To the Union Bears

The next game when they have their stall I'll be round to buy their stuff for my sons

without the union bears Ibrox would feel like a library at times so fair play to these guys puting their all in to the game and roaring us on

Wouldn’t mind moving next to them I’m in BF5 so not even far away as it is but I want to be closer to help make the atmosphere better

Sounds like a job for @Papasmurf

‘I don’t want to move out of my seat and I don’t want to stand’

Except more than half of the Broomloan front stand every game and almost all do in bigger games.

If ever there was a no brainer.

Give me a plan of the Broomloan front, where the season ticket holders are and a simple to implement plan of moving the UB’s behind the goal and have safe standing would be simple to show

Union Bears are a great asset to our club. I take my hat of to you lads. Well done and thanks from an old bear. The display was yet again ,terrific.

Fantastic Tifo last night an absolute spectacle, if I have one tiny gripe it's this, at the league games at Ibrox please drop the 'ACAB' banner/flag as it's embarrassing and really detracts from all the good you do and give to the club and fellow supporters.

Fantastic Tifo last night an absolute spectacle, if I have one tiny gripe it's this, at the league games at Ibrox please drop the 'ACAB' banner/flag as it's embarrassing and really detracts from all the good you do and give to the club and fellow supporters.
Their entitled to put that up when the police film them before the game starts.

Fans treated like criminals.

Theres more to it than you think. Boys have been jailed for singing a song, lost jobs, stadium bans the lot

Except more than half of the Broomloan front stand every game and almost all do in bigger games.

Give me a plan of the Broomloan front, where the season ticket holders are and a simple to implement plan of moving the UB’s behind the goal and have safe standing would be simple to show
Get it done.
The whole broomloan front usually stands anyway except BF3 move them to sit on there rings in BF1 the views are just as good.

Until we get a team in the cup or Europe say Eintracht Frankfurt who demand and get a bigger than normal allocation which will eat into the Safe-Standing section. How many other clubs would surrender part of their die hard/hardcore supporters section in such circumstances ? No wonder Stewart Robetson is quite taken with the idea , it's the type of buffonery he adores.

The only logical place for a Safe-Standing Section is the Copland Front

Great post OP, any time I'm at Ibrox im looking down on UB with my 10yr old son and he always giving it *why we not down there" lol

Absolutely mental there’s actual “fans” who don’t like them. Quite possibly the most important group of supporters at Ibrox 99% of all chants are started by them. Selling their quality merchandise to self-fund these displays.

Their stall is located between the BF1 turnstile and Broomloan Gates in the corner and is often there on matchdays. Support them by buying merchandise and the online shop will be re-stocked soon.

You can support them by donating here: https://t.co/6YLxdxbTVT?amp=1

Doesn't justify the ACAB banner and theres probably a percentage of police officers at the game supporting Rangers.
They get regularly harassed by the Police including being recorded and some having their houses essentially raided after that controversial tweet before the Celtic game.

That is your opinion and you’re entitled to that however based on my experience with the Police they’ve never been there when I’ve needed them.

My son is always asking to get seats over by the Union bears for the singing. That said he was blown away with the noise last night. He was going bush same as me!

You never gave up on the team. Getting beat 0-2 and you kept on singing and cheering the team on towards victory.
A credit to the club and all stops must be pulled out to make sure you get a standing area.
Ref wasn't too chuffed was he?

These fans have proven their worth to our club. Give the young team ( and some not so young) the safe standing areas they want, and the beating heart of our stadium will be maintained, and strengthened! WATP.

Said it before, would love to see them get the front of the copland, rather than just a couple of sections. The larger the area they get the better and I'm sure it would be filled. Would improve the atmosphere 10 fold.

Last night proved the effect it can have on the players. Unsettled a quality side.

Completely agree the Union Bears are an integral part of our club. We as a support can have a huge impact on games. The UB were superb last night as always.

