Time to recall Defoe !

As far as i'm aware he only started 3 matches in the league last season and that was at home to Livingston, Hamilton and Motherwell. It's against the lower teams at home when he tends to get his chance.

Ross County at home in November will likely be his best chance of starting a match. Up until then it's a tough run in the league and I don't see him starting in any of those matches.

As far as i'm aware he only started 3 matches in the league last season and that was at home to Livingston, Hamilton and Motherwell. It's against the lower teams at home when he tends to get his chance.

Ross County at home in November will likely be his best chance of starting a match. Up until then it's a tough run in the league and I don't see him starting in any of those matches.

Exactly, because he has lost his pace & has no body strength to create a platform for us going forward against good teams.

No point in recalling someone to finish when you are not creating. Its not like we are creating 10 clear opportunities per game. Roofe and Morelos are doing most of their work outside of the box due to lack of supply

Defoe proved at the end of last season that he still has plenty to offer.

The 3 subs domestically is killing his chances to get any game time though

Teddy Sheringham was still scoring goals in the EPL at 40. King Richard was getting motm playing against Shearer when at 40 in the EPL.

Defoe could get a few goals this season at 39 years old.
You’ve nailed me there mate, all the players to have played and you’re hurling out a player who retired 20 years ago to strengthen your point.

Sakala is going to get a few goals this season

I genuinely believe we miss Arfield badly.
I'd have him in that midfield 3 ahead of Aribo, and push Aribo into the front 3.
We play far better and are much more dangerous with Aribo in the front 3.
Don't know how Gerrard canny see it.
Worst shout I’ve seen on here for a while. Arfield has contributed absolutely nothing for months. I said at the start of the season he should only be a bit part player. With his recent performances he should be nowhere near our squad ever again he is done. If we don’t have any youngster better than Arfield we are in a bad way.

I'd have him in that midfield 3 ahead of Aribo, and push Aribo into the front 3.

I’d love to see Arfield fit regularly as he has the quality and experience to play a part this season. He’s a proper leader who could potentially bang a few heads together and get players playing again at the level we know they’re capable of.

He is one of the few that has that drive in him.

Can't see him coming straight back in from the cold at his age, I'd say his playing career is effectively over. Which is sad as towards the end of last season he showed what a good player he still is coming off the bench.

Can't believe someone used "tippy tappy football" in a serious manner on here. Has Advocaat returned?

Aye, just long ball it up to Defoe for %^*& sake. Gerrard should get the OP in on training sessions.

100%, Aribo for me is good at dribbling but his awareness and creativity/passing NOT good enough to be a central midfielder. Arfield at least gets into support our striker posing questions to opposition.

Arfield has been terrible for nearly a year now. He doesn’t even merit being close to the squad never mind a first team place. He started last season on fire again then got injured and faded away badly picking up another couple of injuries. From what we’ve seen of Arfield this season alone has been truly remarkable on how much he has fell away. He doesn’t make the runs he was good at and was effectively getting us goals when on form. The drift into the box while other players pulled defenders out of position to create space isn’t there with him anymore. All I’ve seen Scott Arfield do this season is give away possession and foul constantly. Sorry but IMO Arfield isn’t even close to the answer to our problems. A 2 year ago in form Arfield yes. The one now. No chance.

Worst shout I’ve seen on here for a while. Arfield has contributed absolutely nothing for months. I said at the start of the season he should only be a bit part player. With his recent performances he should be nowhere near our squad ever again he is done. If we don’t have any youngster better than Arfield we are in a bad way.
Arfield has barely played for months though.
And yo single him out is harsh.
Very few players have contributed for months.
Arfield is a far better option in that position than Aribo.

Back