Time to get behind the team!!!

Our players should be coming out at Ibrox, happy and relaxed looking forward to a home game. They get enough hostility outside of Ibrox, without getting it of our own fans.

Away teams are using this to their advantage. Their team talk must be, hold them and after 20 mins theyll start feeling pressure more than us.

Correct' we are supposed to be Rangers supporters' I have never booed a Rangers team in my life' we all get upset when we play bad or pass goes astray' but I don't see the point of booing' it just puts the players under more pressure and maybe they may not try a move in case it doesn't come off

Disagree. The moans of discontent around Ibrox were quite audible on RTV today from around 25 minutes in.

Must be a horrendous environment for team already not playing well to try & pick themselves up in.

So you were not there today,let me tell you the weather was horrendous.

Cap doffed to each and everyone who made the game today.

Yet folk continue to come on here and criticise the faithful for moaning and groaning ?

Thankfully this forum doesnt represent the fans I meet irl.

Transparent demoralising tactics.

If ever there was a time where the team needed our voice it’s bloody now . Massive night on Thursday which I’m sure a win would help somewhat to get us back to where we need to be . We don’t give up until it’s over !!!
Trust me we get behind the team week in and week out, we want to see the same commitment back. Not a lot to ask for tbh.

If ever there was a time where the team needed our voice it’s bloody now . Massive night on Thursday which I’m sure a win would help somewhat to get us back to where we need to be . We don’t give up until it’s over !!!
We've always been behind the team

I find it amazing that there are people that think we always get behind the team . Ibrox has been like a morgue in 2020 . Opposition teams know that if they slow the game down the grumblings and boos will start .

I’ve never played professional football but playing in that atmosphere yesterday must have been hell. It was quite toxic at times.

It's not the fans who were there, but those who were not there who should be critised. There was a lot of empty seats. The team needs our support more than ever

Time for the club to give something back. The fans have packed Ibrox for the last 8 years not through thick and thin but through thin and thinner. They turned up to watch the rubbish produced by Mccoist’s, Warburton’s, Pedro’s and Murty’s sides. They turned up after being thrashed twice in one week by the scum and through countless false dawns. They turn up even though our board are looking increasingly distant from the support and are failing to protect the club. They turn up even though we haven’t been challenging seriously for the league by mid-February for a decade and haven’t won a senior trophy for just as long. They turn up despite the obvious officiating conspiracy against us, driven by a hate-fuelled media. They turn up even though they are given no protection by Police Scotland or the Procurator Fiscal and knowing that the highest echelons of the Scottish Government are actively conspiring against the club and in favour of the scum. They turn up despite being subjected for years to insipid, boring and ineffectual football.

With all this in mind, it is somewhat churlish to criticise the support for not shouting/singing for 90 minutes when their team of highly paid professionals, recruited at great expense, routinely fails to deliver against mediocre opposition. If the team delivers, the fans will respond - just look at the European games from the last 2 seasons. It’s a 2 way street. It’s down to the players and management to do what they are being paid royally to do.

If the players are relying on the fans to get them up for the game then they are at the wrong club. They should try and get a move to Crystal Palace or stoke, a nothing club with no expectations. The players should lift the fans and should strive under pressure.
The guy slagging the fans yesterday from the comfort of his living room needs ignored as well. I spent 8 hours on a bus Saturday to watch no football and couldn’t do it again Sunday. The respect I have for those that managed to get there Sunday at such short notice is unbelievable.

Time for the club to give something back. The fans have packed Ibrox for the last 8 years not through thick and thin but through thin and thinner. They turned up to watch the rubbish produced by Mccoist’s, Warburton’s, Pedro’s and Murty’s sides. They turned up after being thrashed twice in one week by the scum and through countless false dawns. They turn up even though our board are looking increasingly distant from the support and are failing to protect the club. They turn up even though we haven’t been challenging seriously for the league by mid-February for a decade and haven’t won a senior trophy for just as long. They turn up despite the obvious officiating conspiracy against us, driven by a hate-fuelled media. They turn up even though they are given no protection by Police Scotland or the Procurator Fiscal and knowing that the highest echelons of the Scottish Government are actively conspiring against the club and in favour of the scum. They turn up despite being subjected for years to insipid, boring and ineffectual football.

With all this in mind, it is somewhat churlish to criticise the support for not shouting/singing for 90 minutes when their team of highly paid professionals, recruited at great expense, routinely fails to deliver against mediocre opposition. If the team delivers, the fans will respond - just look at the European games from the last 2 seasons. It’s a 2 way street. It’s down to the players and management to do what they are being paid royally to do.

No offence mate, but this load of entitled nonsense is totally unproductive and I say that as someone whose had a season book since 1989 bar “Spiv season” and go to as many games away and abroad as I can.

It’s our job as “supporters” to support, not sit back and say “make me happy you millionaire”.

Our support can be very up and down sometimes it has to be said. But lets not forget that the majority who have followed relentlessly over the last 8 years have been nothing short of spectacular and deserve praise and support from the club. The points we've dropped in the last fee weeks has been a hard one to take.

The roof only came off Ibrox against Porto when we went two nil up.

If we make Ibrox the cauldron of noise it can be, from the word go, we’ve got a chance.

What you’ve described in the above post would be how the fans of most football clubs operate, do you think the like of st Mirren and st Johnstone have the same self entitled views that some of our support do . We’ve been spoiled with success throughout our history but that doesn’t mean we as fans can just expect it , unfortunately in life you have to take the rough with the smooth !

Totally agree, but where’s the fun in that for some folk ?

Opposition managers know that if they can keep it 0 0 for 20/25 minutes the crowd will get on the players backs.

Yesterday was a slog mainly down to the conditions but I thought all 11 on the park were trying to push forward and make things happen

The fans do nothing but get behind the team

C’mon man.

Rangers have a huge loyal fan base who are four-square behind the team.

Sadly there is a sizeable chunk who’s loyalty only lasts up to the first misplaced pass or ineffective tackle.

There’s another chunk can’t get behind the team for more than a 75 minute stretch.

Totally agree,not everybody wants to join in with the singing,but the odd shout of support and applause plus the energy of the UnionBears can change the whole atmosphere of the Stadium.

It works both ways.

I don't see it like that.
Sure, if the players put on a show then the fans get exited and create a good atmosphere but the last thing anyone who is a bit low in confidence needs is to have the fans on their backs.
People always say they players should be strong enough but anyone who has played sport to any reasonable level knows how tough it can be when low in confidence.

Back