Tim's aren't that good

For all the lols dished out when Lennon got the job, I was not one of them I hasten to add, he’s got a 81% win rate at Celtic this spell.

Incredible consistency.

Bonkers thread, and it doesn't make anybody feel any better. Once the mentally challengeds go a goal up the game is 99% done, and that's the difference, just my opinion.

One thing is absolutely certain. They don’t play against the same commitment and effort from opponents as we do. Anyone who can’t see that is either in denial or needs to get their eyes tested.
It is just another form of cheating up here. Nothing less

Oh dear! Oh dear, oh dear!!!

3904932487_54cce78f13.jpg

The major difference between us and them is they are ruthless, they will go to Aberdeen this weekend and treat them how they should be treated, destroy and get down the road

We go to likes of Aberdeen etc and treat them as if we are playing Real Madrid and ensure we get a tough game

Yip no doubt teams are more up for playing us but a large part of that is the fact we’ve shown we can be vulnerable and be beaten, they haven’t and teams fear them far more than they do us

If the filth aren’t that good then am afraid we are just utter shite.They beat the jobbers easily whilst we struggle to even get a point.

The major difference between us and them is they are ruthless, they will go to Aberdeen this weekend and treat them how they should be treated, destroy and get down the road

We go to likes of Aberdeen etc and treat them as if we are playing Real Madrid and ensure we get a tough game

Yip no doubt teams are more up for playing us but a large part of that is the fact we’ve shown we can be vulnerable and be beaten, they haven’t and teams fear them far more than they do us
doesn't help that those same Aberdeen players that defended as if their very lives were on the line against us, throwing themselves into tackles, and playing like men possessed wont give a fraction of that effort at the weekend. their results since their draw more or less confirm that - Hamilton aside

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.

This thread is all that’s wrong with too many rangers fans these days. We have to take it on the chin but Celtic are light years ahead of us on and off the park. The continual quotes of “They are not that good” makes me laugh. They have a team of serial winners with the added quality of julien, McGregor and edouard running through the spine of their team. Throw in Christie, and to a lesser degree Forrest but they change quality with quality something we might not be able to do due to the lack of income over the previous 8 years.
We had a very good first half of the season but premature celebrations coupled with not bringing a proper quality front player to either play alongside Morelos in a differing formation or as an able replacement has cost us.
But to many fans are to bitter to admit that Celtic have a good team but a much stronger squad. Only tav, jack and Morelos would get near there squad on the showings this season. Let’s be honest we may have 4 centre half’s but none of them are as commanding and dominant as Julien has been. Morelos has been unbelievable for us but he still doesn’t possess the all round game that edouard has. The ability to bring other players into the game, the unselfish side that just puts him ahead of Alfredo. Morelos may score more goals but over the last 4/5 games he has looked bang average where as edouard has looked like a player who can step up to a higher level.
I still believe we are closing the gap and once Gerrard realises we need to adopt a plan B sometimes then I think we can get back on track.
Hopefully Brenda comes and takes a couple of their players in the summer and they replace them with inferior players.
we need to get behind the manager and trust in him. He is a born winner and won’t settle for players he knows aren’t up to the job.

The Tim's are actually not as good as they are made out to be. We could all see it before the winter break yet other teams couldn't / wouldn't act on it. They are the same team now as they were then albeit with 2 up front since coming back from the winter break. Even though they shouldn't have the option to go 2 up front as griffiths stamp should definitely have seen him facing a ban. Not to mention other flash points he's been involved in since coming back.
They dont need to be when we are continually shitting the bed against the rest of the dregs.

