To the Queue Jumpers - That's Tim Behaviour

Not quite a queue jumping story but, I mind a few years back waiting to check in at Glasgow airport and there was a guy on his mobile in the queue talking loudly about a business deal he was trying to close.

He gets to the front of the queue and doesn't hang up, he keeps talking, the woman behind the desk asks him to end his call and hand over his passport. He raises his finger, indicating to her to wait a minute. There are now shouts from the queue and he keeps talking.

Then his mobile starts fxxking ringing, there is a moment of stunned silence in which everyone in the queue takes a second to realise what's just happened and the guy realises he is rumbled.

The woman behind the desk shouts him to go to the end of the queue, a barage of abuse coming from the queue, one guy jumps out the queue to go after the guy who picks up his case and does a runner.
The sight of the chase across the airport and out the door had me near pissing myself.

What was he trying to achieve though with a fake phonecall at an airport check-in desk.

I'm no getting this the guy was Trying to show off on the phone?
What was he trying to achieve though with a fake phonecall at an airport check-in desk.

I think he was just trying to sound amazingly important.

He was going on about how he was travelling to Amsterdam, then Madrid, then New York then a long flight to Tokyo, travelling first class and name dropping the top hotels he is going back to and the cost per night and restaurants he eats in and how he was paying for none of it. He was talking so loud so everyone could hear him.

I think he was just trying to sound amazingly important.

He was going on about how he was travelling to Amsterdam, then Madrid, then New York then a long flight to Tokyo, travelling first class and name dropping the top hotels he is going back to and the cost per night and restaurants he eats in and how he was paying for none of it. He was talking so loud so everyone could hear him.
Bet he drives an Audi.

Back