Title Countdown

In fact If we win our next 6 games and Celtic Win 8 and draw 1... It would Mean we could Seal the title at their midden with a win!!!

My only concern at this stage is that we clinch it it by them Dropping points in a game.
After the decade we've had... We'll take it!

It's already a shame the boys may well win it on the pitch without Fans in attendance. We'll all just need to stick on a YouTube montage of Gerrard celebrations on a loop for the week... But saying that, I now agree. It's not enough. But we will get the moment that we see them lift the trophy above their heads. It will happen whether we win it with a result or a trip-up!

TBF if they don't drop another point all season that would take option 1 off the table :)
Haha. I did notice it before I clicked submit, but couldnylt be arsed going into the required caveats for that scenario and how it might reduce the po-... See I've bored myself already! It is very much the stage celtic can't drop a single point more: including/especially to us!

Spreadsheets, formulas, algorithms and all that shite just to prove what the whole world already knows.

We are the people and the most successful club in the world. I confidently predict that 55 is in the bag so let the party begin.

Are we all agreed that we have the easier fixtures in the games remaining?

I believe I'm right in thinking we have quite a few comfortable home games against teams including St Johnstone, St Mirren and Dundee Utd, and post-split we'd be at home to them, sheep and Hibs.
St mirren are a bastard

Can't say I'm too worried with our home record so far this season.

I think if any game could be slightly more on the awkward side it's Livi away on that horrible park, but then again we might be almost over the line by then.
Am I right in saying they will probably have the cup by then. If they do they won’t give a shit and if they lose the cup they will be on a downward spiral.

Good point, didn't think of that.

Had to check it but our game with them is on the Weds after the cup final on Sat so looks like you're right.

That's perfect timing. They'll either be just coming out of their hangovers or they'll be desolate having lost a cup final.

My only concern at this stage is that we clinch it it by them Dropping points in a game.

Seems very possible now that we will have the opportunity to win in at Parkhead which is now the match before the split.

All games in hand will be gone so if the gap is 18, 17 or 16 points before that match then a draw wins the title. If the gap is 15, 14 or 13 points then a victory wins the title.

I think we've all seen enough football to know that manager already halfway out the door, players wanting away, season expectations slipping away usually adds up to a shocking result or two before it's finally all over.

Between now and playing us again they go away to Killie, St Johnstone, St Mirren Dundee United and Ross County. Aberdeen at home twice and St Mirren and Motherwell at home.

I fancy that we will be within that 18 to 13 point range when 20th March rolls around.

Also I want to believe that it's fate. :)

Winning the title with 2 old firms to spare seems a possibility now. Has this ever happened before? When you think of winning it in an old firm it is always the last of the season in your head.

Loveing this season!

Crank up the volume, its the Title Countdown!!!

And the house of cards is shaking like it was built on Vesuvius!

loading-buffering.gif

giphy-preview.gif

Although a would love rangers to win the title at there shitehole a just want it to be won as soon as possible so if we can win it earlier then the better just get it won WATP

Being updated "one game at a time"

We are 20 points from the title

12 games to play.

(19 points so long as the gulf in goal difference is maintained)

Like watching a ball drop at new year!

Still want this count down projected on a wall their team bus has to pass regularly lol.

They'd have seen 23 points on the drive to work and 20 on the drive back.

I'd almost feel sorry for the trapped sinking feeling they'd have seeing it... Almost. It might be down to 17 by the time we play again. But I'm sure they will handle the pressure admirably on Tuesday...

Back