Tiny complaint about (excellent) new website

Another slack one...

RANGERS can confirmed the permanent signing of Ianis Hagi on a permanent, long term deal, with the Light Blues having negotiated their option to buy.

Paying good money for the brand new website I’d guess & to whoever’s editing it, could be wrong but would reckon it’ll be a company that manages it on Rangers behalf & won’t be doing it on the cheap either... Wan Joab!

Took me a while to suss out how to actually log on using username and password but found it eventually. New site looks good though

Paying good money for the brand new website I’d guess & to whoever’s editing it, could be wrong but would reckon it’ll be a company that manages it on Rangers behalf & won’t be doing it on the cheap either... Wan Joab!

Didn’t even know he was doing websites now

WanchopeMeetsBanner.jpg

The weirdest thing for me is that we’ve launched a new kit with a new supplier yet no where on the site is there an link to shop it , register interest or even see the range properly . Only the press release near the bottom of the homepage.

I thought we were turning into a ‘highly commercial digital brand’? Yet we can’t even promote our own most marketable asset properly?

Even if we don’t have stock to sell right now there’s lots of other ways to get people on the hook.

Or am I missing something??

The weirdest thing for me is that we’ve launched a new kit with a new supplier yet no where on the site is there an link to shop it , register interest or even see the range properly . Only the press release near the bottom of the homepage.

I thought we were turning into a ‘highly commercial digital brand’? Yet we can’t even promote our own most marketable asset properly?

Even if we don’t have stock to sell right now there’s lots of other ways to get people on the hook.

There is link to Castore site. I guess that’s all we can really do until Aug 1st

Proof read our own website (after all we are best placed to do it and do it quickly).

FFS Bears! It is just part of the fan interaction we were promised :)

The very occasional insignificant typo isn’t the biggest deal but I must admit getting the name of one of the stands wrong is a bit embarrassing.

Turns out we're actually signing Scott Brown on a loan deal. He is desperate to realise his childhood dream apparently.

Welcome home Broony!

#EveryoneAnyone

My minor complaint is (unless I’m mistaken) the home page doesn’t seem to have a log in option.
I had to pretend I was buying Mygers again to actually log into my account.

Same problem as the last website except this one is even more difficult to log into. I was hoping it was just the mobile version but the computer version was just as bad. Surely it is simple enough to have the log in more clear?

There’s a Castore link...

Depends what your thing is but something that needs attention is the player profiles , the statistics are imcomplete and maybe could be more expansive .
Hopefully this is all on the ToDo lists.

I saw that the club are advertising for the position of Digital Platforms and Data Manager so hopefully this will help with things like this.

DIGITAL PLATFORMS & DATA MANAGER

JOB TITLE: Digital Platforms & Data Manager

REPORTING TO: Head of Digital & Content

EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent, Full time

SALARY: Dependent upon experience

THE ROLE
A unique opportunity has arisen to join the Commercial & Marketing department of Rangers Football Club as Digital Platforms & Data Manager. The full-time position will be based at Ibrox stadium reporting to the Head of Digital & Content.

The Digital Platforms & Data Manager position involves acting as lead contact for the management of the club’s relationships with third party digital platform providers, such as and not limited to, matchday ticketing, club website(s), apps, data warehouse and CRM and others.

Last edited:

I noticed that as well, the Castore link is all golf wear etc

they sold the presale and wont be opening the Rangers shop online until August 1st. Blows my mind how many people dont check stuff and just moan.
I know that - but that's the point. How difficult is it to have a 'coming soon' teaser and some nice shots of the strips? Plenty of people out there who wont know the full story, visit the site see nothing - some may even go elsewhere, exactly as fatman hopes.

Its basic commercial common sense.

I know that - but that's the point. How difficult is it to have a 'coming soon' teaser and some nice shots of the strips? Plenty of people out there who wont know the full story, visit the site see nothing - some may even go elsewhere, exactly as fatman hopes.

Its basic commercial common sense.

Thats a fair point also. I do wonder if we are still contractually obliged to allow Elite/Hummel to sell and advertise our stuff until the end of the month. Another possibility is they are getting stuff organised now we have had a rebrand of the crest etc.

Back