To the point; is he going today or not?

I think they'll look to him for guidance and I think he'll recommend DM.

I understand that.

I do wonder though, when will we ever get to a point where we don't have to run to Walter in some capacity?

Unless the board gauge our mood and go for a statement manager it's McInnes and when that happens it won't be popular but I hope he is given the same time and leeway and goodwill that Pedro has got from us the fans.

He has to go today. It's over.

McLeish would not be a good appointment - he's been absolutely terrible for the last five years.
McInnes would be fine if all we were ever aiming for was second place.
Smith is retired.
Ferguson and McCulloch both failed as managers at lesser clubs. Ferguson failed at Clyde FFS.
Miller should be out the door alongside Caixinha. I haven't forgotten that he's been partially to blame for this.

We need a big name that's going to attract good players and challenge Celtic.

Who that is, I don't know.

Unless the board gauge our mood and go for a statement manager it's McInnes and when that happens it won't be popular but I hope he is given the same time and leeway and goodwill that Pedro has got from us the fans.
He'll get the goodwill once he's actually in the job.

There are still some backing Pedro ffs, some people just can't see past the title 'Rangers manager'.

Does Smith have a relationship with King etc

I have a feeling that it will be Miller and Wallace temporarily. Hasn't miller got his full badges from the under 20s?

Reading between the lines about the problems at Auchenhowie, and knowing what we know about the way he treats professionals like MOH, Barrie McKay, Kenny Miller etc then a lot of disharmony is being created as he stomps his feet around the place.

We all know an unhappy camp does not make for a winning side, remember back to our UEFA final run? our players were all bloody good mates and worked their socks off for us, the manager and each other.

It seems to me that the root of all issues is Pedros approach to man management, never mind footballing tactics and football in general, this is a Management issue. That fact that he is pish at the football part of his job also sucks btw.

I hope the next time we see him is as he leaves Argyle House with his solicitor as they try and negotiate his settlement.

It' strange given that Pedro seems to affable but I have to agree that his man management seems to be a major issue. The signs were there from the start when he came in last season and basically ostrasized half the squad. At the time I think we were all pleased to see someone come in deal with Warburton's duds. But a few months down the line, having removed the 'bad apples', we are still hearing about players being told to stay away and we've had the whole Miller debacle. It seems to me there always seems to be some kind of disharmony in the squad.

Last season he proclaimed that a large part of the squad didn't have the mentality to play for Rangers, nd openly talked about needing to rebuild in the summer. This season he has publicly said the players have embarrassed him and this week pointed out that he's only had one transfer window, implying he still isn't happy with the squad. These kind of statements do him no favours in trying to forge good squad harmony.

The one thing Pedro won’t do is quit, the board don’t have any excuses to get rid as in Warburton’s case, at least he was looking to get away, where would Pedro go no one wants him.

To be fair who wants him or where he goes is not really our problem. The board have reasons, he’s not up to the job, but I agree with you, he won’t quit.

Does Smith have a relationship with King etc

I have a feeling that it will be Miller and Wallace temporarily. Hasn't miller got his full badges from the under 20s?

Miller? Miller, who has this season quite publicly expressed his views that the players in the squad and the manager aren’t good enough for this club?

That would really bring the team together in a positive way.

FFS Pedro was getting slated by all and sundry for “throwing players under the bus” yet we’d give Miller the manager’s role?

He'll get the goodwill once he's actually in the job.

There are still some backing Pedro ffs, some people just can't see past the title 'Rangers manager'.

McInnes is a class act the way he carries himself in the media etc and as soon as he starts to win games our fans will love him.

I said it ages ago but he just looks and acts like a Rangers Manager. He reminds me of Walter in a lot of ways, the way he handles the media n stuff.

My mate played under McInnes at St Johnstone as well and said he was a superb man manager.

Not my choice, not in a million years but with what's been said I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

I would be. I am sure the board want people to attend and giving Lee McCulloch the job would not be the smartest move. Jesus christ.

I think by "safe" they'll mean someone who's managed in Britain, most likely someone who has managed in Scotland. Someone who knows the Club and the expectations and the pressure of having to win every week. Given the media reaction to Pedro I'd also expect someone British/Scottish and someone who the press will show a bit of respect to.

Am I the only one who thinks handing Dolly £1m for their manager and then another £500,000 at him in wages is a mental decision ?

£1.5m that could go towards a top class appointment. Someone above McInnes level
Certainly not.

