To much for Ibrox experience

When the Bears who had a few beers passed they would rib you about yer auld man but still give you some loose change.

Great memories mate. Few of my mates would have went with their dads to and while they sat and drank us young boys was thrown a few quid for our coke and crisps and 50p’s from the older bears you mentioned there for the pool table. Then on the boat home while the da’s drank in the bar we ran about the arcade.

Only have 3-4 pints cus I need to drive when I get off the boat to get home at night. If im getting lifted from the boat its an easy £70 drinking money with the bar on the boat and a sneaky bottle on the bus lol

3-4 pints, is that not a bit much even with NI's laws being more lax than ours?

Not that I'd grass you in or anything! :)

Great memories mate. Few of my mates would have went with their dads to and while they sat and drank us young boys was thrown a few quid for our coke and crisps and 50p’s from the older bears you mentioned there for the pool table. Then on the boat home while the da’s drank in the bar we ran about the arcade.

I can remember the days when kids never paid to get in, they all got lifted over the turnstiles by everybody and anybody. Best place was the Harrison Drive red brick turnstiles.

No need to pay that money for food. Surely you can make sandwiches and take them in? I’ve never been stopped from bringing in grub to a game.

Park over at the high school it’s free, eat some greegs or make some sandwiches for the car journey and you’ll be sorted

Kids tickets for Ross County and Livingston are £9 with games v Aberdeen and Hibs £10 for kids.
Absolutely no need to pay £10 to park and £50 for food is down to the OP,no need to spend anywhere near that.

Almost like the people who moan about the price of sweets at the cinema yet there’s a supermarket nearby that cost 75% less

This thread reminds me of something some artist or musician said. When something is in your head it is yours, the minute you share it it has a life of it's own.

The OP has one post on this thread, nearly 11 hours ago, and folk are still giving him advice :D

Reminds me of the Only an excuse Jimmy Sanderson sketch about the guy who didn't go to the game because he was burying his wife.

I travel from NI.

£45 bus and boat.
Bring a few rolls from the house and eat them on the way over
£20 for pre match pints and a burger.
£5 for a chippy on the way home.

+ cost of a ticket if its not included in the season book.

£20 for pre match pints and a burger and chips ? So that’s 3 pints your whack then .

you Could probably cut that back a bit in program and parking and a bit on food too. Kids always want something from McDonald’s or a van when you go somewhere. I’d take some crisps and sweets and just get chips from one of the vans outside. There’s not many cheap days out with a family nowadays unfortunately.

I just can’t afford it as much now :(
Tickets for family about £100
Fuel £30
Parking £10
food and program £40-£50

looks Like it will be special occasion from now on

To answer everyone travelling from just past Carlisle. There is £30 for there and back in fuel

Out the house for like 7/8 hours so dinner and light bite until home, family of 4 soon mounts up for money and I went to game and everywhere you get tickets now for parking on the street.
Are you looking a donation?
At least you can get home the same day.
Many of us travel on ferries or on flights and depending on kick off times need to book hotels.
It’s what we do.
You might have to give something up to make your trip less expensive eg bring your own food and a flask.
I had to give the strip clubs up!!

Where are you paying £10 for parking? Park in the street it’s free...

Don’t buy a program and bring your own food with you.

There you are just saved you £60
Shrink by 18 inches and get a 'punty o'er'. Walk to the game, there is another saving. Dont take the family. Support Carlisle Utd.

Glad I could help.

I feel the ops pain. A 3pm Saturday kick off, forgetting the cost of the game usually sets me back £150 or so, but that includes my coupons, about 8-9 hours of bevvying either side of the match and a curry if I'm sober enough at the end of the night. My advice; miss a couple of games and buy the weans a PS4 then enjoy the rest of the season.

On the basis of your family life style what would you spend anyway if you and your family did not go to the match?

what is an OP. It’s all to do with distance, never thought of taking sandwiches and stuff in to be honest. travelling from past Carlisle so out the house for like 8/9 hours on a Saturday. Just seen it’s £41 a ticket for Ross country game. I just can’t afford to go as much as I used to.

what is an OP. It’s all to do with distance, never thought of taking sandwiches and stuff in to be honest. travelling from past Carlisle so out the house for like 8/9 hours on a Saturday. Just seen it’s £41 a ticket for Ross country game. I just can’t afford to go as much as I used to.
It’s not 41 if you aren’t looking at prime seats mate

An adult ticket in The Copland Road stand for the Ross County game is £29 and a child ticket is £9,so £38 for a parent and kid.
(OP= original poster ie-you)

If it's one adult with 3 sprogs then Family Section season tickets could work for you. It could work out at £3.33 per sprog (based on 15 home game) and £19.96 a game for the adult tickets. Even if there are 2 adults and 2 sprogs it could be just over £46 a game for the 4 tickets.
Adult Season Tickets are £295 and £50 for a child with upto 3 children per adult.

The cost of the time machine to take him back to 2016 would probably be a bit prohibitive :p

Fuel £30
Parking £10
food and program £40-£50

To answer everyone travelling from just past Carlisle. There is £30 for there and back in fuel

Out the house for like 7/8 hours so dinner and light bite until home, family of 4 soon mounts up for money and I went to game and everywhere you get tickets now for parking on the street.
Come up when you can and enjoy the day out with your family If you start cutting back on expense the experience will not be the same

The cost of the time machine to take him back to 2016 would probably be a bit prohibitive :p
Have you seen their travel costs?
Fair point, I never noticed the year. Since seeing your post I've spent time looking for the 2019 prices but not had any joy.
It could still be a decent option for next season rather than £100 per game currently being spent on tickets.

To be fair £100 for 4 people to travel fair distance and go to game of football isnt too bad really. Be better with season ticket if going regular though

I feel the ops pain. A 3pm Saturday kick off, forgetting the cost of the game usually sets me back £150 or so, but that includes my coupons, about 8-9 hours of bevvying either side of the match and a curry if I'm sober enough at the end of the night. My advice; miss a couple of games and buy the weans a PS4 then enjoy the rest of the season.

3pm kick offs are that rare now I always make the most of one as well now,

pre match booze and travel about 30 quid
coupons 20 quid
booze after it 60 quid
anonymous 80 quid
taxi home a tenner

It is a difficult one and shoes the length that fans go to not only time but financially to follow the Rangers.
Tough call OP.

Fuel £30
Parking £10
food and program £40-£50

Join or start a supporters bus that will take care of fuel costs and parking and take a haversack wi some grub and refreshments in it for the family.

drive to lockerbie and get supporters bus from here , probably work out cheaper and saves you a bit of driving as well

Supporters bus will save you a fortune OP. And take your own food with you for the kids.

You could ask any man to lift you over the turnstile when I was a boy.

I was distraught the first time a lad ran up to me and asked "Mister, can you lift me over?"

I was in my early twenties and it felt as if I'd only stopped asking the same question a few years earlier.

Back