably

I don't know if we are being treated unfairly or not.We can't deny that some of the songs sung at our matches would come under their scrutiny.
This is why I think we should get close to them.
THEY state that their observers are neutral and volunteer to go to games.I would be interested in who and why a person would "volunteer" to cover our games.What would their motivation be.
If I joined FARE would I be allowed to cover a Celtc game.
Having said that we need to stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

We should start a fans group and join Fare with an organisational membership (€50 fee) and get FARE voting rights.
https://farenet.org/get-involved/fare-membership/
It’s a Cold War, it’s been going on for a while, and it doesn’t seem like we are at the races yet.
We should absolutely trying to control both the narrative in the media as well as getting folk sympathetic to our cause within all organisations including SFA, SPFL, FARE, UEFA, Referees, newspapers etc.
Controlling/ influencing them from inside much better than moaning when they are all shafting us.
That’s just for starters.

That's reality

Correct. I'm the same, what will alter my matchday experience is not being able to go to Ibrox because the grounds shut or not being able to watch us test ourselves against some of the best teams from across Europe because we've been papped out of European competition.

Has anyone taken the time to have a look at these freaks website? They have compiled a list of reports made to them and their own associated reports forwarded onto the relevant authorities. It’s mind boggling, laughable and scary at the same time. Check this one for instance:

Fare has third party reporting status with UEFA, and FIFA on international matches, and at a national level we can support incident reports made by our members.
The general public can keep us informed of national and international level incidents through the reporting form here.
01 July 2018 – Spain fan

A Spain fan referred to Telecinco Reporter María Gómez on air as “beautiful” instead of addressing María by her name in an attempt to belittle the journalist.

It seems they didn’t attempt to get the Spanish National team kicked out the World Cup off the back of it but this is how trivial and anal these ‘woke’ social justice warriors are. There are countless other instances of inane shite they seem as relevant and take onboard to do their virtue signalling acts.

Groups such as FARE won’t be happy until the working class, heterosexual and predominantly White European ethnicity male have been eradicated from the game. The world has gone mad in the fact that mouth foaming ‘right-on’ lunatics such as these are calling the shots. I’m definitely not on the right of the political spectrum by any stretch but I can see why it’s becoming ever more popular and active in recent years given this abolsute bullshit the liberal elites are handing down to the masses

https://farenet.org/get-involved/report-discrimination/incidents-lists/

Last edited:

That's reality

Bang on , none of us like the situation but it's time to get real.

The battle was lost long ago , I would have been all for fighting it then but that ship has sailed and we are now living in a different world .

This is about the football club , those that don't get that are expendable.

UEFA yes FARE no chance

In a nutshell.

FARE have orchestrated this.

The only involvement UEFA have is a piece of paper from FARE landing on UEFA's desk, the UEFA guy saying with a shrug of the shoulders, "meh, whatever", signing it and moving on to the next thing.

I'd love us to have a stronger voice in pointing out hypocrisy and double standards but the truth is we have to clean up our own act before we point any fingers.

These songs are a stick they beat us with. Take it away from them and we'll thrive. Our success will hurt them more than anything.

Right now we are all pissed off and feeling victimised and I can sympathise with some of it.We are all running around blaming every body from the Union Bears,the board,Dave King And just about anybody connected to the Club and beyond.Our haters will be loving it.
Now is the time to come together and get behind the Club in the right way..
The way I see it the first thing the club should do is engage with EUFA and FARE,as much as it may stick in the throat,and highlight all the positive initiatives the Club has been taking,Everyone Anyone for example.Also the wide ranging charitable works the Club and the fans carry out.We need to change the image they have of us.
By doing this it may help head off any further sanctions that may already be in the pipeline.The next thing we should do is get the Union Bears into the Club and have some of our Club legends explain the damage these songs are causing.I know it's not all down to them but they are the main instigators of the chants and songs.
We can move on from there.I know I will be accused of being naive and not being staunch,I am neither,we need to choose when to fight and when to negotiate as this is a battle we will not win.
Time for us all to wise up and sing from the same hymn sheet,without the add ons.
I agree entirely. We have to make a public display of sitting round the table with them to come up with a strategy.

Invite some of the fans leaders from NI who successfully got rid of the same shite from their songbook. Sit them down with the UB guys, and use the website and social media to publicise the shit out of it. Invite the guy from NBM to be there along with someone from FARE and UEFA too.

Engage with @David Edgar and H&H. Use every bit of 'friendly' media we have access to.

Get the accepted songs up on the screens, redo the wee blue book and get it on every seat in time.

I dare say that @Robert Marshall would even allow the use of his venue as somewhere the agreed songs could be publicised.

The club absolutely have to show they are doing everything they can, but ultimately they can only tell us what they expect. It's up to the fans to embrace the change and make it happen. We've had a very stark warning of what will happen if we don't.