Handing those sheepshagging fucks a coin for anything is not on let alone for a 2nd rate manager who couldn't give Ronny Deila a run, Delia's mob were knocked out the Scottish cup by a 1st division Rangers with Warburton's duds ffs.

I don't want him near Ibrox regardless of whether we would need to pay compensation or not he is not good enough.

Walter or eck in until we get mcinnes .

Has to happen today.

Last night was as embarrassing a situation at Ibrox as I can remember (barring the o/f game).

He will be in charge for Saturday. We simply aren't decisive enough. None of us want a trigger happy board and we want our managers to be supported but it's clear for everyone to see this has been a disastrous appointment and sitting in 4th place, embarrassed in the Europa, knocked out the league cup to Motherwell and having 5points from our home games is simply not good enough. Factor in the bizarre goings on with handling of players and then last seasons performance as well it all adds up to him needing to go.

Kings probably having to phone round and beg up the cash to be able to afford to sack Pedro. No donations and we're sticking with pedro

STV Twitter suggesting a board meeting has been call. From their website

Rangers have called an emergency board meeting to discuss Pedro Caixinha's future as manager of the Ibrox club.

A home draw against Kilmarnock on Wednesday night increased the pressure on the Portuguese boss days after Rangers were knocked out of the League Cup by Motherwell at Hampden.

Following the 1-1 draw at Ibrox on Wednesday, Caixinha insisted that he would fight on as manager but STV has learned that the club's board will gather on Thursday to consider his position.

So today is the day. I have no doubt he will be gone by the end of the day

Like the guy but he has to go today. No result on sat will change anything and whoever takes charge on Saturday needs tomorrow to prepare the squad in some way.

I'll be honest the one thing jumping out from ID10's post is 'safe appointment'

Who defines safe ?

Are McInnes and Wright safe ? Why is it safe to assume that two guys at provincial clubs could make the jump ?

McLeish ? 10 years of utter mediocrity since the Scotland job is not safe.

Or does safe simply mean British in this instance ?

I think you will find the board will probably be asking themselves the exact same question.

There will be no hard and fast options, I reckon they will probably put up a list of names (say 10 or so) and then contact them all to assess availability

Then, they would need to see what each one would cost and how that would fit the budget, ie if it is a manager like (for instance) McInnes, then what is the cost of paying out his contract etc.

They may even look at managers that were in the running before Pedro.

Then, once everything is whittled down to 2-3 options, they will then move forward with more direct actions.

Whether we like it or not, our next appointment will probably not set the pulse racing

To be fair , neither did Pedro .

We have fans saying they don't want the likes of McInnes but let's face it, could he be any worse than the current incumbent .

It would appear that not only is Pedro not very good, he has caused mayhem behind the scenes .

Our next appointment has to give the club some stability , that has to be a given.

We look like we are ripping it up and starting again, twice in the space of a year .

That can't continue to happen , whoever the next appointment is.

McInnes is a class act the way he carries himself in the media etc and as soon as he starts to win games our fans will love him.

I said it ages ago but he just looks and acts like a Rangers Manager. He reminds me of Walter in a lot of ways, the way he handles the media n stuff.

My mate played under McInnes at St Johnstone as well and said he was a superb man manager.

There is a snobbery when it comes to McInnes and for me he has done an amazing job at Aberdeen and would a real good appointment imo.

STV Twitter suggesting a board meeting has been call. From their website

Rangers have called an emergency board meeting to discuss Pedro Caixinha's future as manager of the Ibrox club.

A home draw against Kilmarnock on Wednesday night increased the pressure on the Portuguese boss days after Rangers were knocked out of the League Cup by Motherwell at Hampden.

Following the 1-1 draw at Ibrox on Wednesday, Caixinha insisted that he would fight on as manager but STV has learned that the club's board will gather on Thursday to consider his position.

So today is the day. I have no doubt he will be gone by the end of the day

Murrayfield will be a bloodbath if he's not removed; the players have given up the ghost.

There is a snobbery when it comes to McInnes and for me he has done an amazing job at Aberdeen and would a real good appointment imo.
1 trophy against a horrendously weak Celtic side under Ronnie Diala, no real challenge. It is not snobbery and maybe he will be needed to make the next step on the way to winning again but I dont expect things to change dramatically enough.
Plus the £1m it will take to get him will.
Next manager will be someone out of a job at the moment, but I doubt one that will make all of us cheer.

Our club is sleepwalking into mediocrity right now. The last thing we need is a 'safe' appointment.

