Tim's aren't that good

I’m fed up reading this crap. Both ourselves and them are performing better (in terms of points) this season to last year. There is clear evidence that we as a team have improved under Gerrard. We have came a long way from regularly getting beat comfortably by them and by 5 goals, we have beat them at their midden for the first time in nearly a decade, reached a final, twice reached the group stages in Europe and this year reaching the knockout stages, and are performing better in terms of points this season in the league compared to previous years.

The issue we are having, is that unfortunately they have improved this year. They too have more points at this stage in the season compared to last and look on course to beat last years total. Let’s say they are a crap team, because they clearly are not. They are scudding the dross we have dropped points too. Whether we like it or not they are still ahead of us. When we got Gerrard as manager, most people agreed for us to win the league we had to improve and they had to get worse. We have improved, anyone saying otherwise is either still hurting from the result (which I am too), deluding themselves or a tim. Our biggest problem is that they have not got any worse (in terms of points) since Rogers left.

I am sure I read if we win our remaining games we would finish on 93 points and still not win the league. If that comes to pass, I’m not going to criticise the manager or the players because that’s a fantastic points total for the league That any other year you’d expect to be champions with that total

What pisses me of is that other teams don't raise their game to the same level as they do v us. Hearts were in our face and deserved their win I didn't see their game but 5-0 suggests a different attitude.

Unlike the other posters, I dont buy into this lazio didnt give a damn. At the time it would have been a route into the champs league for them,which they want.

If we had beaten them home and away, we'd have been over the moon with it and I would say that a look at the seria A table tells you they're no mugs.

Whatever porto done last season in the cl matters not a jot. That was then, teams change each year.

They're not a bad side,who we can give a game now,which we couldn't before gerrard,but we cant go on the winning runs they do.

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.
FFS they hammered Hearts 5-0 last night. What does that make us.

Uber staunch OP. we all unrealistically think that about them but it's beginning to make us look like idiots with quotes like that

What pisses me of is that other teams don't raise their game to the same level as they do v us. Hearts were in our face and deserved their win I didn't see their game but 5-0 suggests a different attitude.
If you believe these players give up any chance of a nice win bonus,then your not thinking straight. Celtic have a knack of blowing teams away and I feel like theyll do this in most of their games. I dont feel that way with rangers at the moment. Unfortunately I did start to feel it a bit with us, especially after easter rd and then parkhead, but last night was just waiting to happen.

Unfortunately they are good enough to be 10 points clear.
Only when teams sit off them, had they got in their faces as they seem to with us then it would make for a better league also our ball retention and passing has been poor,they look as if they're going to score every time they go forward whereas we're so slow it's frustrating, that's what we need to get back to.

The league table doesn't lie. It's an old cliche but its true.
100%. We bottle it against Hearts. They do them by 5.

They are doing what we SHOULD be doing. And they are doing it better than last year too.

They are better than us at beating the rest, that is all. Head to head, we are more that a match for them. We desperately need to find a way to beat this 'low block', it's something I hoped we would have worked on during the winter break but there's no evidence of that. Whether it's personnel or a system change that's required is debatable but breaking down a packed defence is our achilles heel.

Last edited:
They’re not great at all. Best 11 v 11 we beat them on the day. We’re also tactically more astute (our European performances prove that).

But they’ve got a hugely impressive, well rounded striker. And they’ve got more strength in depth.

We are tactically more astute? Are you having a laugh? You must be watching a different Rangers team than me.

They have reacted to getting outplayed by us twice in December and changed to a system that no team in this shit league can cope with. Yet we watch the same laborious shite every week trying to break down teams that sit in.

It’s a total myth that this is a poor Celtic team. They have won the last 10 trophies available. God forbid it will probably be 12. We need to wisen up.

They might not be that good but they've got two diehard Tim's in broon and smellin who hate us, but drive it into there team everyday how they hate us and want us fckd at every chance something we don't have ,we need a durrant mcoist or similar players and unfortunately at this time we don't have them,but with patience it will come.
We have been through some bad times but are proud and true club and shall return.
WATP

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.

Clutching at straws.

Before Xmas you might be able to make a case that our strongest 11 was a match for theirs.

However, squad wise there is no comparison. They have players on the bench who can come on and make positive contributions. We have players on the bench who no one really wants to see come on and invariably are unable to do anything positive in games that are drawn or we are behind.

We have more players than them in all the Scottish national teams apart from the senior squad. They are not afraid to put youngsters in - Johnston and Frimpong for example

Our use of youngsters is limited to when we play Stranraer. Patterson came in, had a decent game and was bombed out for someone who’ll be leaving on a free in May.

On our day we can match them but we shit the bed against these other teams and with no signs of changing anything.

They don’t panic like we do , we had the game win as we have others and we chase the game rather than making sure we remain in a winning position. When we take the lead we need to shut up shop and allow the opposition chase the game and hit them with our pace when the opportunity comes not leave holes where we can be punished

Yes they are and they are fairly consistent as well. They also have goals coming from all the areas of the park.

Anyone who says otherwise is in denial. If they aren't that good what does that make us?

After all the celebrating Lennon getting the job thinking he’s shite, I reckon he’s doing better than Rodgers would have had Rodgers stayed.

We should take positives from the fact we beat them, but I think that made us underestimate other teams and since the Hearts loss have not been able to regain our composure. Other teams now smell that weakness and fancy their chances vs us but still fear them.

we were on an equal footing and I think after the break the first to blink would fall apart. I believe had we kept the pressure on a bit longer and they dropped more points the pressure to win 9 would have made them implode, sadly the reverse has happened

I'm embarrassed by these posts. It's like players giving interviews about how we're going to win the league.

