Tim's aren't that good

Blueranger45

Everyone of Us knows that.

Every other club in SPFL shits the bed everytime they play them as if they are fcking unbeatable. It's so infuriating.

Watch next Week against Team who knows nothing about them week in week out. Bet they give them a game. Like most of their showings in Europe especially Away from Home.

In this tinpot shitehole everyone else is terrified of them.
proper refs as well, no Clancy and co to be able to influence. Lazio didn't care about the EL, that's why they won the group so easily and looking at Serie A's table, it seems Lazio made the right decision

in a game with us two, I still think with the proper tactics, we'd come out on top but we aren't consistent enough in the league hence the points difference. Obviously throwing away the refs influence which has been talked about

Ian1872

This is nonsense. Folk on here are claiming we are in a good place, better than last season, fewer losses than previous title winning sides, but at the same time, claiming a team 10 points ahead of us are poor.

Let's just focus on our own issues than kidding ourselves on that they are just lucky.

LetsGo

Topped their Europa league group, beat Lazio home and away, only dropped points in 3 games in the league, far more points than this time last year. Anyone who can't admit that they are a good side is deluded. We are a good side too, much improved on last year, we just don't have the strength in depth to consistently go on long winning runs.
Possibly the most pragmatic and realistic post since the 29th December.

Saltire

This is half the battle, playing down the scum whilst believing in our own hype. They’re a better side than most give them credit for, and so they should be, the core of that side have been together for a number of years. Yes, we have played well in spells and can be a right good team on our day, but we’ve achieved f*** all.
Until we get that winning mentality about us then this is going to be the way it is unfortunately. It might only take 1 trophy, the league cup could have been that 1, but we need to win something and soon.

Ares

I've a mate of a mate etc etc who does scouting and analysis for one of the SPFL teams.

After watching them recently he said, at the moment, there's no team anywhere near them in terms of movement and attacking ability in the league.

This guy is most definitely not one of them and said it pained him to say it. He's far more qualified than most on here and that, along with the current evidence ie the table, suggests that unfortunately for us that they are actually pretty good. At least in SPFL terms.

We need to up our game big time based on the past few weeks.

govwalker

proper refs as well, no Clancy and co to be able to influence. Lazio didn't care about the EL, that's why they won the group so easily and looking at Serie A's table, it seems Lazio made the right decision

in a game with us two, I still think with the proper tactics, we'd come out on top but we aren't consistent enough in the league hence the points difference. Obviously throwing away the refs influence which has been talked about
Consistency on the park for Us is a factor plus Refereeing consistency the rest of the League are afforded we ain't.

Lazio didn't give two fcks clearly about it. We've taken 4/6 off a CL Quarter Finalist last season. Same with a Dutch Eredivise side as well as a Champions League team in YB's. Plus beaten a decent Legia Team and a half decent Mijdtyland.

DUK_

They just know how to steam roll teams in this league. The other teams are so used to getting battered by them that they approach the games completely different than they do us, for example.

I was saying recently - weirdly, I'm more confident in us against them than am I us against the rest of the league. Whether that be the fact that we have out played them the last few times, or the rest just penning in against us and our lack of ability to break it down. If you asked me tomorrow if, for three points, I fancied us against them or another trip to Rugby Park, I know what I'd pick.

Seems weird saying that but that's where I'm at.

Ronniemca

We rely on one man for our goals and if he's off we're fucked.They won 5-0 last night.Their goals came from their 3 midfielders and their 2 centre halfs.5 goals and not one by their strike force against a team that bullied us and won comfortably. We are nowhere near them so let's stop deluding ourselves

govwalker

This is nonsense. Folk on here are claiming we are in a good place, better than last season, fewer losses than previous title winning sides, but at the same time, claiming a team 10 points ahead of us are poor.

Let's just focus on our own issues than kidding ourselves on that they are just lucky.
Nonsense is it?

Posters should remember Far Better Rangers teams than this one have lost league titles and been beaten by nearly 20 points whilst spending 4/5 times what this side has spent.

Also Far Better Rangers teams have been embarrassed in Europe and been knocked out by August unlike this team last 2 seasons.

Considering where we were in 2012 and even till 2017/18 YES we are in a far better place and position. To suggest otherwise is nonsense as you make out.

Remember when we were really good, on our way to 9 in a row, celtc as a team and club nowhere to be seen for 7 of those seasons?
We couldn't even manage 2 straight trebles. They're heading for their 4th, all 4 of them with us in the same league.

Blue seventy two

Let's be honest here, as painful as it is, they are better than us and have that winning mentality that most of our players just don't have. When they attack from the wing their midfield makes runs into the box to support the French guy, when we attack from the wide positions hardly anybody gets into dangerous positions, we are far too predictable and if the layman can see that then every single manager with a modicum of knowledge knows it too and knows how to counter it.

crookie_bear

Better believe it they are a good team and that so called dud Julien is better than anything we have got. Look, up until recently we were having an exceptional season , fantastic football domestically and in Europe and they still done better.

Ian1872

Nonsense is it?

Posters should remember Far Better Rangers teams than this one have lost league titles and been beaten by nearly 20 points whilst spending 4/5 times what this side has spent.

Also Far Better Rangers teams have been embarrassed in Europe and been knocked out by August unlike this team last 2 seasons.

