To all the pundits who said we'd get papped out

I thought we were a certainty to be put out tonight if im honest. after their first hour at Ibrox and how weve been so bipolar, i really didnt see that performance coming from us

having said that, im not a serial Rangers hater........so girfuy!!!!! haha

I met a smug tramp in the Supermarket earlier on today asking if I was confident for tonight, told him I was more confident of winning tonight than at Tynecastle on Saturday, and we did :))

I'm still concerned about what Rangers team will turn up on Saturday but I'll worry about that tomorrow!!

hope this was the night that failed trialist came back to Sportsound and he was crying after it

don't exactly listen to it so I have no idea though

Cant wait to see the two mutants I over heard in work saying it would be 4 or 5 nil to Braga tonight.

Plenty of our own thought we would get hammered as well, just look on the match thread!

Genuine pessimistic bears will be delighted they were wrong, but the rest can feck right off, their pain is tremendous.

There is no better way to shut them up than to win away in Europe.
It should have been 2-0 minimum at HT if we had scored the penalty, possibly 3-0.

They would then have thrown caution to the wind for the whole second half and we could have scored plenty more. Looking back, we were so comfortable although it didn't feel it at the time.

That would have given the sports section something to write about.

Dry your eyes.

The list is long. They won't be happy tonight.
Fabulous team performance will have shut them up. Could easily have been 4 1 Gers tonight.

We are the people.

Enjoy your evening.

There was plenty in our own “support” that said the same.

Didn’t see the papers but I assume every Daily Record pundit said we’d go out?
Just checked and Keith Jackson, Gordon Parks and Ross Pilcher all predicted 2-0 Braga. Liam Bryce said 2-1 Braga. Gavin Berry and Gary Ralston both went for the draw to see us through which surprised me as I assumed it would be a clean sweep for Braga knowing that lot.

Just checked and Keith Jackson, Gordon Parks and Ross Pilcher all predicted 2-0 Braga. Liam Bryce said 2-1 Braga. Gavin Berry and Gary Ralston both went for the draw to see us through which surprised me as I assumed it would be a clean sweep for Braga knowing that lot.
Shows how much they know!

I was overjoyed at our ability to complete a double win against a really good Portuguese side. Judging by the last 10 minutes or so, Braga looked a broken team and one that seemed to have an attitude that they genuinely believed they could have won the tournament. Hence, they looked really dispondent at full-time. For me, however, unless we go and win at Tynecastle on Saturday, the result against Braga will only have been a fleeting moment of joy. Don't get me wrong, doing brilliant in Europe is amazing, but we need to start winning our home competitions, particularly the league, before I become over-excited by our European results at the moment.

I thought we were a certainty to be put out tonight if im honest. after their first hour at Ibrox and how weve been so bipolar, i really didnt see that performance coming from us

having said that, im not a serial Rangers hater........so girfuy!!!!! haha

I totally agree. Given the way Braga played in the first half at Ibrox and with their recent domestic and European form, I was one of the ones who were pessimistic.

For me, this was our best performances all season and it could’ve be 3-0 easily at HT.

The players seem to look much hungrier away from home in Europe than they do in the league.

There’s still some excellent teams in the competition but I don’t think there’s anyone to fear in tomorrow’s draw.

I totally agree. Given the way Braga played in the first half at Ibrox and with their recent domestic and European form, I was one of the ones who were pessimistic.

For me, this was our best performances all season and it could’ve be 3-0 easily at HT.

The players seem to look much hungrier away from home in Europe than they do in the league.

There’s still some excellent teams in the competition but I don’t think there’s anyone to fear in tomorrow’s draw.
We seem to cope better with actual football teams rather than the hoofball/thugball teams that clog up our wee league.
Imagine supporting one of them and having to watch absolute dross week in week out?

Back