Tims get 18,500 fans in for friendly vs West Ham on Saturday.

Yes, but they're then looking at 24k for their first home league game, which is in effect their 4th game

the 18.5 they get for WH, should be equatable to our 12.7 for RM - which equates to around 24.9% of our capacity
It doesn’t work like that. I agree though that they should only get an equivalent to us in % terms for their league games until the restrictions come off, so not 24,000.

It doesn’t work like that. I agree though that they should only get an equivalent to us in % terms for their league games until the restrictions come off, so not 24,000.
We're both getting incremental increases in attendances though as number of home games move on - that much is obvious

If you're going to make a comparison, it has to be like for like. Their 3rd home game with a crowd is West Ham, ours is Real Madrid. Those are the equatable games IMO

so we are getting approx 33% and they're getting 40% allowance.
that 7% may not seem a lot to some but for us it would mean an extra £100k in ticket sales for us.
Not really, realistically tickets for the league games are already sold until we're back at 100% capacity

A farce from their end also. Whyy did they only get 9,000 for a match that matters but yet it's doubled for a meaningless match only 4 days later.

Both Rangers and Celtic fans need to agree that the SNP have no idea what they're doing and start going hard at them.

We're both getting incremental increases in attendances though as number of home games move on - that much is obvious

If you're going to make a comparison, it has to be like for like. Their 3rd home game with a crowd is West Ham, ours is Real Madrid. Those are the equatable games IMO
If that's the case it's based on absolutely nothing then. It's either safe or it's not. If it's safe for them one day it should be safe for us also. Any attempt to argue that point is clearly nonsense.

Possibly because we have two games with around 20k fans combined. If they sanctioned us to have 18k on both days then the scum would be kicking off about earnings

Be friendlies being announced everyday to recoup earnings lost

Possibly because we have two games with around 20k fans combined. If they sanctioned us to have 18k on both days then the scum would be kicking off about earnings
I don't see why it's anyone else's business how many friendlies we are having. If it isn't about safety they can mind their own business.

This - or something similar.

They started with 2000 for their first game as a 'tester'. We did likewise. They then ramped up to circa 9000 for their second game. We follow that with a similar number v Brighton. We then jump ahead with the Real game, where we get an increase to circa 12,000. I'd argue the Dhims should, therefore, be getting circa 12,000 v West Ham. We then get circa 17,000 v Livi and they should be getting roughly that for their first home league match as well, not the over 24,000 quoted.

I'm not sure if they have a financial benefit from the increased crowd v West Ham. Do they not include friendlies in their ST? Similarly, when we get to league games with restricted attendances they will all be paid up season ticket holders so no real financial gain there either.

Last edited:
I don’t care if they have a full stadium. And I don’t care if they have a full stadium purely for the GCC employees that have made the decision.

But I do care that we’re not being treated the same. And I’m sure if it was vice versa, they’d be saying the same. We all just want to be treated equally.

This - or something similar.

They started with 2000 for their first game as a 'tester'. We did likewise. They then ramped up to circa 9000 for their second game. We follow that with a similar number v Brighton. We then jump ahead with the Real game, where we get an increase to circa 12,000. I'd argue the Dhims should, therefore, be getting circa 12,000 v West Ham. We then get circa 17,000 v Livi and they should be getting roughly that for their first home league match as well, not the over 18,000 quoted.

I'm not sure if they have a financial benefit from the increased crowd v West Ham. Do they not include friendlies in their ST? Similarly, when we get to league games with restricted attendances they will all be paid up season ticket holders so no real financial gain there either.
They give their STH West Ham free as an additional benefit this season

Preston and Midtyllland were part of their ST

Lets pile more venom into a stadium where there has been complaints of fans being told to take f()ckin wash.

We need answers

Absolutely scandalous. Perhaps they just have people who are far better negotiators than we do though. Some internal (club) analysis of these conversations may be required too.

That’s not part of the legal framework though and remember the Arsenal game was under level 2 rules, not the level 0 ones now in operation. It’s not a direct comparison.

I don't see why it's anyone else's business how many friendlies we are having. If it isn't about safety they can mind their own business.

The friendlies were arranged long before there was any indication that fans may even have been possible or not.

Nothing stopping others doing the exact same thing.

We shouldn't just be demanding equal treatment.
We should be naming those on the committee who make these decisions and highlighting any links they have to Celtic, either in business or as supporters.

Not good enough saying they are "scientists" and we can't question them.

Oh furr gawds sakes, the entire fiasco ios just political theatre!

It isn't science, it isn't health and safety and it isn't anything to do with a caring government concerned about its citizens.
It is about third rate nonentities sitting in overpaid unnecessary jobs at taxpayers expense, posturing like ten bob dictators and wielding power for no other reason than to puff up their self-importance.

Wake up, you are being governed by clowns, and worse, clowns that actually hate you!!!

Absolutely scandalous. Perhaps they just have people who are far better negotiators than we do though. Some internal (club) analysis of these conversations may be required too.

It’s GCC and Them. There will be zero ‘negotiation’ involved.

We are talking about the same GCC that give them cheap land and stadium renovations at the drop of a hat.

Meanwhile we have to fight tooth and nail for them to give an inch on just about anything.

So they get 29.74% of the capacity of the piggery and we get 15.74% capacity of Ibrox. Makes sense if you’re a bhigot.

I suspect there’s a big game of “%^*& you” going on behind closed doors, there will be dialogue between club and authorities but I imagine it’s not overly friendly and these petty actions of the GCC are a result.

Shambles

But unexpected - it's GCC making decisions here, and we know the relationship between them and Ibrox

If they were equal %'s then fair enough but they're not.

I'd also understand if the argument was that as you increase capacity, you get better understanding of how it runs, so you need to build up

But that doesn't explain how they go from 2 > 9 > 18.5, and in the same 3 game span we go from 2 > 8.5 > 12.75
I would suggest that this isn't fully gcc issue

I think the club is pushing thred numbers as well with the work on edminston house the Broomloan side being used for equip storage.

I don't think the club wants that many fans around until they can move it

It's a joke, but not in the slightest surprising. I'm sure the club could ask for an explanation, but they'll probably just be ignored, or Nikla won't recall the reason.

Joe Mangel will be hoping for all three points in front of a crowd like that.

Back