Timothy's "Years of Domination"

We need to ensure that we are miles in front when they sack the big Greek philosopher, I've said from the start of this season our downfall will only come from within and we've already thrown 5 points away. I'm not worried about them... I am however concerned by our fall off from last season
I'm not sure I share your confidence in them being able to turn around that squad and their results with anyone in charge. Why do we need to be miles ahead?

Our core squad, footballing department and structure is built on pretty solid grounds. Finances are a concern but we're not throwing millions around on players willy nilly hoping a few buys work out. The board told us early we'd need to front load investment then become self sufficient on our revenue streams which is exactly what has happened in the past seven or eight transfer windows. Once that is enhanced by CL money I can see us being pretty comfortable up top, even with some dips in performances like we're experiencing now.

They, on the other hand, are having to lie about transfer fees received to appease a baying horde, they're still dishing out jobs for the boys, they've got a manager who clearly doesn't want to be there, a squad of players where they're flogging inexperienced, average youth players as viable first team members and a fanbase disiullusioned with it all. Even if they brought in Pep in December I'd struggle to see them get enough of a bounce to get close.

Complacency would be our only failing, we've left them for dust long ago.

We need to ensure that we are miles in front when they sack the big Greek philosopher, I've said from the start of this season our downfall will only come from within and we've already thrown 5 points away. I'm not worried about them... I am however concerned by our fall off from last season
Pretty certain the mgt team and our Scottish cohort of players and Alfie etc get it. Need to make sure the newbies do and perhaps a couple of those looking elsewhere. 55 was massive for reputation. 56 this year will be far bigger for a solid financial foundation to develop further. In some ways a silver lining of not being too far sad keeps focus up. We know how big leads can disintegrate if over confident.

I'm not sure I share your confidence in them being able to turn around that squad and their results with anyone in charge. Why do we need to be miles ahead?

Our core squad, footballing department and structure is built on pretty solid grounds. Finances are a concern but we're not throwing millions around on players willy nilly hoping a few buys work out. The board told us early we'd need to front load investment then become self sufficient on our revenue streams which is exactly what has happened in the past seven or eight transfer windows. Once that is enhanced by CL money I can see us being pretty comfortable up top, even with some dips in performances like we're experiencing now.

They, on the other hand, are having to lie about transfer fees received to appease a baying horde, they're still dishing out jobs for the boys, they've got a manager who clearly doesn't want to be there, a squad of players where they're flogging inexperienced, average youth players as viable first team members and a fanbase disiullusioned with it all. Even if they brought in Pep in December I'd struggle to see them get enough of a bounce to get close.

Complacency would be our only failing, we've left them for dust long ago.
True but you front load to make money later. That’s either selling and/or CL. We’ve not done either yet. Board obviously will realise that but as fans we don’t have control so always a bit nervy.

Could easily say Celtic were struggling to get their act together for our 9IAR era as well but.

The record books don't lie and I'm sure their fans won't look at it as meaningless in 10/20 years time.

I agree their failed 10IAR campaign will always be that but.

Their '9' compared to our 9 aren't similar at all. For one the league in the 90s and into the 2000s was much more competitive then.

Plus, and this is one thing they always forget, we had aspirations that went beyond the Scottish league. Murray, Smith and eventually Advocaaat wanted to make a s serious dent in Europe and signed, and attempted to sign, players that would kick us on in Europe. It didn't work but we weren't just happy with winning the SPL.

Celtic didn't. All they have ever cared about, or ever will, is being a place above Rangers. That's literally it. When I say this to Celtic fans I remind them of their 2 champs league campaigns with Lennon as their manager (or was it one?) their massive sales of Forster, Van Dijk, Armstrong etc and their further 2 Champs league qualifications under Rodgers.

They should have had a team built to win our league and ambitions of the last16/ 8 of the Europa League every season. Instead it was all about the 10, bettering something rangers had done and laughing as they routinely beat a very, very weakened Rangers team and an even weaker league.

Celtic could have turned this league into what the Bundesliga is now, their fans should have seen to it that the board didn't take their eye off the ball with regards to growing the football side and always improving. They didn't because all the think about is 'getting it up the h*ns'.

Last edited:
Their '9' compared to our 9 aren't similar at all. For one the league in the 90s and into the 2000s was much more competitive then.

Plus, and this is one thing they always forget, we had aspirations that went beyond the Scottish league. Murray, Smith and eventually Advocaaat wanted to make a s serious dent in Europe and signed, and attempted to sign, players that would kick us on in Europe. It didn't work but we weren't just happy with winning the SPL.

Celtic didn't. All they have ever cared about, or ever will, is being a place above Rangers. That's literally it. When I say this to Celtic fans I remind them of their 2 champs league campaigns with Lennon as their manager (or was it one?) their massive sales of Forster, Van Dijk, Armstrong etc and their further 2 Champs league qualifications under Rodgers.

They should have had a team built to win our league and ambitions of the last16/ 8 of the Europa League every season. Instead it was all about the 10, bettering something rangers had done and laughing as they routinely beat a very, very weakened team and an even weaker league.

