To those saying no progress

I don’t for one minute think that we have a divine right to win but surely we should be expecting more than not winning a big game any time in the last 8 months a number people seem happy to accept mediocrity and put it down to being on a journey the point I am trying to make is we need to start showing that we are Rangers and putting fear into teams again not rolling over and getting our bellies tickled every time the going gets tough
I do get what your saying and in no way am I accepting mediocrity.what I’m your opinion would be success?

I agree with the OP's sentiment. Trouble is fans today are only interested in results even when the underlying direction of progress may be upwards.

That will never change which is why we get the constant merry-go-round of managers in football.

I do get what your saying and in no way am I accepting mediocrity.what I’m your opinion would be success?
Bossing games and winning them beating the tims in their own back yard and winning a cup that was the least we should be expecting. We can’t rock up to matches and be beat before we step on the park that’s what’s happening now

I agree that there has been progress and we should have been out of sight by half time.
However we weren't and once Motherwell went ahead we never looked like winning.

I've supported Pedro and still do at the moment, but if we slip any further behind Aberdeen and the mentally challengeds by the beginning of December I'm afraid I don't see any way back for him.

He has a relatively easy run of games coming up.
He must make the most of it.
yep. this is where i am.
keep the winning run going in the league and 4 points in the double header against Aberdeen would go some way to restoring some good will.

Bossing games and winning them beating the tims in their own back yard and winning a cup that was the least we should be expecting. We can’t rock up to matches and be beat before we step on the park that’s what’s happening now
Success this season for me would be to get closer to them,are we not on course to do that?we could be top by new year,looks unlikely at the moment but it’s possible

While I agree we have generally improved we certainly didn't boss the game yesterday. Not from where I was standing.

Despite having a stinking first half we went in at the break and, again, came out worse. I think everyone could see what was happening and why we tried to play motherwell at hoofball was baffling.

You can boss a game till you are blue ( pardon the pun ) in the face but if the ball doesn't get put in the net the score is still zilch .

someone I was have a wee difference of opinion with yeaterday claimed, ....wait for it ....that we were brilliant in the first half yesterday.!!!!!!

You only need to watch it if you're going to come away with shite like "we were horrendous" because it's simply not true.

Your standards must be a lot lower than mine then because losing 2-0 to Motherwell in a cup semi final is my very definition of "horrendous".

We were torture and deserved to lose. I honestly can't believe anybody is trying to take any positives from that yesterday. It was a dreadful defeat.

Early last season under Warburton’s watch, we “bossed” most games. 60% possession, 20+ shots, 10+ corners etc

The fact is that we gifted goals and couldn’t score enough. Hence no momentum or run of results due to lots of draws and a few defeats.

We maybe don’t “gift” as many goals but we still don’t score enough resulting in no momentum or run of results.

In summary, it’s a different “product” with the same unacceptable outcome.

We’ve also spent about £7-8m for this outcome.

Any Improvement we have made this season is maybe down to the fact that we have a better squad than last year,some of our tactics and the way we have set up for some games have been a joke,

We were torture and deserved to lose. I honestly can't believe anybody is trying to take any positives from that yesterday. It was a dreadful defeat.

This for me. The entire season has been a complete shitshow, from Progres onwards.

By any measure, Pedro is not delivering what is required. Trying to look at this situation through a convoluted series of "what if's" to try and re-draw reality is nuts. Some people just seem unable to accept the evidence staring us in the face.

I take no pleasure from it, and I'm certainly not one of the "told you" brigade. He seems like a genuinely sound bloke, and has my utmost respect as an individual for the way he has conducted himself, but enough is enough.

Then thing that matters is the result, and from that perspective there has been no improvement.

He needs something significant to happen for me to believe that we're making progress, whether that's winning a cup, beating them, or going on a run of 7-8 victories in a row in the league.

We're so far off all of these things that it's impossible to say we're making progress....are we even better than under Warburton?

Bossed nothing, leading nothing,failing to dominate,failing to win 3 on the trot,failing in Europe at the first hurdle,failing against poor opposition, failing in the cup....need I go on? Where is the progress?

I don't see much progress we have a much better quality of squad and are still not far off the points we were on this time last season.