This thread is all that’s wrong with too many rangers fans these days. We have to take it on the chin but Celtic are light years ahead of us on and off the park. The continual quotes of “They are not that good” makes me laugh. They have a team of serial winners with the added quality of julien, McGregor and edouard running through the spine of their team. Throw in Christie, and to a lesser degree Forrest but they change quality with quality something we might not be able to do due to the lack of income over the previous 8 years.
We had a very good first half of the season but premature celebrations coupled with not bringing a proper quality front player to either play alongside Morelos in a differing formation or as an able replacement has cost us.
But to many fans are to bitter to admit that Celtic have a good team but a much stronger squad. Only tav, jack and Morelos would get near there squad on the showings this season. Let’s be honest we may have 4 centre half’s but none of them are as commanding and dominant as Julien has been. Morelos has been unbelievable for us but he still doesn’t possess the all round game that edouard has. The ability to bring other players into the game, the unselfish side that just puts him ahead of Alfredo. Morelos may score more goals but over the last 4/5 games he has looked bang average where as edouard has looked like a player who can step up to a higher level.
I still believe we are closing the gap and once Gerrard realises we need to adopt a plan B sometimes then I think we can get back on track.
Hopefully Brenda comes and takes a couple of their players in the summer and they replace them with inferior players.
we need to get behind the manager and trust in him. He is a born winner and won’t settle for players he knows aren’t up to the job.
They are not "light years ahead" on the park....4 times, arguably 5 times, in the last 18 months we have rinsed them for 90 minutes beating them 3 times and being robbed blind in a cup final.

They are consistent and we arent.

Same p1sh thread every week.
They are not that good.

No they are not, but they have a far greater winning mentality than we do. That's what matters most.

Don’t mix opium and alcohol mate.

Can’t believe some people still have their heads buried in the sand, the same people will still be saying the same the next time we bottle another match in the league or are papped out the Scottish cup.

They may not be great, but they are consistent, and that's our downfall, on our day we're a top side, but lack the consistency that a title winning squad has.

Since they lost to Livi, I believe they have won 22 out of 23 domestic games, the one loss was of course to us, however their consistency and winning mentality is the key.

The go to Pittodrie, Tynecastle and Rugby Park and win with ease, that’s the massive difference between them and us.
They certainly do and that is the massive difference

People going on about teams only trying against us and not them have to realise that they have a fear factor about them. They've been dominating for years and teams don't believe they can beat them and are scared of them.

With us teams know we will pass the ball around without much urgency and allow them to get 11 men behind ball and if they can hold out chances are they can counter and get points.Teams see we can be beaten.

Of course the standard of refereeing doesn't help but if we were quicker at moving ball forward and actually trying to finish games early rather than trying to pass the ball in to the net then we wouldn't need to worry about the refs so much.

They are on 70 points after 26 games.
They are on course for a 102 point season.

It's largely irrelevant whether they are "that good" or not.

If you came to most of us at the start of this season and said "it will take 103 points to win the league" then I reckon the majority on the forum would have been thinking we are not capable of matching that.

We can definitely beat them again in head to heads this season but honestly I think it would be better for us in the long run if that happens in the cup, preferably the final.

What seems to be happening is that we are raising our game big time in Europe and against them and scaping by elsewhere but they are actually raising their game against the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell week after week to the extent that it doesn't really matter how they do against us.

Remember when we were really good, on our way to 9 in a row, celtc as a team and club nowhere to be seen for 7 of those seasons?
We couldn't even manage 2 straight trebles. They're heading for their 4th, all 4 of them with us in the same league.
The standard of other SPL teams now is far far poorer than back in the day of our achievements

The filth do not require to be ‘that good’, hence entrusting the last two legs of the ‘ten’ to popcorn teeth. Gerrard has been embarrassed by Steve Clarke (I suspect his influence was all over the other nights game), Mcinnes and assorted dross coaches at a rapidly sinking Hearts.

Add to that the fact that referees are the insurance policy for the filth should SG started bossing the league. Through a combination of Gerrards set up/tactics, the boards inertia in terms of calling out the corruption which is undoubtedly costing us points and the fact that Lennon has the luxury of playing a very attacking formation perhaps because teams lack the intensity toward them.

Gerrard is practicing the same experiment time after time and expecting a different set of results which is the definition of insanity. He requires to change things now, up the intensity play Kamberi up with Alfie as a second striker which would allow us to be more direct. This endless, unproductive possession and laborious passing is yielding us very little in terms of goals, teams have worked us out.

We require to move the ball front to back much more urgently and use our superior fitness to press and manipulate teams out of their defensive shape. As a club we must take our evidence with proper representation to the powers that be and say enough is enough!!

They get results, we dont. If they arent playing well the now - what will they be like when they are? We arent exactly playing great and we make out we have been.

