Tino Werner - Possibly Chelsea Bound?

Sebo23

Edit: Timo that should read.

After all the speculation that he's Liverpool bound, German media reporting that Werner is now likely to sign for Chelsea. He has a release cause that expires in a couple of weeks & Liverpool have reportedly baulked at the set price.

Would be a good signing if true, Ziyech & Werner are 2 very good attacking signings on paper.

Last edited:
Anybody phoned Leipzig and offered a swap with Morelos?

Seriously though the guy looks class, will maybe have one more stab at Bundesliga with RB then move IMO.

I can imagine that Liverpool would have hoped to pay below the release clause. I wouldn't rule them out just yet, Chelsea moving like this might just panic Liverpool into moving as well.

Seems a far better all round player than Haaland but cannot see it being Chelsea with Abraham, Giroud, Pedro, William, Pulisic, Ziyech, Mount already there

He's a weird player every time I've seen him.

Cracking goal scoring record, young and full of potential, yet when I watched him, he's either been excellent or stinking. Doesn't seem to be much inbetween in the games I watched.
I like him a lot and his record is phenomenal, whenever I’ve watched him in big games (WC) for example he reminded of Franny Jeffers in the sense that he didn’t do anything, nothing bad nor good, just nothing. That said I do enjoy watching him this season and he seems to have gone up a level again. I wonder if Stuttgart have any sell on fees.

My mate is a London born chelsea fan and said Matt law is usually very reliable, interesting. I still think havertz suits Liverpool more in my opinion.

Seems a far better all round player than Haaland but cannot see it being Chelsea with Abraham, Giroud, Pedro, William, Pulisic, Ziyech, Mount already there

Werner, Abraham, Giroud as the main strikers in order.

Ziyech will be a long term replacement for William who may go it appears.

Pedro will definitely go and Pulisic will be in and around the squad I reckon as they lack options on the left hand side.

Pedro & Willian will leave at the end of season as they are out of contract, & Giroud will only be back up.

My mate is a London born chelsea fan and said Matt law is usually very reliable, interesting. I still think havertz suits Liverpool more in my opinion.
Havertz looks like he's be suited to Real, Barca, Liverpool, Man City to replace Silva the lads special. Looking forward to see him and Leverkusen up against Bayern on Saturday

Havertz looks like he's be suited to Real, Barca, Liverpool, Man City to replace Silva the lads special. Looking forward to see him and Leverkusen up against Bayern on Saturday
It’s the false 9 role he plays that makes me think he’s perfect to replace Firmino when the time comes. I will be finishing work as sharp as I can at 2 to make sure I see the game. I think Leverkusen might give them a game.

Pedro and William are both our of contract this summer, Pedro is off to Roma if rumours are to be believed.

Interesting as he looked set to go to Liverpool.

I wonder if he's talking to Chelsea to force Liverpool into making a bid.

Chelsea is a bit of a strikers' graveyard. Only Drogba and to a fashion Costa have really lit up there since they became bankrolled.

Cracking player. Will be good to have him in the PL.

Edit: Timo that should read.

After all the speculation that he's Liverpool bound, German media reporting that Werner is now likely to sign for Chelsea. He has a release cause that expires in a couple of weeks & Liverpool have reportedly baulked at the set price.

Would be a good signing if true, Ziyech & Werner are 2 very good attacking signings on paper.

He'd be a fucking idiot to sign for them

200k a week.

Young side.

Two or three quality players more and shift out Jorginho who is ok but a bit slow for that league and things looking quite good for Chelsea.

He is quality. I am extremely surprised Chelsea have managed to get him. All the top teams in Europe are looking for young goal scorers.

great signing for them.

Leicester looking for nearly 90 million for Chilwell. Can see Chelsea looking at the Porto or Ajax left back instead and trying to get Sancho or Havertz.

Liverpool making a mistake not moving for Werner.

Big signing for Chelsea who already have Ziyech and are linked with a number of other players; Chilwell, Sancho, Koulibaly, ter-Stegen, Bernardeschi.

Good signing that for Chelsea. Guaranteed game time and 200k a week is too good to turn down.

Although Liverpool were always his first choice if they met the release clause but weren’t willing to pay the reported £50 million.

200k a week.

Young side.

Two or three quality players more and shift out Jorginho who is ok but a bit slow for that league and things looking quite good for Chelsea.

Said last year at the time I think the transfer ban would have been good for Chelsea long term, being forced to play the young guys with a bit less pressure. They now have a years experience & some are looking good.

What obviously I didn't envisage was the Pandemic, & Chelsea might be 1 of the main clubs who are actually cash rich, with the Hazard & Morata money & not being able to spend last year. Its a buyers market & they could take full advantage. Things looking good for them.

He's a weird player every time I've seen him.

Cracking goal scoring record, young and full of potential, yet when I watched him, he's either been excellent or stinking. Doesn't seem to be much inbetween in the games I watched.

Yes, despite all of those goals I’m not 100% he will shine in England.

Read that down here in the standard this evening .His 53 million clause in his contract expires on the 15th of June .Looks like Lampard wants chilwell as well.

My German mate txt me this news earlier saying Werner had held talks with Lampard. Think he would be good for Chelsea but where would he fit in if he went to Liverpool?

My German mate txt me this news earlier saying Werner had held talks with Lampard. Think he would be good for Chelsea but where would he fit in if he went to Liverpool?

Think for Liverpool it would be a rotational thing. He would have got plenty game time as he can play across the front 3 & it would allow Klopp to rest his current front 3, plus if AFCON goes ahead next January then Liverpool will lose both Salah & Mane to it.

He'll be a cracking signing for someone, I thought he'd be set for Bayern, can play all across the front, would have been an ideal replacement long term for Muller.

Probably looking to play as a main striker so Chelsea would be ideal although I thought Liverpool were interested as well.

They’ll need 3 or 4 more of that quality to challenge seriously. Thought he was a cert for Liverpool tbh

Back