In a nutshell.

FARE have orchestrated this.

The only involvement UEFA have is a piece of paper from FARE landing on UEFA's desk, the UEFA guy saying with a shrug of the shoulders, "meh, whatever", signing it and moving on to the next thing.
Not so sure on this one, the club have called out FARE to UEFA, UEFA know they are agenda driven yet still allow them to be the vehicle for penalising Rangers

Has anyone taken the time to have a look at these freaks website? They have compiled a list of reports made to them and their own associated reports forwarded onto the relevant authorities. It’s mind boggling, laughable and scary at the same time. Check this one for instance:

Fare has third party reporting status with UEFA, and FIFA on international matches, and at a national level we can support incident reports made by our members.
The general public can keep us informed of national and international level incidents through the reporting form here.
01 July 2018 – Spain fan

A Spain fan referred to Telecinco Reporter María Gómez on air as “beautiful” instead of addressing María by her name in an attempt to belittle the journalist.

It seems they didn’t attempt to get the Spanish National team kicked out the World Cup off the back of it but this is how trivial and anal these ‘woke’ social justice warriors are. There are countless other instances of inane shite they seem as relevant and take onboard to do their virtue signalling acts.

Groups such as FARE won’t be happy until the working class, heterosexual and predominantly White European ethnicity male have been eradicated from the game. The world has gone mad in the fact that mouth foaming ‘right-on’ lunatics such as these are calling the shots. I’m definitely not on the right of the political spectrum by any stretch but I can see why it’s becoming ever more popular and active in recent years given this abolsute bullshit the liberal elites are handing down to the masses

https://farenet.org/get-involved/report-discrimination/incidents-lists/
For what it’s worth this is the best post i’ve read on the mountain shit i’ve heard on this forum since this story broke

You can’t engage with people who hate you and despise your existence.
We have to publicly invite them to come to the table though, and inform them that the minutes of the meeting will be publicly available via the website for greater transparency.

That would be fare with the selective heaing younwant to engage with.the organisation who are full of rangers haters .The organisation who have links to Celtic.take it that's the fare you are talking about.

We have to publicly invite them to come to the table though, and inform them that the minutes of the meeting will be publicly available via the website for greater transparency.
Not to bad an idea mate .but they won,t do it as they will be found out for what they are.

That's reality

Quite agree, mate. I can't help thinking in this respect of what our reaction would be if a significant number of tims bought tickets to one of our games and went there to sing TBB and have it video'd etc to have sanctions taken against the club. Can you imagine the reaction and the hatred? At bottom, what would the difference be if it is sung by any Rangers fan group or a squad of manks?

I agree entirely. We have to make a public display of sitting round the table with them to come up with a strategy.

Invite some of the fans leaders from NI who successfully got rid of the same shite from their songbook. Sit them down with the UB guys, and use the website and social media to publicise the shit out of it. Invite the guy from NBM to be there along with someone from FARE and UEFA too.

Engage with @David Edgar and H&H. Use every bit of 'friendly' media we have access to.

Get the accepted songs up on the screens, redo the wee blue book and get it on every seat in time.

I dare say that @Robert Marshall would even allow the use of his venue as somewhere the agreed songs could be publicised.

The club absolutely have to show they are doing everything they can, but ultimately they can only tell us what they expect. It's up to the fans to embrace the change and make it happen. We've had a very stark warning of what will happen if we don't.
I would welcome the chance to host such an event

Bang on , none of us like the situation but it's time to get real.

The battle was lost long ago , I would have been all for fighting it then but that ship has sailed and we are now living in a different world .

This is about the football club , those that don't get that are expendable.
I'd love us to have a stronger voice in pointing out hypocrisy and double standards but the truth is we have to clean up our own act before we point any fingers.

These songs are a stick they beat us with. Take it away from them and we'll thrive. Our success will hurt them more than anything.

Agreed, the ship has sailed.
Sort our singing out and we’re untouchable. We can then tell anyone we want who hates us to go f*ck themselves

Try being born in 1967 and growing up in northern Ireland and dealing with life right now

I would welcome the chance to host such an event
Right folks, there's the first step made.

We can lead this change. Let's stop waiting for other folk to do it. In the space of one post, I've established that Mr Marshall would welcome hosting an 'official songs' event.

All you ITK guys, use your contacts, tell the club that we, the fans want to establish a dialogue with UEFA, FARE and NBM. I'd invite the local MSPs too. Show the world that we are doing all we can and won't let our club be tarnished with this shit ever again.

You can only.engage with someone or an organisation if they are open to engagement.
So you ask them in a very public way. If they refuse then that's a reflection on them and something that could actually be taken to CAS if need be - we made every attempt to engage, they refused, therefore we feel the punishment is unjust and not from a place of true concern for the social attitudes it claims to punish.

Back