Toasting #55 – What Are You Having?

I've got a bottle of Ardbeg 17 year old. I have a dram of it every March 6th to toast Dave King, The Three Bears and everyone else who worked to get us the club back on that date in 2015. I'll be having a glass on Saturday for that reason, and I'll be finishing the bottle on Sunday if we win the league then.

Don’t tend to drink

I have a bottle of whiskey that’s around 10 years old (maybe a bit older I’d need to check) so that would seem appropriate given it’s been roughly that long since we won the league.

Might even get some JD Tennessee apple as well or if anyone can recommend any of the other editions

If we win it sunday then i’ll have to drink council juice (Carlsberg) as im at work and have to drive 7am

if we win it at the piggery

i’ll sink 10 San Miguels and a Bottle of Fine Red Wine as off the monday
I'm the opposite. Off on Monday so will be on the champagne if we win it Sunday.

Start at 3pm on old firm day and wasn't allowed it off so I'm being selfish wanting us to win it this weekend.

Got 8 cans on tennents 0% that wife got me for bday next week. A bottle jd fire, and a nice bottle of glayva that daughters bought me, so I'm gonna be singing

Just posted this in the Lounge!
Rangers-Legends-Gin-Smith_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Nothing fancy. Just the drink that has been used to celebrate and sometimes commiserate through my adult life.
Stella Artois
gift of the gods

I have a bottle of Bollinger, bought as a 2 for 1 in 2011 in an airport somewhere. First bottle went when we won at Rugby Park. Always said the second one would only come out for 55.

To finish, a bottle of Oban 14 year old malt. My favourite malt and will be a nice half to watch our celebrations with.
I'll be shaking hands with Jonnie Walker!
Made in Kilmarnock but believe he is a Gers fan!

I have a couple of bottles of Veuve Clicquot and a bottle of Grey Goose vodka on the sub's bench.

I've also a few of these..

e7ZzFOfyvKGkFjXVDk08T7tlML8.jpeg

....lined up to get me up and around as a livener for next morning.

I have two things waiting for 55.

The first is a cigar I bought in Dubai airport in 2014 on my way back from a work trip overseas. I vowed that I wouldn't light it until we won 55 - at the time I stupidly thought that would be roughly 2018, but the additional 3 years have been worth the wait. It is laying triumphantly on a shelf in a cool dark place biding its time. It's been in my possession now for 7 long years including a house move, but its almost time to take it out the tube and enjoy it.

Secondly, I always wanted a bottle of single malt distilled in my birth year. I like a peaty whisky so went with this (link below). A dram will only be poured from this bottle on very special occasions i.e. my 40th, 50th, new baby being born, and of course - 55. Honestly can't wait to be standing, tears in my eyes, with the cigar in one hand and dram in the other, celebrating this title with all the bears.. and its just a few weeks away!!

This for me:

As well as copious amounts of Bud Light (as that’s what I was drinking in America when we last won the league – and it’ll keep me sober for the post-match celebrations)... and then champagne and anything else I fancy.

I also have a single can of this:

Might open my bottle of this, too:

Got 6 'We Are The People' coming and 24 Estrella Galicia 1906

£35 for 6 beers - Worth it :)) It was only like £10 more for the 24 1906's o_O

Estrella-1906-Reserva.jpg

Electric melon mentally challenged tears, and the pineapple mentally challenged tears. Missus a bit more cultured. She's got moet champagne and Dalwhinnie Malt whisky.
Pineapple is decent, heartburn central for me afterwards tho.

@BigBuff That looks good!!
Could tan that right now :D
Promised her I wouldn’t drink until we win the league...it’s been 12 days so far...Sunday can’t come quick enough :))

Last edited:
I'm a Tennents Lager chap , don't tend to drink anything else but there will be lots and lots of them drunk

Round about Xmas time 2017 Lidl or Aldi had Champagne for sale that everyone was raving about. £11 a bottle or something, nothing extravagant. I picked up 2 bottles of it and drank one and said "other ones staying in fridge until Rangers win the league". True to my word it's still there so that's getting popped along with a bottle of Buckfast and beers. Can't bloody wait.

I’ve a bottle of Rangers champagne that I’ve had for years, I think it might be an appropriate occasion to open it B-D

I'm the opposite. Off on Monday so will be on the champagne if we win it Sunday.

Start at 3pm on old firm day and wasn't allowed it off so I'm being selfish wanting us to win it this weekend.
Same here, working nightshift day of Septic game.
Bought a bottle of Moet today to celebrate with, Getting red, white blue ribbons for it 2moro

Got an Arthur Numan gin,a Barry Ferguson gin,create of Menabrea and the old man has got a fine malt kept for a special occasion.

Back