Celtic could have turned this league into what the Bundesliga is now, their fans should have seen to it that the board didn't take their eye off the ball with regards to growing the football side and always improving. They didn't because all the think about is 'getting up the h*ns'.
I didn't even remotely compare their 9 to our 9. Read it again!

My only point was that I don't think you can dismiss their four trebles as 'meaningless'. We have seen how hard it is to win domestic cup competitions the past few seasons under Gerrard and we've had a far superior budget to every team in the country bar Celtic.

Could easily say Celtic were struggling to get their act together for our 9IAR era as well but.

The record books don't lie and I'm sure their fans won't look at it as meaningless in 10/20 years time.

I agree their failed 10IAR campaign will always be that but.
This is sadly the case. In 50 years time, that achievement will still be on the record but there'll be very few who care (or remember) that they won it against virtually no opposition.

And what did they get for it?

A worthless Nine In A Row as we weren't in the league for four of the titles.

An equally meaningless Quadruple Treble.

A tragically inept attempt to get to the Ten.

Instead they have £16million in the bank at the end of it - enough to run their club for roughly 3 months.

Quite an achievement for all those years when they should have been sprinting ahead.
It always baffled me why the fans of beast fc were so obsessed by 'the idea ten-in-a-row', turning the quest into a kind of unhealthy fetish.

In the normal course of events, achieving 'ten-in-a-row' would have represented an outstanding achievement, a brilliant accomplishment for any OF team - be they Rangers or Celtic. It would have demonstrated an unprecedented level of dominance by one team over their historical rivals, imposing a level of humiliation so complete that it would be impossible to expunge from the historical memory.

To be sure both OF teams had in the past managed 'nine-in-a-row' - close, but no cigar. It should be noted however, that these achievements were accomplishments of genuine merit, since in order to do what they did, they had to prevail over exceptionally strong, talented, teams that theirOF rivals had put together, thus making 'nine-in-a-row' something for fans of each club to take a genuine pride in

But this simply wasn't the case in bheast fc's phoney 'ten-in-a-row' quest. As the OP stated, Rangers weren't even present in the league for 4 of the years, Moreover, due to the dire financial circumstances that crippled Rangers, the club were reduced to a hollow shell, whilst their principal rivals had unimpeded access to the millions provided by the CL cash-cow. Given such a context, how could bheast fc. fail to amass league titles? What possible value then - at least for normal, rational fans - would achieving ten-in-a-row have held?

Everything always revolves around Rangers for them, it always has.

We weren’t in the league and they were dominating and winning titles, yet Parkhead was 2/3 empty every other week, they had to close large parts of stadium, we were selling out in the 4th tier, they downsized dramatically and were going through the motions.

When we were finally promoted back to the top flight, their crowds were back, old firm games reached fever pitch for them, everything was great again, what a coincidence eh?

We don’t exist though :))

Another massive problem is that a lot of fans for them have grew up with nothing but success and domination.

They wont be able to handle not winning everything as was proved in November last year.

And it coincided with the increase in social media.

In the 90s I was used to Rangers winning domestically, with some issues in Europe. In the 2000s it seemed more even domestically. Chat rooms were starting to become popular.

But their young fans (school age / uni age) grew up with no competition, winning everything, seeing it instantly online on Twitter etc... and gloating about it.

Last year we saw the physical, and online meltdown.

They should have had a team built to win our league and ambitions of the last16/ 8 of the Europa League every season. Instead it was all about the 10, bettering something rangers had done and laughing as they routinely beat a very, very weakened Rangers team and an even weaker league.

Celtic could have turned this league into what the Bundesliga is now, their fans should have seen to it that the board didn't take their eye off the ball with regards to growing the football side and always improving. They didn't because all the think about is 'getting it up the h*ns'.
The Scottish press , headlines were judge us ( Rangers ) on Europe , we accepted this as fair , they were never treated or acted the same .
Which they seem very comfortable with

Instead they have £16million in the bank at the end of it - enough to run their club for roughly 3 months.

Quite an achievement for all those years when they should have been sprinting ahead.
“Aye, but the masons and ra Queen and Peter Lawwell allowed Sevco to win ra league cuz he thinks we need Sevco”

this is the actual thought process (paraphrasing) of an unwashed Saville FC fan

Remember guys it will take 150 millions and 10 years to catch them
Mind that pish, I can't believe the celtic mouthpiece media were spouting it as it totally done an MK Ultra project on the whole rhat support, made the tainted ten ending all the sweeter for me.

In an era post banking collapse with thin squads in the league and a weakened Rangers struggling to get our act together?
I think I'd tend to disagree on that one also tbh.

The 9IAR of there's is a pathetic one no doubt but there 4 trebles is an achievement whether we like it or not.

Just look at our domestic cup record over the last few seasons if you took them out of it for the next 4 seasons I wouldn't be putting my house on us doing it that's for sure.

