To the Queue Jumpers - That's Tim Behaviour

At the Club Deck turnstiles next to Main Stand at the Broomloan end.

4 turnstiles open. Large queues at both sides, two in the middle almost empty.

Question - What do you do?

Answer - Join the shortest queue.

It's always the same on European nights. Also, not really queuing going on, just an amorphous ruck of punters milling around.

Of course people are idiots, when I was joining the motorway yesterday some clown pulled from the outside lane into the lane I was joining! It’s been a while since I read the code but pretty sure that not changing lanes at a slip road is in it, especially when there’s cars coming on!
That may have been me sorry! .........

I don’t want to derail the thread, but genuinely if everybody knew how to do it properly it wouldn’t cause that.

And if people let them in it wouldn’t tail back.
The RSC buses on the M8 between Provan and the hospital have this down to a fine art!

Tbf the Govan rear turnstiles for example there’s two just behind argyle house entrance and one side always has a massive queue with no one using the other one. I’m not about to wait in a queue if those people don’t have the common sense to use the free turnstile

At the Club Deck turnstiles next to Main Stand at the Broomloan end.

4 turnstiles open. Large queues at both sides, two in the middle almost empty.

Question - What do you do?

Answer - Join the shortest queue.

It's always the same on European nights. Also, not really queuing going on, just an amorphous ruck of punters milling around.

you go to the end of the large queue and split as you get to the turnstiles.

when its split you always back the wrong horse and have some nugget trying to resize a QR code to fit in the scanner to then be told this is for the Club Deck not the Govan Front pal

bring back queues for STs only and paper tickets/QR codes can sort themselves out :)

Actually, that’s completely wrong. You should utilitise all lanes for as long as possible and then merge in turn.

I used to think what you think, but then I watched a guy explaining it with diagrams on YouTube and it makes total sense.
Really? Gonna look that up! Cheers

A couple of seasons ago on a European night I was queueing to get into the Govan rear and this guy and his burd who had been hovering slid in to the queue about halfway up.I shouted up to him about there being a queue and stuff and he turned round and started giving my mate verbals:)
Anyway there was a bit of back and forth and clearly not wanting to lose face in front of his burd he was giving it the hard man act.So he eventually gets to the turnstile and he got a knock back as he was in the wrong queue,well we gave him pelters as he went away to the back of another queue.
Karma came early for him.

I like to make sweeping generalisations that can't be backed up or at least haven't been, but I think Covid has psychologically emboldened a lot of people with the fuck you I'll do what I want and I won't do what you tell me type attitudes. The rise in the Colombian marching powder usage is also a likely factor.

Pretty much the same as the people who drive al the way to end of the closed lane and nudge their car front into the open lane forcing everyone else who had moved lanes in good time to hold. Which is actually what starts the fucking the queue in the first place!

Rant over, you get my meaning B-D
Lol your 100% wrong mate

Take great pleasure in doing this at the supermarkets when Fanny’s decide to make one big queue instead of one at each available checkout.

Nothing better than a Karen having a go at you and being telt to %^*& off.

Done it in LIDL in Paisley and some gimp had a pop at me. Asked him when we started queueing in one big line. Dumb fuck soon shut up.

I like to make sweeping generalisations that can't be backed up or at least haven't been, but I think Covid has psychologically emboldened a lot of people with the fuck you I'll do what I want and I won't do what you tell me type attitudes. The rise in the Colombian marching powder usage is also a likely factor.
I agree with your sweeping generalisation.

For arsehole behaviour the reason given is "aye, but COVID.."

there were 3 stewards standing at the gate and I had a go at them for not doing anything, their response was that they didn't have badges and weren't allowed to challenge people.
what the %^*& is the point in hiring them then?

It’s the same as the people who walk through every queue going along the main stand hiding everyone up just so they don’t have to walk and extra 5 steps and walk round the massive queues.

Sit in CD4 and que always enormous, so after waiting these que jumpers also annoy me, tends to be the pissheads that seem incapable of leaving the pub until 10 minutes before the game starts.

The O.P. has a point.
When did the Rangers support cease to believe that they should behave with simple courtesy and manners, particularly towards each other?

Pushing into a queue might seem a smart move and o.k. to some, but would it be equally o.k. for someone who has been waiting in line to lamp a queue jumper?

People post on here about “Mr Struth” and “Rangers values” or even “Protestant behaviour”, maybe some should have a wee go at trying to live up to them.
Talk about turning a drama into a crisis.

Copland Rear gate next to the megastore. Position yourself at the back of the queue but central. Then filter left and right as appropriate as spaces appear.

Folk dither about and don’t pay attention to the queue moving or are too drunk to realise. I’m not waiting about for them, sorry.

Found it strange that there was a massive queue at CD1/CD2 compared to the CD3/CD4 entrance a few yards away and you can use either to get into the Club Deck.
I think that might have changed very recently. The guy who sits next to me usually goes in the gate at Broomloan end, but he sits in CD2. That worked fine last season, but apparently doesn’t work for him anymore.

Could just be his smart card, but it’s fine at the gate he’s meant to use.

I don’t want to derail the thread, but genuinely if everybody knew how to do it properly it wouldn’t cause that.

And if people let them in it wouldn’t tail back.
There’s always someone that leaves a space between the car infront.

I will zoom up the empty lane and nip in. Fk waiting 30 minute queues.