I've backed the guy from the off as has most of our bus. Even on our 17 odd hour bus journey back from Luxembourg we were all in agreement that he needs time.

But I now fear that time has ran out. To lose yesterday in the manner we did was a shambles.

No doubting the manager has passion but if he is unable to transfer that to his players then it's pointless. Couple of bad results away from the inevitable departure.

For sake of repeating myself for the last two years....cannae score....cannae defend (in the games that have mattered), I say this reluctantly after what I thought was the turning point after St Johnstone, but what do I know.

Last season we finished 3rd, we are currently sitting in 3rd place.
Last season we lost the league cup semi-final, this season we also lost the semi-final.

In what world is that progress?

I don't recall us bossing it. A few blocked shots but I thought we were quite flat generally. Looked good for a spell when they switched Windass and Candieas.

Did Motherwell not have the best two chances of the first half where there was an off the line clearance and one that the keeper tipped away? Or maybe that was the second half...

People seem to say, quite a lot on these threads, that having better players is progress, or at least a sign of our progress. No, it is not. We could have Man city's first 11 and it would count for nothing if they could not string a run of results together. Having good players counts for nothing if they do not combine to make a good team.

Yes, we have some better players, quite a few better players. We are not reaping the rewards of those better players. the game against St. Johnstone was good, entertaining stuff with a good result at a traditionally difficult venue. It was followed up by dross. We have better players, still serving up dross. That is not progress, it is upgrading the wheels on your car while the chassis is rotten; you will take a few better corners, but eventually the wheels are going to come off.

Pedro cannot win 3 matches in a row or any big game (Aberdeen away, outplayed bar a 10 minute spell aside) and is currently performing better than he ever has before.

I like the guy, I like him a lot. I sway between wanting him to go and hoping, praying, that the last result was him turning the corner. There is nothing in his time with us that suggests he will turn the corner and of far more concern, there is nothing in his history that suggests it either.

That OP is every bit as depressing as the result yesterday.

Years of utter sh1t have us now turd polishing to a standard the Iraqi media guy would have been embarrassed to put his name to.

Progress can only be measured by wins and trophies. Never won 3 successive games since March and further away from a trophy than bloody Motherwell.

I despair.

I'm guessing nobody bothered to watch yesterday back before replying. Your minds are made up, I get that. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you are claiming this team is no better than last year's. It's patently obvious to anyone watching that we are better. Not good enough yet, but better.
I agree with you - we are better than last year but are not good enough yet. Frankly, we should have had the game won at half time but, for whatever reason, the team lost heart and purpose after Well scored the first goal.

couldnt decide that , we played hoofball because pena, jack (was he playing) and dorrans were missing, or were the 3 missing because we played hoofball.:rolleyes:

The latter...

They condensed the play into a 30 yard strip, pushed up on our full backs, kicked and pushed and launched the ball at us. That, we continually saw our goalkeeper play long balls wide was staggering.

I could see Pedro shouting at the team to play the ball but the players did not respond. The lack of guile from our team save a ten minute spell, was utterly exasperating.

I fail to see progress;

Our results aren’t any better, they are every bit as inconsistent as last season. We are adrift of the bheggars and Aberdeen. We cannot defend, we struggle to boss a game, lack a midfield and finishing off the opposition is a struggle.

The football is worse - we’ve the odd periods of play where we pass the ball about wth authority but on the whole it’s long ball, get it wide, smash it into the box...

Far too predictable, very few/if any, game changers, a weak squad who lack fight, passion, desire. We are unorganised, every bit as slack, sloppy and ill-disciplined and lack leaders.

Knocked out of Europe by part time dross from Luxembourg, beaten in a cup semi final and cannot string three wins together.

Style of play is different, we have a passionate manager but results are the same and there are no signs or evidence that it’s going to change any time soon.

We are a shambles and are one/two injuries to being in an even bigger mess. Hearts away,Aberdeen home and away, Hibs and the bheggars away in the next 9 weeks... sorry for not being confident.

