Toasting #55 – What Are You Having?

Ordered a champagne sabre today. 5 of us on a bender and about 17 bottles. The non participating wife (someone's got to be sensible apparently) in charge once we hit bottle number 4.
#NoFingersLoyal

I should say I've got a special malt saved for special occasions, but nah. I'll get rattled into the Tennant's and the Bacardi

Not a whiskey drinker in the slightest but I bought a bottle of Lagavulin when working over in Islay a few years back, that will be my toast to The Glasgow Rangers.

Heidsicke Monopole Blue Top Champagne, a couple o' drams o' Johnnie Walker Black Label, 6 cans of Guinness Original, and as it's a special ocassion a Joya de Nicaragua "Red" cigar.

I've got the Douglas Laing Blue bottle of the 3 bottle series but I'm not going to open it. Will wait for a Treble or a European trophy. Possibly.

Fosters (yes, I've got shite taste) then a bottle of Limoux Cremant (French fizz without the cost of Champagne) then Mount Gay XO Rum. But in all honesty I'd happily tan a dozen cans of anything and I'd be delighted.

When my Dad passed the only thing he was drinking by then was Irn Bru. In his hospital room when he passed was his final bottle. I have it. I put it to the back of my drinks cupboard and said I'd keep it for a special occasion when I wanted to remember him. Very tempted to open it and have it with a big splash of vodka just like he would have done when he was younger.

I'm starting tomorrow if we win. My Son got a bottle of Duppy Share rum for his birthday and we will start on that. If it goes our way Sunday it's fizz time.

Ardberg Dark Cove, which I've had waiting on my shelf for 5 years. Rashly promised numerous neighbours a dram if we do it, so will be lucky to get a couple out of the damn thing.

A 2012 vintage to enjoy and empty then smash the bottle in the recycling bin, to signify the end of the shit that began back then. Oh and the price is incredibly relevant too (Edit: £55 for those who don’t click the link): https://www.laithwaites.co.uk/product/2433112 (PS I have no links to this company, just thought it was apt)
Anything everything we will drink on! MD Appleton eff the Bob hope and drink again if we go to doubles we will follow on.

When my Dad passed the only thing he was drinking by then was Irn Bru. In his hospital room when he passed was his final bottle. I have it. I put it to the back of my drinks cupboard and said I'd keep it for a special occasion when I wanted to remember him. Very tempted to open it and have it with a big splash of vodka just like he would have done when he was younger.
Get it opened mate and have a big toast to your dad while you remember all the good times

A 25yo Glenmorangie that I received as a wedding gift, Simply the Best engraved on the bottle. It only gets opened for special occasions like births, marriages and of course 55. Give it a few days and it might be opened for a divorce too.

Bought bottle of Moet, red, white blue ribbons on it awaiting 55.
Will probably hang on to it until we get the trophy

Godson got me this for my Christmas!
So i'll try this probably won't like it as i don't drink vodka but i'll be too busy in celebration.

IMG-20201108-WA0003_2048x.jpg

Ordered a case of some Stiegl (Austrian beer) the other day and arrives Monday (boo hiss - a day too late). Anyway cracking drink and cost £55 and odds for the case Inc delivery

Serious answer...a bottle of Blue Frizzante that's genuinely called Euforia. Followed by a Blue Moscatel that is enticingly described on the label as 'aromatized wine based drink.' Bit of whisky geek normally but smell/taste still shot after the Covid so that lightly smoky Compass Box: The Lost Blend will have to wait until medal day... or flag day depending when taste buds reactivate. :))

Glenmorangie 18yr.old extra rare SM
Monte Cristo #2.
Goes well with 'Basking', laughing and 'Gloating'
Also, toasts to one of the Pillars of Rangers FC..............Us.

Back