Time To Get Rid Of Replays

I have nothing against replays in the Scottish Cup - although £27 is too steep a price for Tav's miss. Were we to have drawn celtic away, bringing them back to Ibrox wold have been our best chance to beat them.
Wasn’t Tav’s miss.
It was Worral’s and/or Defoe’s.
At least, the keeper needed to save Tavernier’s.

Although I do think the keeper did well against Defoe.

I'd go the other way and make all Scottish Cup games two legged affairs, until the final at a neutral venue.

A replay is the correct way to decide domestic cup ties. In scotshit football all it takes is for an incompetent referee to "mistakenly" send off 1 or 2 players from an unfavourable team to "unintentionally" give an advantage to a more favourable team in his opinion making a certain team play extra time without a full team. When a team draws at shit pitches like killie etc they are more than entitled to a shot on a real football surface.Scotshit football is a shambles as it is but it is always open to more shambolic ways to make it even worse. Don't give the clowns ideas.

It also ruins spectacle of cup ties. Especially in a tight game in last 20 minutes. Teams just decide to take less risks with possibility of a replay. They are happy to still be in cup. Play to a finish. There is no need whatsoever for a cup tie to go to a replay!

The Skol Cup (League Cup) in the 80s had no replays.
Started in August with the Final in October.

Any drawn games would go to extra time and then penalties.

Rangers went through a few times on penalties, from memory Stenhousemuir and Forfar spring to mind, and obviously Sheep in 87 Final.

They are a pain in the arse money wise, but I think they suit us bigger teams better.

We SHOULD win all our home games which means if we struggle away, but get a draw, it SHOULD be plain sailing in the replay.
Maybe I’m talking shite lol.

I agree with the OP completely. Replays just seem dated and unnecessary, but financially it suits many clubs.

Would end the replay system now. If you aren't good enough on the day like a normal league game and drop points or a cup final and lose, you just have to accept it. It makes for a more exiting game if its just the one fixture as well.

If Replays did not exist, Rangers wouldnt always be guaranteed a shot at a team at Ibrox as long as they dont completely mess up the away game.

Its a sporting advantage for us. Still mystified only a couple of replies can see this.

Easy life > winning ?

Back