Time Travelling Ranger

Slobear

Getting a bit fed up checking the transfers thread so thot I would throw a curveball. You can only bring one ranger from the past to develop the team. Who would you bring and why?
For me; Albert as he was always up for a battle in games and countless times chipped in with important goals. Knows what a successful Rangers team feels like and would make sure others pulled their weight to get the win.

s-l600.jpg

Because if need be, he could do it on his own

Way before my time but John Greig. This team has a habit of switching off and not being up for big games and we need someone to drag this team by the scruff of their neck through sheer single mindedness when that happens.

From my lifetime it has to be Jim Baxter. Our greatest ever player in the modern era

You could make a case for the fight of John Greig, or the industry of Alex MacDonald, even the bite of Souness, but Slim Jim was a class above and would be sure to improve any Rangers side.

Getting a bit fed up checking the transfers thread so thot I would throw a curveball. You can only bring one ranger from the past to develop the team. Who would you bring and why?
For me; Albert as he was always up for a battle in games and countless times chipped in with important goals. Knows what a successful Rangers team feels like and would make sure others pulled their weight to get the win.

Can't make up my mind.
It's either "is that the the big French fellow who played for Newcastle?" or "Albert who?".

Apologies.

Has to be Baxter.

The man who the mentally challengeds feared, and for good reason. He owned them.

The Magnificent Bastard. Even though we had him when he was past his best, he was a few levels above anyone else in the league at that time. Plenty of aggression and bite, always available to receive a pass, always capable of opening up any opposition with passes of his own, a motivator and a leader.

You're being extremely kind to Albertz there.

Great player, loved him, yes big goals and important goals but very often looked like he could not be arsed and had to be pulled out of a malaise.

He would not be telling others to pull their weight. There was a bit of Miko in big Jorg, especially at Ibrox. It's why he drove Advocaat mental and the 2 never really got on.

John Greig.

Epitomises Rangers and could carry the team on his shoulders to wins even when we were poor.

We need goals the side without relying on Alfie all the time...bring back Ally McCoist.

Barry or Gough for me. If I had to choose, I’d go for Barry. Someone who demands performances, whinges at the ref and affects the opposition

Terry Butcher for me. We need an intimidating, take no BS kind of figure on the park.

This has been done more than once. I’n the past I’ve gone for McCoist but I think I’d rather have someone like Gough as we’re needing a leader more than anything. Else.

Back