Timmy starting to worry about us

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Having a peak on their site and on twitter seeing a lot of them are concerned about the old firm and a few saying they would take a draw now.

Most of them would have watched the game last night and in the 1st half i think they had no option but to take notice on our blistering display.

We are waiting for you.

some of the comments

They have had a good run recently and will be up for this game, no doubt, Celtic have been up and down recently with a few players definitely more down than up just now. This must be the first game against them in a while where I think more than a few Celtic fans are having genuine doubts about how well, or otherwise, this will go.
The same attitude and performance displayed in the Aberdeen game, but possibly with a bit more dig and a bit more football played is required. To be perfectly honest, at the moment I would take a draw, a win would be a bonus. I don't think this is a game where flowing football will get the three points but a game where the players just have to roll their sleeves up and get the job done.
If there any Celtic players who can't match the commitment of the opposition in the game at Ibrox they shouldn't be playing for Celtic.

I'm nervous about the huns game anaw. Mainly due to us and our inconsistency in fairness, though there's no doubt they have improved significantly

Normally on the build up FB is absolutely hoaching with them and and all their shite. So far there has been nothing. We have got the fuckers by the balls and they know that the days of gloating are gone. Its going to be a tight game but after our display at the Piggery with a team that was only about 70% of what we have now, they are worried and so they should be.

They are starting to worry a bit the tide is turning for sure.

They are going to have to spend a lot of money to rebuild this summer but will they.

This coming season will be the last any Scottish Team realistically gets a decent run at the Champions league and they have an unsustainable wage budget with out it.

Last edited:
I really hope Murphy is fit. The mix of pace, movement and power of our front 4 will really cause them all sorts of problems if we are firing backed up with Docherty's running power from midfield. If Murphy is going to be injured we'll be forced into a reshuffle which almost certainly doesn't make us as potent and free flowing.

I really hope Murphy is fit. The mix of pace, movement and power of our front 4 will really cause them all sorts of problems if we are firing backed up with Docherty's running power from midfield. If Murphy is going to be injured we'll be forced into a reshuffle which almost certainly doesn't make us as potent and free flowing.
Murphy is crucial

We got 10 days to get him fit and was only a toe so perhaps only a couple of days rest - would not play him on Sunday though

You don't half spend a good amount of time reading their p*sh bud haha. Dunno how you can be bothered.

Anyway...bring it on! I'm still wary of us achieving anything this season but things are certainly looking rosier. A victory over them would be sweet.

Very confident, we will score 3, they're poor and getting found out. We now play the best football in the league, I'm only worried how many we concede. I reckon murty will play the tight lip about Murphy and won't tell anything till just before ko against that shower

We're long overdue a win against them. As others have pointed out Murphy being fit will be crucial. Docherty and Goss must start.

You don't half spend a good amount of time reading their p*sh bud haha. Dunno how you can be bothered.

Anyway...bring it on! I'm still wary of us achieving anything this season but things are certainly looking rosier. A victory over them would be sweet.

takes about 5 seconds to check a page and i cant avoid it on twitter with constant retweets, not like i spend my whole day checking their site.

Kevin Thomson said in his interview with Si Ferry that they knew Celtic had better players than Rangers did back then. He said they knew the way to beat them was to turn it into a fight and beat them that way. I think this is needed now as well...get in their faces and don't give them a minutes peace.

We need to be in their face in a very controlled & disciplined way from the first whistle until the last.
Having players stand up to them and not just let them play their football throws this Celtic side - Thistle had them on the ropes for periods of their game last month, we did at New Year and Hearts demolished them recently.

Discipline is key though - having someone sent off could turn the game.

If Rangers win next week I expect the full on inTIMidation of refs to be taken to the next level by Liewells lapdogs in press.

We could actually be level on points with them by the time they kick off against Motherwell so expect the usual bullying tactics to be rolled out soon.

Kevin Thomson said in his interview with Si Ferry that they knew Celtic had better players than Rangers did back then. He said they knew the way to beat them was to turn it into a fight and beat them that way. I think this is needed now as well...get in their faces and don't give them a minutes peace.

I think we have better players than them. So much will come down to Tav and Candeias vs Sinclair and Tierney - and I think Tav and Candeias are both better and in better form.

So we can win by out-fighting them, or we can win by outplaying them. It's by no means a foregone conclusion, but I'd say we'd have to be favourites.

Exactly what O’Neill did with them too. Couldn’t match the quality of our team so signed a team or journeymen scrappers.

They are starting to worry a bit the tide is turning for sure.

They are going to have to spend a lot of money to rebuild this summer but will they.

This coming season will be the last any Scottish Team realistically gets a decent run at the Champions league and they have an unsustainable wage budget with out it.

