Timplosion

Your going soft with age ,get them down and stand on their necks .no sympathy
After the last 9 years I will never feel a tiny bit of sympathy no matter what happens to the poets. I said after we went into admin I wouldn’t wish it on any other football fan but, after seeing how they acted, I’d dance about in front of them while their team went out of existence for good.

Just spent the last 20 mins on their Barkas thread, some highlights:

Like having a poly bag in nets... pointless even being there... saves nothing and doesn't even look like saving anything. Uncanny habit of diving and landing right on the same spot.

Going to be telling ghost stories about this guy for years. "Some say you can still see him on snowy nights, standing rooted to the ground, waiting to make one save... just one save..."

We are in January and you can count his saves on one hand.

Like a wee dweeb that's missed the last bus home from the Cathouse. All that's missing is the Fear Factory t-shirt and wallet chain.

The penny will finally drop for the deniers soon enough. Was obvious from the off he was a disciple of the Doris Dr Vries school of goalkeeping. Useless, useless piece of driftwood.

Like a lego minifigure of a goalkeeper.Looks similar but not much use in reality.

He's Superman and the ball is his kryptonite. A disaster of a signing and whoever recommended him needs emptied along with the manager and the whole coaching staff.

He reminds me of Trainspotting when Spud goes in goals at the fives.

Tampa-Bay-600-400.jpg
The wee dog is better dressed.
Okay, that's not difficult, I know, but still.

Just spent the last 20 mins on their Barkas thread, some highlights:

Like having a poly bag in nets... pointless even being there... saves nothing and doesn't even look like saving anything. Uncanny habit of diving and landing right on the same spot.

Going to be telling ghost stories about this guy for years. "Some say you can still see him on snowy nights, standing rooted to the ground, waiting to make one save... just one save..."

We are in January and you can count his saves on one hand.

Like a wee dweeb that's missed the last bus home from the Cathouse. All that's missing is the Fear Factory t-shirt and wallet chain.

The penny will finally drop for the deniers soon enough. Was obvious from the off he was a disciple of the Doris Dr Vries school of goalkeeping. Useless, useless piece of driftwood.

Like a lego minifigure of a goalkeeper.Looks similar but not much use in reality.

He's Superman and the ball is his kryptonite. A disaster of a signing and whoever recommended him needs emptied along with the manager and the whole coaching staff.

He reminds me of Trainspotting when Spud goes in goals at the fives.

Oh man... that's better than anything I could have come up with. B-D B-D B-D

T
My money's on Steve Clarke after the Euros.

They still haven't lost to another Scottish side other than us so Lennon will be allowed to limp to the end of the season.
There are 14 games remaining in the league - They can still win it IF Rangers lose 5 of those games, and they run the table - ie. not just go undefeated - but WIN all 14 games. At what point does Desmond decide to pull the plug? It makes little sense to keep Lennon on when in reality there is nothing left to play for.

T

There are 14 games remaining in the league - They can still win it IF Rangers lose 5 of those games, and they run the table - ie. not just go undefeated - but WIN all 14 games. At what point does Desmond decide to pull the plug? It makes little sense to keep Lennon on when in reality there is nothing left to play for.

they’ll have to shift him before what will be absolute carnage on the season ticket front if they don’t! To that end I think he will be toast sooner rather than later!

they’ll have to shift him before what will be absolute carnage on the season ticket front if they don’t! To that end I think he will be toast sooner rather than later!
Its brilliant - the whole replacement manager new coaching staff and player gig will cost them big time - perhaps they get a refund on 10IR merch and a couple of quid for the unused disco lights

Wouldn't be surprised if Herr Lawell departed too. He's lost control of the press, his influence in the corridors of the SFA and SPL can't be anything but diminished now that his club is in freefall, undoubtedly more to come with child rape, no doubt a hugely damaged ego with the apology (and still backlash) and not really much good to come on the field.

It would be quite a shift for Howe to make from the genteel environs of Bournemouth to Glasgow's east end and all the pressure that would go with such a move.

Virtually all of his playing and managerial career has been spent at Bournemouth, aside from a very brief stint up north as manager of Burnley, where he bailed out for what where described as 'personal reasons'. I just can't see Howe and celtic as a good fit - I think he'd be another Ronny Deila.