Club don’t know how good they have it with the UBs,putting them in BF3 for next season is a must.
No more fucking about just do it Robertson.

The club have got it lucky with the UB. There are so many fan groups across Europe and even the Scum GB that cause so many needless incidents.

Most groups would have lost patience with the way the club have treated them, but UB just put everything in to supporting the team.

Does the Board not realise how important they are, the amount of money and time they spend in creating displays which the club then uses in social media?

They deserve Safe Standing considering the support they give the team for 90 minutes and start almost every single chant. They’ve been a thing for 13 years now.

One stupid cow told me to sit down at the start of the 2nd half, no wonder the CF has a rubbish atmosphere
It’s a lost cause, the only way the UB would be able to make the Copland the “Rangers End” again is by the club moving folk out of it. Even last night I watched across from the Broomloan to the Copland Front and everyone is sitting down and not a peep out of them until we scored.

I’ve never known a club such as Rangers to be so awkward towards a club’s Ultras group.

Surely, by knowing Ultras are the most fanatical supporters and that by exchanging seats with those behind the goals in BF3 it would be for the greater good? Can someone get in contact with Stewart Robertson?

The biggest embarrassment was the Union Bears getting shafted by the club and literally letting Celtic fans stand in their section. Around the world, that’s seen as quite possibly the worst thing you can do. Getting tired of this “we’re looking into it”.

I was in bf4 with my mate who is English and and man u fan who commented to me the union bears are a credit to your club I wish my team had them..

I’ve never known a club such as Rangers to be so awkward towards a club’s Ultras group.

Surely, by knowing Ultras are the most fanatical supporters and that by exchanging seats with those behind the goals in BF3 it would be for the greater good? Can someone get in contact with Stewart Robertson?
Only takes one to disagree with being moved. The club should make the decision, it's their stadium and must have surely seen last night what a difference it can make.

As I've said before, when the Derry was in the copland that was the singing end of the ground. Plenty noise at the games even if it was just that end most of the time. The set up now is a lot better for atmosphere,just a pity it doesn't happen often enough.

Until we get a team in the cup or Europe say Eintracht Frankfurt who demand and get a bigger than normal allocation which will eat into the Safe-Standing section. How many other clubs would surrender part of their die hard/hardcore supporters section in such circumstances ? No wonder Stewart Robetson is quite taken with the idea , it's the type of buffonery he adores.

The only logical place for a Safe-Standing Section is the Copland Front

What’s to stop them eating into the govan?
They can demand all they want is it not the police decision?
That’s why the poets will get no more than they usually do if we ever got them at Ibrox in the cup.

The best time to sort a safe standing area is when we are increasing the ground capacity. I understand we are looking at that at the moment, tho' it does appear to have gone quiet, hopefully it is being considered as part of that study.

The best time to sort a safe standing area is when we are increasing the ground capacity. I understand we are looking at that at the moment, tho' it does appear to have gone quiet, hopefully it is being considered as part of that study.

Until then the UBs must be moved for next season

The full b
They should be moved to a better place and allowed to expand to bring back the atmosphere to more games. Singing doesnt happen often outside their section so move them to a better location and hopefully their singing will pick up some more voices.
Bottom of the Copeland. The club should bring them into Ibrox work closer with them give them incentives and help them and make clear what is acceptable song sheet

Union Bears should have more backing from Club. Problem is the ones that make the decisions just don't 'get it' as they will probably regard them as wee neds in Berghaus jackets, who sing some songs whilst the football decisions should be left to the men in suits who know much more about football (accountants) supping their complimentary champers

People say they don’t want to give up their seat, I think we all need to remember it’s not our seat but the clubs. The guys need moved to behind goal and then there will be a ripple effect with atmosphere

Was thinking similar on Sunday - tough shift with that game and the weather and the young team just kept it going for 90 mins. Excellent work.
Never even noticed, I was shaking with that wind blowing straight in my face. :)

Back