Toasting #55 – What Are You Having?

Going for 55 Jack D's and Coke. However, I need to get up for work at 8am so not sure it's a smart idea. Will give it a good go though.

Here's to the glorious, pious and immortal memory of the great and good King William III, Prince of Orange, who saved us from rogues and roguery, slaves and slavery, knaves and knavery, Popes and Popery, brass money and wooden shoes.

And whoever denies this toast may he be slammed, crammed and jammed into the muzzle of the great gun of Athlone, and the gun fired into the Pope's belly, and the Pope into the Devil's belly, and the Devil into Hell, and the door locked, and the key in an Orangeman's pocket, and may we never lack a brisk Protestant boy to kick the arse of a Papist, and here's a fart for the Bishop of Cork.

I'm sitting at my first glass from a bottle
of Caol Ila Reserve from a batch of 224.

Beautiful stuff with water as it's 59.7% alcohol. hic *

Just finished the first bottle of Taittinger -
Second bottle opened but hope to get some assistance from son & daughter who've just arrived

Always promised myself a large Bruichladdich - from a batch my uncle gave me 25 years ago - who worked at this distillery man & boy for 40 + years - & was a good Bear - Islay Loyal - when 55 came -

But have told everyone to keep me away from it - because I'm already wasted & it would be a terrible waste right now
So will hopefully keep it for another appropriate occassion such as when the trophy / flag is presented / unfurled

There's tons of food in the kitchen - but haven't found my appetite yet - still buzzing

Stiil looking for other scarves - apart from the 4 draped from the window & the enormous flag draped accross the car in the drive - all in darkest Essex

I've had congratulatory phonecalls from Toronto, Taiwan, Guyana, Maryland & Abu Dhabi - quite apart from Riddrie, Dennistoun, Carntyne & Fairlie
I haven't checked txts yet

I'm not sure it gets any better than this

I shed a tear earlier - but so far keeping emotions in check
I’ll help you out with that Laddie if you like

Alternating between Jack Daniels Original and JD Honey in my Rangers mug, got these absolute massive 1L bottles for Christmas and they’re for giving me the fear B-D

Just finished the champers, the wife drank more of it than I thought, now onto the beers.
Tunes on, thus far, not a single firework here in Gimp City, a.k.a. Edinburgh.

Just finished the first bottle of Taittinger -
Second bottle opened but hope to get some assistance from son & daughter who've just arrived

Always promised myself a large Bruichladdich - from a batch my uncle gave me 25 years ago - who worked at this distillery man & boy for 40 + years - & was a good Bear - Islay Loyal - when 55 came -

But have told everyone to keep me away from it - because I'm already wasted & it would be a terrible waste right now
So will hopefully keep it for another appropriate occassion such as when the trophy / flag is presented / unfurled

There's tons of food in the kitchen - but haven't found my appetite yet - still buzzing

Stiil looking for other scarves - apart from the 4 draped from the window & the enormous flag draped accross the car in the drive - all in darkest Essex

I've had congratulatory phonecalls from Toronto, Taiwan, Guyana, Maryland & Abu Dhabi - quite apart from Riddrie, Dennistoun, Carntyne & Fairlie
I haven't checked txts yet

I'm not sure it gets any better than this

I shed a tear earlier - but so far keeping emotions in check
Yep we've just finished our 2nd bottle of Taittinger, myself and the missus. She's not a massive drinker so suspect I've done most. Decided to come off the champagne as I like a pint so now on cans of Strongbow Dark fruit - hope I'm still compus mentus in a while. I'm also a Fulham fan and we did Liverpool at Anfield today so great day. Worried Klopp will leave and Gerrard get the call now.

Perfect Draft Stella at 4 degrees, waiting to get to the magic 3. Few buds while that’s happening.
Drove through Larky earlier after walking the dog and the kids round Chatelherault country park.
Couldn’t get up the Main Street, bears going mental. :shh:
Went to see my dad, he gave me row for supporting the boys that went to Ibrox.
I said 30 years ago, I’d have been there too.
He said “So would I” B-DB-DB-DB-D
Glenfiddich for later.:p

This is the only thread I could find.

Congratulations from Liverpool.

Well in ya' ballbags !

When I get the kids down and settle for the evening I’ll be pouring a nice malt and will watch the highlights of our game yesterday again!

Been off the bevy for over a year now but I made a promise I would have an ice cold beer the day we win the title. I've Had the Stella in the fridge for a few months now so it was freezing and it went down a treat!

Bottle of Glenlivet 12 year old and beer after beer after beer after beer ,its sinking in but getting emotional for fellow bears who did not make it this far in the journey.

Talisker opened and a wee dram sunk to toast the Boys in Royal Blue. Washing it down with a Brock St. IPA session ale. A Whitby Ontario craft brewery.

5 cans of Thatchers Cloudy cider and a couple o' nips o' Johnnie Walker Black Label - will need to cease quite soon as workin' tomorrow. Won't do a sickie - Presbyterian work ethic and aw that.

Yep we've just finished our 2nd bottle of Taittinger, myself and the missus. She's not a massive drinker so suspect I've done most. Decided to come off the champagne as I like a pint so now on cans of Strongbow Dark fruit - hope I'm still compus mentus in a while. I'm also a Fulham fan and we did Liverpool at Anfield today so great day. Worried Klopp will leave and Gerrard get the call now.
Well done The Cottagers.

A few eartellas and some moet...in the hot tub listening to my spotify #55 playlist

I'm having to use your playlist as I only had 8 tracks on mine (expecting to have another fortnight to add to it!)
The original 8 tracks were plenty for blaring out the car windows on the way to collect the cargo earlier though :))

Champagne then a few whisky’s to toast my Grandad who passed in 2013. He’d have been pished as a fart today :)

On the Nastro Azurro ice-cold Peroni, to be followed by Tattinger and ending with Glengoyne’s finest.

Back