Today’s Sun - Celtic, Rangers and SPFL bosses face anxious wait over first Old Firm match as Sturgeon ponders fresh lockdown measures

Entirely predictable that this cause was going to be ramped up at the behest of the bheasts.

It is illogical that it might succeed but with the football authorities under the Liewell thumb don't be surprised if a plot is hatched to move the game (and I mean move it again as it has already been moved once right at the outset). They are allowed to do things with impunity - that much we do know.

Couple of weeks ago the SPL were saying there was no movement to manoeuvre with fixtures and that scheduling was already tough as it is...

There isnt going to be full houses in grounds all season. Might not even happen next season.

Postpone it if they want. Might suit us the way our injuries are anyway.

If we don’t beat Motherwell, it might not be worst thing to happen to us.

I’m honestly struggling with the logic of postponing a closed doors game due to crowd issues. The politicians in this country are a disgrace.
The day will be carnage whether the game itself has fans or no fans.

Wake up. It ain't nonsense.

Anyone with half a brain knew this was coming. They are playing shite, no crowd and they know they lose any advantage they could have over us.

If you dont know the depths this lot will stop too then you'll never know.

Celtc and their hired media stooges have condemned Sturgeon for not wanting games played. Now they are begging her to postpone the game against us.

If they're worried about people meeting in houses to watch the game then no games should be played till we get a vaccine surely? Or any other event that people might want to gather, like birthdays, weddings etc etc

Why don't they just call the league. Timing is perfect, Its the first time for weeks that they've been in the position where it works, the pandemic is on the rise, hell they could even get a new season started just after Xmas and put a whole new meaning to the Fantasy 11..
And, to use current footballing parlance, "we've all seen them given"

Dont think fans will be back anyway, so if the postpone it allows us to get Aribo, Roofe and Jack back up to speed and ready to play

Why the hell are Rangers anxious?

The only thing Rangers board should be doing right now is DEMANDING the game be played on it's due date, no if's, but's or maybe's.

Also Celtic and Rangers are only 2 teams in a 12 team league and have no right to have games re-arranged for their own benefit (of delaying game to allow fans to attend specific games) whilst other clubs are expected to carry on regardless.

The game needs to go ahead and the club/ board need to start coming out and demanding this if they don’t I’d question the board on this.

So big fixtures like last weeks Chelsea v Liverpool game can go on behind closed doors but this game can’t because timmy don’t want it to?Corrupt from top to bottom.

If it suited them they’d suggest playing game with no live coverage. 10 min highlight package screened later in day.

Being cynical given our lengthy injury list postponement might not be the worst thing for us however I know the reason is because the mentally challengeds want the gate income

Why don't they just call the league. Timing is perfect, Its the first time for weeks that they've been in the position where it works, the pandemic is on the rise, hell they could even get a new season started just after Xmas and put a whole new meaning to the Fantasy 11..

We would come second given that they will change the basis to take account of games in hand ! :rolleyes:

The game will go ahead. There are no valid reason for it not to go ahead. If they cancel it, fans will still get together as they will have probably planned it already.

Can’t be allowed to happen

would give them a chance of fans in
Would mean the first old firm is at Ibrox and we won’t get it postponed so BCD
Gives them a chance of fans come March/April

if our board don’t come out and not just demand action then I’m done

if govt postpone game they must ensure the first old firm game is at parkhead and that no old firm team has more games with fans than the other

So big fixtures like last weeks Chelsea v Liverpool game can go on behind closed doors but this game can’t because timmy don’t want it to?Corrupt from top to bottom.

In fairness, Rangers/Celtic it’s a completely different situation than any game in England.

If their concerns are pubs/house gatherings then you can kind of understand how the dynamic is completely different to a game where a team from North/South of England are playing each other

You could have the situation whereby you’ve got 10/15+ rangers fans in a house watching the game and then a few houses down the road same amount of celtic fans. That’s hardly going to be the case for English games

I think it’s a load of pish but it’s not a fair comparison in reality

It would be better if they just came out and told the truth. Celtic shitting themselves at playing us without their rancid fans to try and give them an advantage (they have an advantage already with corrupt officials).Wouldn't surprise me for them just to end league and award them another kid on title sooner or later.

In fairness, Rangers/Celtic it’s a completely different situation than any game in England.

If their concerns are pubs/house gatherings then you can kind of understand how the dynamic is completely different to a game where a team from North/South of England are playing each other

You could have the situation whereby you’ve got 10/15+ Rangers fans in a house watching the game and then a few houses down the road same amount of celtic fans. That’s hardly going to be the case for English games

I think it’s a load of pish but it’s not a fair comparison in reality

Fans will gather for a Manchester Derby, a North London Derby, Liverpool v Man Utd etc and it will be fine.

we aren’t a special case.

Fans will gather for a Manchester Derby, a North London Derby, Liverpool v Man Utd etc and it will be fine.

we aren’t a special case.

As said, I personally think it’s a load of pish but the games you’ve mentioned are no where near as powderkeg as us/Celtic.

There is no reasonable argument for the game not to go ahead. Fans weren't allowed in anyway (even though Celtic had it delayed in the hope that they could have some), and the players/staff are tested regularly that it doesn't matter.

I can only assume that if it goes ahead, the powers that be think it will force people to goto the pub or other houses to watch the game when they should be staying away, which is complete bollocks.
Absolutely no reason to cancel it they have been at the forefront of all covid testing etc Lennon said it so it must be true.

I don't think the Scottish Government is trying to help ra sellik win the league despite quite a number of them being fundamentally hostile to Rangers.
This articles smells more of sellik with the assistance of their media pals, trying to create a narrative in the hope that the game is pushed further down the line.

Back