Talk is cheap, trophies are all that matter. And until we win trophies, we should shut up about Celtic.
Players dont give interviews saying they are going to win the league. They get baited into answers that suggest they want to win the league, the words are twisted and the headlines are written.

You don’t need to be great to win the spl , you need to beat average teams like Kilmarnock , Aberdeen , hearts etc , and we aren’t doing it often enough.
You can even lose the old firm games , just beat everyone else and will not be far away.
Also to answer your point , if they aren’t a good side then wtf does that make us.

I hate to say it, but they are a good team. Denying it will prove futile and, frankly, the stats don't back up this view. I say this, but i also believe we are a good side. Our points total shows that we would be leading at this stage in most years. We are doing well in Europe. We have the beating of them 1-1. They're a good side, but we're improving (this blip aside). Keep the head, keep the faith. What would be worse right now would be another change at the top.

Couldn’t give a fcuk about the mentally challengeds it’s what we do that matters and unfortunately we are not good enough for some reason and needs addressing asap.

They are a good team, you don’t top your EL group with Lazio in it if you’re not. They also have it spot on when it comes to playing the jobber teams. The only thing is, next season they won’t be as good because of Edouard and Ntcham leaving, two of their best players.

I’d disagree champ. They are a better team, they have a winning mentality and a manager that knows how to win the league as a player and a manager. They have won their EL group and beat a good Lazio team home and away (I think, or drew). They have won the last 10 domestic trophies. This isn’t because of luck, or refereeing decisions, but it’s because they are a good team. We shouldn’t be afraid to be honest about this. We are improving but we aren’t at their level of consistency as yet.

%^*& it, I'll take the hit on staunch points.

Aye, they are actually quite good. They are cuffing teams and playing very good football, and Lennon has managed to change his system after the defeat on the 29th, something Gerrard has been incapable of doing. They finished top of a tough Europa League group and have amassed 8 more points and +18 goal difference on us since the break.

If we want to better them we have to be honest and strive to pull ourselves up to that level, something we were managing to do for 6 months. Delusion does us no favours.
If........and it’s a big if.......we can get back to the standard we displayed on the 29th, the next OF match could be a classic, will be interesting to see if Lennons changes, are enough to beat this rangers team at their best, playing Gerards favoured formation!

The fhilth have a core of international Scottish players that seem to get the tramps obsession with 9/10 in a row, as do their manager. It’s a factor that works in their favour more than we’d like to believe, and it’s something we lack. Ability wise there’s not a huge gulf but those things do contribute over the course of a season.

They are very consistent, much more so than us. 11 v 11 we are better, but that wont win us the league......

After all the celebrating Lennon getting the job thinking he’s shite, I reckon he’s doing better than Rodgers would have had Rodgers stayed.

We should take positives from the fact we beat them, but I think that made us underestimate other teams and since the Hearts loss have not been able to regain our composure. Other teams now smell that weakness and fancy their chances vs us but still fear them.

we were on an equal footing and I think after the break the first to blink would fall apart. I believe had we kept the pressure on a bit longer and they dropped more points the pressure to win 9 would have made them implode, sadly the reverse has happened
Totally agree, it’s the one and only thing that this Celtic team haven’t been tested on, and that’s their bottle.........it’s absolutely gutting that we didn’t keep building the pressure after the break to see if they would crack.

They've won 23 of their 26 fixtures we've won 19 out of 25, they can finish off the rest of the teams in the league were still struggling to beat them, they dont have to be that good, they're just more consistent than us

Last edited:
The delusion in threads created like this. Likely to be 12 trophies unbeaten. The garbage that is posted on here in sheer hope separated from real facts. On a one off we can win. Over a season they are still miles ahead.

Some people are deluded on here

They’ve the best goal difference in Europe and have scored more than anyone else by quite a bit
They romped a Europa group with Lazio, who are absolutely flying in Italy and have a very real chance of ending Juventus’ dominance

We’re actually a good team as well but yet again when the chance to go and actually get over the line and win something is there we’ve bottled it.

Some people are deluded on here

They’ve the best goal difference in Europe and have scored more than anyone else by quite a bit
They romped a Europa group with Lazio, who are absolutely flying in Italy and have a very real chance of ending Juventus’ dominance

We’re actually a good team as well but yet again when the chance to go and actually get over the line and win something is there we’ve bottled it.

Aye but mate that's only because Lazio weren't trying....according to some on here.

We've made a c.unt of it, they've kept on winning, we only have ourselves to blame.

Yip, they are pish..... oh wait a minute, 10 points ahead, lost one of last 17 games, cruising to title.

They are winners, they know how to kick on after winters break and tie up title with minimum fuss.

At this exact moment I wish we were as pish as them.

Too many on here were celebrating him getting the job. Well from what I can see, they're a better team this season than last.

They romped the el group and afforded themselves a couple of rest games. We didnt, basically we were kept at it till the last kick of the group. That's not a criticism of us. We done well getting out that group and to be honest I didnt expect it.

No they are not that good but they are better than us. They destroy teams we either draw with or get beat. Their goal difference is vastly superior to us not just the points margin.

They are a very good team, and so are we. Both of us showed in our European runs in tough groups that we are no mugs.
They just have that level of consistency we have not found yet. Once we find that we will see what thier bottle is like. Until we find that they will continue to win.

The hatred of Lennon has clouded people opinion of him as a manager.

Unfortunately they have improve from last season with better performances in Europe and likely point increase.

Back