More reason for us to win the league this season and the riches that the CL will bring

That's the crux of it, they should have been light years ahead of us....they aren't!

Still not won a European tie after Christmas since 2004. That's abysmal considering they had a bigger wage bill than the Ajax side who reached the CL semi-final a few years back.

The Sevcoooooooooooo moon howling mentality has finished them as any kind of serious club on the European stage, they exist now to hate Rangers and not much else.

Not sure if I'd class their quadruple treble as being meaningless.

I'd agree that it's not exactly meaningless - just slightly less meaningful than Lincoln Red Imps quintuple treble.

How many people at the top table of European football actually care that the Imps won the national treble of League title, Rock Cup and Senior Cup in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008?

Answer - very few, if any, due to the level of competition or approximately the same number who care about celtics tainted quadruple treble.

More titles, however they all come with an asterisk and after the debacle that followed 2011, I vowed not recognise any of their tainted titles until we got 55. To me they’re still on 40 odd titles. Long way behind.

I'd agree that it's not exactly meaningless - just slightly less meaningful than Lincoln Red Imps quintuple treble.

How many people at the top table of European football actually care that the Imps won the national treble of League title, Rock Cup and Senior Cup in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008?

Answer - very few, if any, due to the level of competition or approximately the same number who care about celtics tainted quadruple treble.
Could say that for any league in the world but if we're being honest.

How many people in world football really care about domestic honours for any team outside the top 4 or 5 leagues?

I know I don't! I don't even care about Bayern or Juventus winning 'X' amount of titles in a row but it doesn't exactly make it 'meaningless'.

Still get to shout SEVCO

Could say that for any league in the world but if we're being honest.

How many people in world football really care about domestic honours for any team outside the top 4 or 5 leagues?

I know I don't! I don't even care about Bayern or Juventus winning 'X' amount of titles in a row but it doesn't exactly make it 'meaningless'.
I didn't say it was meaningless though did I?

However most of their own fans in the immediate aftermath of losing "the 10" acknowledged it was meaningless - they were phoning the likes of SSB moaning that everything that went before, the trophies, the 9, the trebles, were all for nothing and only the 10 actually mattered. It was only later that they started citing 9 and the quadruple treble as some sort of achievement. Almost as if it was some sort of comfort blanket for them in the absence of their holy grail.

Ultimately it's only meaningful, like Lincoln Red Imps quintuple treble, to those who care - I don't.

Not really - back then all the clubs we played were full time whereas when they did theirs in the 60s/70s a majority were part-time and the Souness effect had put money in everyone's pockets during our Nine and the squads they had to face were very well paid and strong compared to now.
Also during our 9, most of the top teams in Scotland had Scottish internationalists in their sides at a point when Scotland were qualifying for major tournaments.

It's all about levels.

Regardless of the achievements they have acclaimed, at what cost hundreds of innocent victims, lives ruined and affected. What a price for their so called success, shameless charlatans. Tarnished by the conduct and controversy surrounding that cesspit. All the youngsters wanted to play professional football? NDA'S and denials to this very day, unforgivable. Never forgotten.

Sporting integrity was Scottish football's biggest ever con by the mhob leading to unchallenged tainted titles and Champions league monies year after year but it got them nowhere financially with all the unmerited millions wasted on players who were never needed.

I didn't say it was meaningless though did I?

However most of their own fans in the immediate aftermath of losing "the 10" acknowledged it was meaningless - they were phoning the likes of SSB moaning that everything that went before, the trophies, the 9, the trebles, were all for nothing and only the 10 actually mattered. It was only later that they started citing 9 and the quadruple treble as some sort of achievement. Almost as if it was some sort of comfort blanket for them in the absence of their holy grail.

Ultimately it's only meaningful, like Lincoln Red Imps quintuple treble, to those who care - I don't.
They would gladly give away the 4 x trebles for that one extra league title for the tainted 10!

I think I'd tend to disagree on that one also tbh.

The 9IAR of there's is a pathetic one no doubt but there 4 trebles is an achievement whether we like it or not.

Just look at our domestic cup record over the last few seasons if you took them out of it for the next 4 seasons I wouldn't be putting my house on us doing it that's for sure.
They should be ashamed of themselves for not winning everything while we weren't there, if it was us in the position that they were in i would have been raging if we hadn't won every single domestic trophy & had a decent run in europe

It can't even have been that enjoyable, with no tension and the outcome inevitable every year. Their success wasn't even built on some football dynasty either, just going through the motions because of our situation.

We were at least always moving forward with goals to achieve all the way back to the top.
I disagree.

The filth do not want competition.

They simply want (and got for a while) a hampered and financially bereft Rangers and the rest just taking it up the jacksie. I don't remember too many dissenting yahoo voices at the splendour of it all.

These c--ts could have played a group of handicapped kids in Rangers tops, run up a cricket score and announce it as a result for thellik cavalier football.

They have seriously screwed up an opportunity to put themselves light years ahead of us, instead they built a house of cards ....

Back