To much for Ibrox experience

No getting away from it, it is an expensive day out.

For me the ticket prices are fair, food/drinks in the stadium are overpriced and below par, if you're traveling from far, might struggle to reduce the fuel costs (RSC bus might be just as costly). Folk are making a bit much of the food, easy to run up that if you're travelling through a meal time with some greedy hounds in tow!

This threads given me a good laugh during my lunch.

Reminds me of this woman I used to work with. Made herself out to be this massive Rangers fan, always had one of the three current tops on to work (I know). Anyway asked her one Friday if she was going to the game the next day. She replied she had never been to Ibrox as she couldn't afford it. I suggested that the 150 quid she would save on buying the tops would get her to 6 games a season was met with a confused look.

It can be an expensive but your ticket prices and travel are necessity. Paying for parking maybe but buying a lot of food and a programme aren't.

No idea of your financial situation obviously, but if you are in danger of pricing yourself out, then there are changes you could make.

i took the car to the St Mirren game rather than the usual supporters bus. Only money I spend was chips at the van.

Have ST so ticket prices not included but For a home game
£5 share of petrol
£3 breakfast in a local cafe
£2 first scorer

not every game has to be an over the top day out

I just can’t afford it as much now :(
Tickets for family about £100
Fuel £30
Parking £10
food and program £40-£50

looks Like it will be special occasion from now on

To answer everyone travelling from just past Carlisle. There is £30 for there and back in fuel

Out the house for like 7/8 hours so dinner and light bite until home, family of 4 soon mounts up for money and I went to game and everywhere you get tickets now for parking on the street.

Going by the amount spent on food I'm assuming you're Dean Windass.

Good to see you're still supporting after Josh left.

I travel from NI.

£45 bus and boat.
Bring a few rolls from the house and eat them on the way over
£20 for pre match pints and a burger.
£5 for a chippy on the way home.

+ cost of a ticket if its not included in the season book.

I travel from NI.

£45 bus and boat.
Bring a few rolls from the house and eat them on the way over
£20 for pre match pints and a burger.
£5 for a chippy on the way home.

+ cost of a ticket if its not included in the season book.

Where you drinking at if your only spending £20 lol

Our bus and boat would be £50... then just whatever you need for food/drinks... have a season ticket so I don’t need to factor the cost of buying a Ticke

If I were to fly depends on the flight/hotel costs obviously.

can you maybe cut back on programme, and bring your own food with you?

Tickets for tomorrow night £28 for adult and £9 kids so family of four £74 in total for tickets.
Parking-free
Programme-don't bother
Food-eat before you leave.
If it's one adult with 3 sprogs then Family Section season tickets could work for you. It could work out at £3.33 per sprog (based on 15 home game) and £19.96 a game for the adult tickets. Even if there are 2 adults and 2 sprogs it could be just over £46 a game for the 4 tickets.
Adult Season Tickets are £295 and £50 for a child with upto 3 children per adult.

Only have 3-4 pints cus I need to drive when I get off the boat to get home at night. If im getting lifted from the boat its an easy £70 drinking money with the bar on the boat and a sneaky bottle on the bus lol

Having a sneaky bottle or cans for the bus is a must lol

Mental amount to spend on extras - can go for food etc for 5-10 easy if you want something decent. Parking free easy enough to do also.

I am skint the now but will manage the game tomorrow on a tenner. will have dinner before I go, £6 return on public transport then 4 quid for a burger and a drink after the match

Sell your family

Back when my auld boy took me to the football I went to the pub with him and his mates, was told to sit in the corner with a bottle of coke and packet of cheese and onion and I was happy as Larry lol no expense at all

No idea where the OP is travelling from but £30 is enough for a 150 mile round trip in a 30mpg motor. So what are we talking Dumfries, Dundee?

£50 on food....well stop going to Pizza Hut before the game and eating in the stadium as well. Eat before you leave home and take sandwiches, once in a while maybe go to McDonalds or Asda Cafe at Helen Street.

Back when my auld boy took me to the football I went to the pub with him and his mates, was told to sit in the corner with a bottle of coke and packet of cheese and onion and I was happy as Larry lol no expense at all

When the Bears who had a few beers passed they would rib you about yer auld man but still give you some loose change.

Back