I honestly think we are better overall than last year .One transfer window to turn around a squad of loan players and dross with the vagaries that all transfers bring . Did we expect instant success on our budget .Pedro needs at least two further windows before we can realistically begin to evaluate and a couple of years thereafter for him to build his own team

Success this season for me would be to get closer to them,are we not on course to do that?we could be top by new year,looks unlikely at the moment but it’s possible
You honestly think we are closer to them when we can’t beat Celtic, Hearts and Aberdeen we’re 6 point behind but we’re a million miles away

I was away for my sons hockey this weekend and missed the game. Just watched the first half on my lunch break and anyone who doesn't thing we were excellent is just livid with the final result. We just need to put teams away when this happens.

Bollocks , this time last season we were third in the league , got pumped of poets , beaten off teams in the top 6 , got hammered in the semi final of league cup , and you claim this is progress .
Add to this we’ve had the worse European result in our history and spent nearly £8.5 m in the process

Where to start with this.

After 9 league games:

Last year: 14 points
This year: 17 points
Last year: 11 scored
This year: 20 scored
Last year: 11 condeded
This year: 11 conceded
Last year: 4th in the table
This year: 3rd in the table
Last year: 3 behind Hearts, 7 behind Aberdeen, 8 behind Celtic (with their 1 in hand so really 11 behind)
This year: 6 behind Aberdeen, 6 behind Celtic

This year net spend: £6m.

The next 5 games should be all winnable and see us get at least 3 points closer to Aberdeen. Let's talk in 3 weeks.

Watch the highlights of the first half. We completed bossed it and should have had two or three. Watch the St Johnstone game - completely bossed it.

The second half was sickening yesterday but we should have been out of sight. By all means have a go for results and failure to win 3 games in a row. But don't just make stuff up to make it all seem worse.

I watched Warburton's team and saw no signs of life, so I gave up on him even before last season started. I saw similar in McCoist and PLG - no chink of light at all. But this is different. Yes it may be two steps forward, one back, but there are steps forward. Let's do ourselves a favour and be honest about that.

I feel we have better players, but not sure if there is much of an improvement.
Performance on Sunday was poor - humping the ball down the field was woful to watch. Same with the St Jonstone game-little in it until the sending off.

We look like we will finish no better in the league than last year - that will mean no improvement

I don't like criticising managers as most have spent a lifetime in a game for which I am a mere casual observer but I think it's clear that Pedro is out of his depth.

We're better than last season for sure, as well we should be. What I find most alarming, other than results, is spending relatively large sums on players who are quite clearly not suited to Scottish football.

Watch the highlights of the first half. We completed bossed it and should have had two or three. Watch the St Johnstone game - completely bossed it.

The second half was sickening yesterday but we should have been out of sight. By all means have a go for results and failure to win 3 games in a row. But don't just make stuff up to make it all seem worse.

I watched Warburton's team and saw no signs of life, so I gave up on him even before last season started. I saw similar in McCoist and PLG - no chink of light at all. But this is different. Yes it may be two steps forward, one back, but there are steps forward. Let's do ourselves a favour and be honest about that.

we were awful

grasp that reality

I'm guessing nobody bothered to watch yesterday back before replying. Your minds are made up, I get that. But you're doing yourself a disservice if you are claiming this team is no better than last year's. It's patently obvious to anyone watching that we are better. Not good enough yet, but better.

I watched it again this afternoon

We should have been two goals up at the break on chances created

I agree poor finishing cost us

Second half we chucked it

Not acceptable it was like watching warbuton imposters

Early last season under Warburton’s watch, we “bossed” most games. 60% possession, 20+ shots, 10+ corners etc

The fact is that we gifted goals and couldn’t score enough. Hence no momentum or run of results due to lots of draws and a few defeats.

We maybe don’t “gift” as many goals but we still don’t score enough resulting in no momentum or run of results.

In summary, it’s a different “product” with the same unacceptable outcome.

We’ve also spent about £7-8m for this outcome.

We have one goal less than top of the league.

I took until 3rd december last season to score the number of league goals we already have this season.

I watched it again this afternoon

We should have been two goals up at the break on chances created

I agree poor finishing cost us

Second half we chucked it

Not acceptable it was like watching warbuton imposters

We chucked it at Cardoso going off. We collectively lost the plot.

Back