They need to sign at least one centre half, probably two, a right back, a central midfielder and a striker. Probably a keeper as well. In order to do that they need to shift players out of the door. that will be their problem. They have players it will be hard to move on. Sumonovic for a start, poor player they paid a lot for and is on a decent wage. Would struggle to get anyone interested, will need a pay off. They have a lot in that position.

To win we need to play the football we played last night for 90 mins and couple that with hard work closing them down when they have possession. Need to press them quickly and get them under pressure at the back.

We need our A game and a fair determination to win. We have players with that now, Docherty and Murphy for example know what is at stake.

This on-form Rangers strike force will destroy them. My big concern is our defence when we concede crazy goals.

Agreed.

Going forward, we’re easily a match for them now, and at this point in time, arguably better.

Midfield, Docherty and Goss have us looking like we can go toe to toe with them too, which leaves the defence.

As decent as Martin and Bates have been, the goal we lost last night was typical of the sloppy, damaging goals we’ve been losing all season - switching off defensively when we need no nonsense leadership at the back.

The good news is that Celtic don’t look any better, so, for the first time in years, it really does feel like we’re going into an Old Firm game that could come down to one moment of magic or who wants it more on the day.

Win this and it really will be game on.

Regardless how well we are playing and how confident we feel, I hope the players and management keep that to themselves and don't tell the world how we are going to win.

Results and impressive performances are what put the pressure on the vermin. Boasting before we have beaten them just puts pressure on us.

If we play well we could beat them. What I’d like to see happen is that we approach the game the way we have approached the last five, that way we will get an idea of where we really are at this point.

If we do that and beat them then my balls are out and we are winning the league this year or next in my mind.

.... and the referees know that all too well
Exactly - giving a referee a decision to make is the mistake. Keep it all under control and we can dominate their midfield - once you stop their midfield playing their game and passing you inside out then they revert to long balls and kicking people.

Hate to admit it but a draw would be a decent result for the mentally challengeds.

A win for us and the pressure on them will mount.

Just an opinion but I don't think they'll cope with that pressure and the capitulation could be fantastic.

They're certainly beginning to finally realise that we're on their tail and they're right to be worried....very worried!
Having said that, I'm delighted that our Manager and players are playing it smart and not giving them any ammunition by claiming to do "this or that" to celtc or that they should be worried that we're slowly but surely catching them up.
Not only are we vastly improving on the park, we're becoming a lot more media savvy too!
It's all coming together....roll on #55!

Judging by twitter it certainly looks like they aren’t as confident as they’d like you to believe they are, which is good to see and proving we’re heading in the right direction.

Press them from the start don’t give them a second to settle, first time in a long time I feel confident heading into a game against them, obviously Falkirk to take care of first.

Next week is one of the most important games against them ever. We simply have to win. It will be utterly devastating to them.

I’m confident.

I agree, they've been acting like theyd romp us every game we play them. if we can get say a comprehensive 2 nil win over them they will be devastated! even better if we can do a hearts on them but im not greedy!

we are definitely on the right path but until that final whistle blows im keeping my powder dry with the c8nts!

some of the comments

They have had a good run recently and will be up for this game, no doubt, Celtic have been up and down recently with a few players definitely more down than up just now. This must be the first game against them in a while where I think more than a few Celtic fans are having genuine doubts about how well, or otherwise, this will go.
The same attitude and performance displayed in the Aberdeen game, but possibly with a bit more dig and a bit more football played is required. To be perfectly honest, at the moment I would take a draw, a win would be a bonus. I don't think this is a game where flowing football will get the three points but a game where the players just have to roll their sleeves up and get the job done.
If there any Celtic players who can't match the commitment of the opposition in the game at Ibrox they shouldn't be playing for Celtic.

I'm nervous about the huns game anaw. Mainly due to us and our inconsistency in fairness, though there's no doubt they have improved significantly

Surely you have corrected the spelling,changed the grammatical errors and put full stops, apostrophes, where they should go.

There is no way, I'm having it, that, that paragraph has been cut and pasted from Kerryfail St :D

They will be right up for this game too.
Good to see they recognise our resurgence. They have suddenly realised we are well and truly back. .. .:D
And it must grate more as we dont have a manager on a massive salary or Champions League cash. :D

I’m not a betting man but a small wager on a 3-1 win would be tempting. Hope they play cleverly on the Murphy injury and keep them guessing.

Regardless how well we are playing and how confident we feel, I hope the players and management keep that to themselves and don't tell the world how we are going to win.

Results and impressive performances are what put the pressure on the vermin. Boasting before we have beaten them just puts pressure on us.
Very little chance Murty would ever come out and say we are going to win

We should have clawed more goal average back last night.
thats the only thing that annoyed me, we could have went on and got at least 6, you cant take any chances incase it came down to goal difference.

I can't complwin though i would have snapped your hand off for any win.

Back