No their not very good. They've won 17 of last18 league games. They won the League Cup. Theyve won 10 domestic trophies in a row.They topped their group in the EL. No, their not very good.
They have a captain who will do anything to help his team win. They have midfielders like Ntcham and McGregor who are skillful and physical. A big striker who plays for the team, rather than shooting from everywhere. Get your head out the sand

They are not "light years ahead" on the park....4 times, arguably 5 times, in the last 18 months we have rinsed them for 90 minutes beating them 3 times and being robbed blind in a cup final.

They are consistent and we arent.
Being consistent is literally what makes a team good. That’s why league titles are so hard to win. It takes relentless consistency over a 9 month period.

Anyone can be good in one-off cup finals or derby games. Focusing on those alone is a diddy team mentality. They’re better than us at the moment because they perform almost every week. We don’t.

Same p1sh thread every week.
They are not that good.

No they are not, but they have a far greater winning mentality than we do. That's what matters most.
Winners know how to win, and i could actually vomit. My wee heart is breaking.

they are good enough
we can take points of them but they
are still 10 points ahead.
ffs imagine where we would be if they were good then.

Personally I think Julien is a diddy. He's an arial threat at set pieces, but with regard to his defensive qualities, 7m? No thanks.

They are benefitting from consistency in playing staff, a bunch of players who have been winning everything in sight without challenge for how many years? They've managed to change their manager and the players just keep on going. They have that winning mentality and are brushing sides away with ease. Not all of that is down to teams not trying a leg against them.

Was it Souness who always said he didn't care if we lost to them four times a season so long as we won the league? I'd take that right now.

The fact is no other team out with us gives the same effort against them or able to apply the same aggression that is shown against us.

And yet they're ahead of us and steamrolling teams - we're struggling against everyone and very looking like they give a %^*&.

Lets just focus on the mess our team is at the moment. Lets get the manager to waken up and figure out tactics and in game management and the players to get a bit of energy and effort around them. We can't even beat the bottom of the league team at the moment never mind worrying about the team at the top.

doesn't help that those same Aberdeen players that defended as if their very lives were on the line against us, throwing themselves into tackles, and playing like men possessed wont give a fraction of that effort at the weekend. their results since their draw more or less confirm that - Hamilton aside

I agree, however as I said they are scared of playing Celtic because Celtic have treated them with complete contempt, we on other hand have allowed them to believe we can be got at

Yeah, because if we were sitting with a 10 point lead with a trophy in the bag after winning 3 trebels in a row, you would be saying the exact same thing about us..thought not...

I don't care how good they are.

Right now, they're better than us. And that's the problem.

Hands up anyone who thinks they're going to drop 8 points against Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock?

I agree with your statement but they don’t need to be good. They just need to be better than us. Since new year I’m afraid that’s a given

They are nothing special but are on course got a quadruple treble what does that say about us and the rest of Scottish football

Our problem isn't Celtic being better than us. We have shown that we can beat them and and beat them fairly comfortably.

Our problem is consistency and mentality against the likes of Killie, Aberdeen and now Hearts.

There is no point beating them at Parkhead if we consistently sh!t the bed against Killie at Rugby Park.

What's the evidence to say that they aren't that good? They're currently sitting with a considerable gap at the top and are blowing away teams that we are struggling to beat by a goal. Recognising that they are doing well doesn't make you any less of Rangers fan.

Between our best 11’s, it’s close as we’ve seen in the matches this year. Unfortunately our quality off the bench and to cover for injuries drops off significantly compared to there’s. We are very reliant on Tav and BB to create chances and space. The replacements don’t offer much at all. If one of those players is injured, we are one-sided going forward, and that’s much easier for the lesser teams to defend against.

What's the evidence to say that they aren't that good? They're currently sitting with a considerable gap at the top and are blowing away teams that we are struggling to beat by a goal. Recognising that they are doing well doesn't make you any less of Rangers fan.

Romped there europa league group with a game to spare too. Their shite tho.

They may not be a very good team, but we are 10 points behind, so where does that leave us relative to them?
However, the way forward is for us to improve and beat other teams on a consistent basis.

We’ve improved since last season, but unfortunately so have they.
We all hoped Rogers leaving and Lennon coming in would be a train wreck, but he’s galvanised a squad that was starting to get a bit stale.

Back