Considering where we were in 2012 and even till 2017/18 YES we are in a far better place and position. To suggest otherwise is nonsense as you make out.
This thread was not about Rangers, it was a claim that the tarriers are poor.

So yes, unfortunately that is complete nonsense.

CaptainCourageous

They go to places like Pittodrie, Rugby Park, Tynecastle and don't batter an eye lid. We shit the bed.

After a set back they come out guns blazing and put together a run. We huff, puff and splutter.

We are miles off them.

BusbyBear

I’m fed up reading this crap. Both ourselves and them are performing better (in terms of points) this season to last year. There is clear evidence that we as a team have improved under Gerrard. We have came a long way from regularly getting beat comfortably by them and by 5 goals, we have beat them at their midden for the first time in nearly a decade, reached a final, twice reached the group stages in Europe and this year reaching the knockout stages, and are performing better in terms of points this season in the league compared to previous years.

The issue we are having, is that unfortunately they have improved this year. They too have more points at this stage in the season compared to last and look on course to beat last years total. Let’s say they are a crap team, because they clearly are not. They are scudding the dross we have dropped points too. Whether we like it or not they are still ahead of us. When we got Gerrard as manager, most people agreed for us to win the league we had to improve and they had to get worse. We have improved, anyone saying otherwise is either still hurting from the result (which I am too), deluding themselves or a tim. Our biggest problem is that they have not got any worse (in terms of points) since Rogers left.

I am sure I read if we win our remaining games we would finish on 93 points and still not win the league. If that comes to pass, I’m not going to criticise the manager or the players because that’s a fantastic points total for the league That any other year you’d expect to be champions with that total

ML9

What pisses me of is that other teams don't raise their game to the same level as they do v us. Hearts were in our face and deserved their win I didn't see their game but 5-0 suggests a different attitude.

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

Unlike the other posters, I dont buy into this lazio didnt give a damn. At the time it would have been a route into the champs league for them,which they want.

If we had beaten them home and away, we'd have been over the moon with it and I would say that a look at the seria A table tells you they're no mugs.

Whatever porto done last season in the cl matters not a jot. That was then, teams change each year.

They're not a bad side,who we can give a game now,which we couldn't before gerrard,but we cant go on the winning runs they do.

WestEndGer18

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.
FFS they hammered Hearts 5-0 last night. What does that make us.

BlueRambo

Uber staunch OP. we all unrealistically think that about them but it's beginning to make us look like idiots with quotes like that

Renfrew@UKGB&NI

What pisses me of is that other teams don't raise their game to the same level as they do v us. Hearts were in our face and deserved their win I didn't see their game but 5-0 suggests a different attitude.
If you believe these players give up any chance of a nice win bonus,then your not thinking straight. Celtic have a knack of blowing teams away and I feel like theyll do this in most of their games. I dont feel that way with rangers at the moment. Unfortunately I did start to feel it a bit with us, especially after easter rd and then parkhead, but last night was just waiting to happen.

jackstar

Unfortunately they are good enough to be 10 points clear.
Only when teams sit off them, had they got in their faces as they seem to with us then it would make for a better league also our ball retention and passing has been poor,they look as if they're going to score every time they go forward whereas we're so slow it's frustrating, that's what we need to get back to.

BlueDel

The league table doesn't lie. It's an old cliche but its true.
100%. We bottle it against Hearts. They do them by 5.

They are doing what we SHOULD be doing. And they are doing it better than last year too.

Colinstein69

They are better than us at beating the rest, that is all. Head to head, we are more that a match for them. We desperately need to find a way to beat this 'low block', it's something I hoped we would have worked on during the winter break but there's no evidence of that. Whether it's personnel or a system change that's required is debatable but breaking down a packed defence is our achilles heel.

Last edited:

Xavi Hernandez

They’re not great at all. Best 11 v 11 we beat them on the day. We’re also tactically more astute (our European performances prove that).

But they’ve got a hugely impressive, well rounded striker. And they’ve got more strength in depth.
We are tactically more astute? Are you having a laugh? You must be watching a different Rangers team than me.

They have reacted to getting outplayed by us twice in December and changed to a system that no team in this shit league can cope with. Yet we watch the same laborious shite every week trying to break down teams that sit in.

It’s a total myth that this is a poor Celtic team. They have won the last 10 trophies available. God forbid it will probably be 12. We need to wisen up.

Tommy1656

They might not be that good but they've got two diehard Tim's in broon and smellin who hate us, but drive it into there team everyday how they hate us and want us fckd at every chance something we don't have ,we need a durrant mcoist or similar players and unfortunately at this time we don't have them,but with patience it will come.
We have been through some bad times but are proud and true club and shall return.
WATP

WATP3006

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.
Clutching at straws.

Marstonbear

Before Xmas you might be able to make a case that our strongest 11 was a match for theirs.

However, squad wise there is no comparison. They have players on the bench who can come on and make positive contributions. We have players on the bench who no one really wants to see come on and invariably are unable to do anything positive in games that are drawn or we are behind.

We have more players than them in all the Scottish national teams apart from the senior squad. They are not afraid to put youngsters in - Johnston and Frimpong for example

Our use of youngsters is limited to when we play Stranraer. Patterson came in, had a decent game and was bombed out for someone who’ll be leaving on a free in May.

DJ_RFC_1872

On our day we can match them but we shit the bed against these other teams and with no signs of changing anything.