To what extent have we been unlucky this season with injuries/ circumstances?

We have been very unlucky. However, why are we do unlucky with the sheer number of injuries we need to contend with on a season-by-season basis? It is unreal the number of players we sign that end up with so few minutes playing due to injury and for that someone needs their baws kicked.

Helander has been a huge loss for this season and most of last, I think the injury was made worse by trying to bring him back in quickly. I think it was probably only a couple months end of last season where we had a stable backline with Bassey and Goldson in there

Lawrence has been terrible luck as he was the guy constantly showing for the ball and giving us a reliable attacking platform

Hagi is yet another big one, I'm not sure if he would be the first name on the team sheet but he wasn't far off it either, even last season when he wasn't playing too great I think he was still getting an assist every 2nd game

Souttar, Roofe, Lowry, Davies are all sore ones to lose too, but the above 3 I think have really hampered us. Good thing though at least is when these players start returning to the team it should lead to better performances and results (maybe apart from Helander, as he's probably been away too long now)

Hagi, Helander and roofe were all known before the season started.

Souttar is a right sided centre back who would be backup to Goldson.

Lowry was always going to be a squad player.

Davies and Lawrence are the only players we can use as injury excuses.

Sentence A - In Souttar's case I don't think spraining his ankle playing for the Boys Brigade back in 2009 cuts it when it comes to the argument against signing him being made.

Sentence B - Consider me speechless.
Got a cheek dissecting my sentences when yours make no sense at all

Souttar was not injured when we signed him, he was over his injuries and playing regularly for hearts and passed a medical for us.
To dismiss him as injury prone is pointless when his injury is completely unrelated to his heel issues

Can't really class it as unlucky when we insist on signing injury prone players.

So Roofe got injured on the second day of pre season and hasn't been heard of since, that's close to 4 months, what exactly was it that was wrong with him??

I said a long time ago Roofe was a chancer and nothing has changed my mind, his injury record is an absolute disgrace.

20K a week for nothing.

It's hard for me to believe that some professional football players can get injured so often.

I've been running a couple days a week for over a decade and never had a long-term injury from it.

So Roofe got injured on the second day of pre season and hasn't been heard of since, that's close to 4 months, what exactly was it that was wrong with him??

I said a long time ago Roofe was a chancer and nothing has changed my mind, his injury record is an absolute disgrace.

20K a week for nothing.
How could he have made it as a pro footballer being that fragile? Hard to believe.

Has it been confirmed what Souttar injury is by the club, not just fan rumour?

Has it been confirmed by the club what is wrong with any of the injured players?? (Hagi apart) What's wrong with Roofe? Helander? Souttar?

The lack of transparency is shocking.

Back