If the OP ever visits China, he is in for a shock; queue jumping is like a national sport over there.
I found Italy to be the same. Basically who shouts loudest gets served first! I love that to be fair, great fun.

(Sorry I forgot this was Bear Pit. Come on Rangers WATP!)

Goodness, we have the SNP ruinning our country, inflation going through the roof, domestic bills going up ten fold, global warming and now queue jumpers.

It's the end of the world as we know it.......

You can solve one problem though op, next time have a polite word with the queue jumper and tell him to f uck off to the back of the line.

Would help if people split into 4 queues instead of one big queue.

Should be a line per gate.

Technically a single line that distributes to all gates is the most efficient for all. Erlang, queuing theory and all that. That’s why it’s the most common queue pattern where people have the space to optimize the queue.

Also bstards that don’t wait in line in traffic queues are also technically optimizing the efficiency for all. Two full lanes that merge right at the point of intersection in a “zipper” style will significantly reduce the average delay for all.

It’s odd that the science is clear and yet we see it as so counter intuitive. The most effective thing to reduce the queuing would be to have someone preparing folks just before they get to the gates on exactly what they need to have in their hand and do to get through quickly. Even shaving 20-30% off that average time would reduce the average delay for all by 40-50% and there might not even be a queue. But hey, that might require some staff.

I hate when I wait at the checkout in the supermarket and a second checkout opens and all the people at the back of the queue rush to it.

Ignorant scum behaviour.

At the airport last week and some guy walked to the front of the queue for the scanner after depositing his stuff in the basket.

I shouted, as loud as was reasonable, “there is a queue, and there is the end of it”
Didn’t need to do it but I felt better for it

Not quite a queue jumping story but, I mind a few years back waiting to check in at Glasgow airport and there was a guy on his mobile in the queue talking loudly about a business deal he was trying to close.

He gets to the front of the queue and doesn't hang up, he keeps talking, the woman behind the desk asks him to end his call and hand over his passport. He raises his finger, indicating to her to wait a minute. There are now shouts from the queue and he keeps talking.

Then his mobile starts fxxking ringing, there is a moment of stunned silence in which everyone in the queue takes a second to realise what's just happened and the guy realises he is rumbled.

The woman behind the desk shouts him to go to the end of the queue, a barage of abuse coming from the queue, one guy jumps out the queue to go after the guy who picks up his case and does a runner.
The sight of the chase across the airport and out the door had me near pissing myself.

Australians do not queue.
It blows my mind.

Buses, trains, bars etc... its a free for all and I regularly lose my rag

I told a poet and his mrs to fooking join the queue after trying to worm their way into BK at Las Palmas airport’s queue

Get them told!!!!!!

They soon back tracked!

Pretty much the same as the people who drive al the way to end of the closed lane and nudge their car front into the open lane forcing everyone else who had moved lanes in good time to hold. Which is actually what starts the fucking the queue in the first place!

Rant over, you get my meaning B-D
Nah, not the same at all given that this is what you’re supposed to do instead of sitting in a single lane like a mug :)

A decent proportion of the population are ignorant wankers so it only stands to reason that we will have some who are Rangers supporters.

Australians do not queue.
It blows my mind.

Buses, trains, bars etc... its a free for all and I regularly lose my rag
Not sure that’s true. Asians don’t queue. I’m in Sydney and most of people queue but asians seem to just move to the front. Might be a cultural thing I guess.

Not sure that’s true. Asians don’t queue. I’m in Sydney and most of people queue but asians seem to just move to the front. Might be a cultural thing I guess.
Asians for sure don't.
Maybe a bit generalising with the Aussies, but I used to get bus every day from Balmain to City, and then train Town Hall to North Sydney and it was an utter scramble.

Asians for sure don't.
Maybe a bit generalising with the Aussies, but I used to get bus every day from Balmain to City, and then train Town Hall to North Sydney and it was an utter scramble.
Ah, town hall is a complete nightmare you’re right haha. It’s like a zoo in there.

I'd never wait in a queue to get in.

Firstly the CD queues if your lucky covers 1 or 2 entrances at most whilst the other 2 or 3 remain empty.

Why the %^*& would you wait in the big queue? Behave yourself

Honestly it baffles me on motorways when it says lane such n such closes in 1 mile and idiots just stop using it. I take great delight in having a clear path all the way up the merging point.

You do sometimes get the occasional idiot who sits in outside lane just to cause another pointless queue and block your progress.

Someone actually done this to me before and I managed to get into the left lane and block him off completely the full way to the merging point. He was fizzing B-D. Think the guy beside me in left lane seen his tactics and allowed me in to block him off.

Cause your time is more important?
yes-mr.gif

Not quite a queue jumping story but, I mind a few years back waiting to check in at Glasgow airport and there was a guy on his mobile in the queue talking loudly about a business deal he was trying to close.

He gets to the front of the queue and doesn't hang up, he keeps talking, the woman behind the desk asks him to end his call and hand over his passport. He raises his finger, indicating to her to wait a minute. There are now shouts from the queue and he keeps talking.

Then his mobile starts fxxking ringing, there is a moment of stunned silence in which everyone in the queue takes a second to realise what's just happened and the guy realises he is rumbled.

The woman behind the desk shouts him to go to the end of the queue, a barage of abuse coming from the queue, one guy jumps out the queue to go after the guy who picks up his case and does a runner.
The sight of the chase across the airport and out the door had me near pissing myself.
I'm no getting this the guy was Trying to show off on the phone?

Back