Our entire club needs shook from it's slumber.

This is it. The Board have looked at what works, what's modern and gone "I want that" but haven't really put in any effort to research it. And it takes a hella researching.

I like the youth setup. Murty and Mulholland are highly rated. Elsewhere though, in really not sure. I mean giving a total outsider (from obscure lands like Mexico and Qatar of all places) total control of a budget like that and trusting him, with no DoF or senior football men on Board was utter madness.

I know a couple of people in football in the North of England, I was shot down on here for suggesting McParland was a fraud and said from the outset we had no chance of a Wilson. The view on Allan is largely of indifference, "know him but not sure what he does" was the comment of a former Man City colleague. Give him a chance, could turn out to be great, has certainly been exposed to good practices - but there a lot of hiding jobs in football.

My main concern is the Board now retreat. This "safe hands" shit. Stick to your principles, create a setup and environment that nurtures it; you've got to work back to front. Swinging from a Pedro to an Eck/McInnes would be utter mental and would 1) highlight the Board have no idea how to implement their ambitions, and 2) show Mark Allan a little bit of a pointless appointment.

Anybody doubting how gold a job he's done up there is simply kidding themselves on, it's that simple.

He guarantees that we start winning 3, 4, 5 games in a row in this league. I don't know if he can topple the Tims but I don't even know if Guardiola could given the current disparity on and off the park between the two teams quality and financially wise.

McInnes knows how to build a winning side in Scotland and that's what we need. The hope would be that with a budget 3 or 4x what he's got at Aberdeen he can kick us on even further than he has with Aberdeen, I don't see any reason at all why he wouldn't.

1 trophy against a horrendously weak Celtic side under Ronnie Diala, no real challenge. It is not snobbery and maybe he will be needed to make the next step on the way to winning again but I dont expect things to change dramatically enough.
Next manager will be someone out of a job at the moment, but I doubt one that will make all of us cheer.

The majority of that weak Celtic team are on a 60 game unbeaten domestic run ffs.

He has turned Aberdeen around so much so we spend god knows how much in the last two years on fees and wages and still can’t catch them.

Couple of thoughts. firstly, ID10, thank you for posting what clearly makes a lot of sense. It does sound (if you allow me) a bit all 'one side of the argument' but given Pedro's results recently and the predicament we are in, he's not exactly in a position for his side of things to be put forward as a defence.

Secondly, IF it is McInnes, I know it isn't exactly a glamorous appointment but he would be coming in with something to prove. He has got Aberdeen to 2nd 3 years in a row, won a trophy, got to two finals last year. Our target right now has to be, be better than the rest and give celtic a game. Start there, aim to build further than that obviously. A bit like Tommy Burns in the 90s. If ultimately he turns out not to have enough about him as a manager then fine. But surely it's less of a gamble than some on here would suggest - and certainly less of a gamble than a guy 4th in the Qatari league.

Also, just met Paul Murray in queen street station. Shook his hand and thanked him for everything they're doing as a board. Football fans can have short memories. If it wasn't for him, DK et al, we might be Sports Direct FC at the moment. That really would be something to moan about. Oh, and his demeanour... well it wasn't exactly what you'd expect to see if he was bullish and backing the manager.

"A horrendously weak Celtic side"??! Jesus H Christ man. It's hard to admit just now, or actually at any time, that Celtic are a decent side. Very decent. Ordinary at a 'decent' European level, but you cannot say they're weak. 61 games unbeaten would say otherwise.

no to souness , smith , mcleish , ferguson , miller , mcoist etc , etc ............please don't , please don't .

Way he treated Kenny Lee and Nico last night is in itself grounds for dismissal "! We dont treat our own like that !

Walter was sacked, he is on record himself as saying that he was indeed sacked.

He was allowed to stay on until the end of the season but his services were no longer required and a new manager was being brought in, in short - he was sacked.

We could go round in circles probably. I have not seen anything that is 'on record' to confirm that claim. If you have something that confirms this beyond the media then I'm open to changing my opinion.

But, for now, I will continue to assert that no Rangers manager is on record as being sacked.

If he is still in charge and we lose on Saturday, which going by possible suspensions, injuries and the fact he'll pick the team, is very likely then there will be bother in edinburgh. We are going to have an unusually large away support through there.
Yes I could see it. Hearts and Hibs fans goading us. Can also see Hibs casuals bowling up to hang about for a ruck post-match.

That weak pape side forms about 75% of their current side !

Back