It would be quite a shift for Howe to make from the genteel environs of Bournemouth to Glasgow's east end and all the pressure that would go with such a move.

Virtually all of his playing and managerial career has been spent at Bournemouth, aside from a very brief stint up north as manager of Burnley, where he bailed out for what where described as 'personal reasons'. I just can't see Howe and celtic as a good fit - I think he'd be another Ronny Deila.
His mother died in March 2012. He left Burnley 6 months later, as I understand it, to be nearer family. I don’t buy the homesick stuff that gets suggested.

For all that, he doesn’t have the strength of character to cope with an OF job.

Disagree on both but appreciate I’m biased, but I think soro gives it away as much as he wins it back but also never seems to get them going forward. The last couple of games he’s went for 30 yarders because he scored against Dundee United which the keeper should have saved.

Turnbull is talented, but they are pinning their hopes on him being their main man and if he is their main man we nothing to worry about.

Turnbull has 4 less goal contributions that Ianis Hagi in the league so far, despite Hagi having played less minutes.

Hagi has also done far more in Europe and turned bigger matches (Braga and Celtic).

That's what superior scouting gets you.

There aren't many decent managers available at the moment, Nigel Pearson is available, he did a really good job at Leicester, it was him that built the squad that won the league, but hope celtic don't go for him as he might actually be a good appointment.
He and TLB could go to anger management sessions together, then post lockdown, head out for a few beers and a fight.

Turnbull has 4 less goal contributions that Ianis Hagi in the league so far, despite Hagi having played less minutes.

Hagi has also done far more in Europe and turned bigger matches (Braga and Celtic).

That's what superior scouting gets you.
Given all the 'wonder boy' stuff we've read about Turnbull recently (and I do think he's a decent player) I had to go check on that. And you are absolutely correct. Premier League stats from Transfermarkt:

Starts: Hagi 13, Turnbull 14
Minutes Played: Hagi 1175 mins, Turnbull 1218 mins
Goals: Hagi 3, Turnbull 5
Assists Hagi 8, Turnbull 2

Yet one is hailed as their saviour and certain starter and the other, by many, as a fringe player.

Its brilliant - the whole replacement manager new coaching staff and player gig will cost them big time - perhaps they get a refund on 10IR merch and a couple of quid for the unused disco lights
And will have zero gurantee of doing anything.
It will be spend, spend, spend.

Seriously, what manager would go to a club that throws sharks for dropping a pint here or there.

As the words we are taught as children says.Tho the road be straight and narrow
I believe it is actually: ‘Though the straits be broad or narrow’

Though The Straits Be Broad or Narrow its Follow We Will
Follow We Will
Follow We Will

Though The Straits Be Broad or Narrow
Its Follow We Will
We Will Follow In The Footsteps Of Our Team
God Bless Them

Follow Follow
We Will Follow Rangers Everywhere Anywhere
We Will Follow On.
Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen And Back Again.
If They Go To Dublin We Will Follow On

For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers.
No Not One.
And There Never Shall Be One.

Celtc know All About Their Troubles.
We Will Fight Till The Day Is Done.
For there's Not A Team Like The Glasgow Rangers
No Not One And There Never Shall Be One!

Let’s hope the compensation payouts do that!!!
If they ever come. I've never seen such capitulation from lawyers, courts, government, media and blinkered public. This should have happened years ago. They are the only group I can think of who have not paid the price for such heinous acts. Let's get it done

Follow We Will
Follow We Will

Its Follow We Will
God Bless Them

Follow Follow
We Will Follow On.

No Not One.

Big fat ‘No’ to the ‘Dundee, Hamilton’ line from me mate.:) Not the song I learned.

Follow We Will
Follow We Will

Its Follow We Will
God Bless Them

Follow Follow
We Will Follow On.

No Not One.

For years I thought it was, "Though the streets be broad and narrow" because with our Ulster accents the two words are pronounced identically.:)

Both make perfect sense, mind

Agree with this. Also his record in the transfer market is poor. So here’s hoping he gives it a shot.

They need a MacLeish appointment, someone who can win and reduce wage budget. Hard to find.

Back