To win the title next season

M Watson

Where do we need to strengthen?
Assuming Alfredo left for a massive fee, would Gerrard get all the funds for new players?

tactically, we've pretty much perfected the counter attack style(as far as Scotland goes) and have the players to carry it out well enough.

We need creativity in the middle and a system designed to consistently break down 10 men behind the ball now.

Maybe I’m just naive or blind hope. But I still believe we have a chance this season. It only takes them to have one defeat day at tynecastle and it’s back to 5 points. That would mean with 10 games to go and 2 old firm games . It’s in our own hands

This thread seems to be repeated season after season.
No offence to the OP.
Hopefully Stevie G delivers it to us this season.
If they drop 2 points or more and we win all our games going into the Old Firm I honestly believe it's game on again.

Lets get this season out the way

Think we have blown the league this season but still got to play them twice and anything can happen. Cant see it but hopefully Motherwell get something Sunday then Hearts on wednesday.

But its still all about us, need to go on a decent winning run for once this season

Lets get this season out the way

Think we have blown the league this season but still got to play them twice and anything can happen. Cant see it but hopefully Motherwell get something Sunday then Hearts on wednesday.

But its still all about us, need to go on a decent winning run for once this season

There going to drop points at both these games.

This thread seems to be repeated season after season.
No offence to the OP.
Hopefully Stevie G delivers it to us this season.
If they drop 2 points or more and we win all our games going into the Old Firm I honestly believe it's game on again.
No offence taken. But if Alfredo went there would be some decent wedge in the transfer kitty. I think the draws against Killie, Saints and two against Hibs cost us the title. Hopefully I will be wrong.

No offence taken. But if Alfredo went there would be some decent wedge in the transfer kitty. I think the draws against Killie, Saints and two against Hibs cost us the title. Hopefully I will be wrong.
Aberdeen and Motherwell last minute goals and drawing away at Dundee who had 10 men for 60 mins too. We should be sitting very pretty right now

Cant even think about the split never mind next season. Still a long way to go this season. Keep winning and who knows.

Well that’s gone.

We have damaged our chances but to say it’s over isn’t true.

Let’s say we had beaten saints, Hamilton and Dundee and they had beaten killie, Motherwell and hearts then we would be 6 points behind and nobody would be saying it was over.

If we win against Hamilton and Dundee and they get beat by hearts then there is 5 points in it.

I know we aren’t consistent and we have lost any momentum again but come Wednesday we could quite realistacally actually be in a better position than after the old firm win. Big week for us - I’m praying for a Euro hangover and hearts to step up again.

I still believe we have a chance this season.

Consistency and attitude had been our problem. When the team play well and are in the right mindset I believe we are more than capable in beating any team in this league, home and away,and keeping clean sheets. We proved that during out EL campaign that we can play at a high er level against strong teams.
Yes, a couple of attacking midfielders to add to the squad would be ideal.

Back