Today, all real football fans are Bury fans

Haven't followed all the ins and outs but hope they can get something sorted today. If anyone can sympathise it's us after recent events.

Not cool at all

I take it that Dale will then just asset strip what they have (land etc) or is it more complicated than that?

I think they will survive, I’ve read there are a few interested parties and they are talking about being given more time to finalise a deal.

Dale was on Talk sport asking for donations of 2.7 million by midnight to save the club,as usual blaming the EFL. doesn't sound good for them at all. Who's going to give money to that man

"EFL chief executive Debbie Jevans told BBC Sport that if a buyer did come forward they would consider a short extension to the deadline, but that "it's very difficult to see how we can postpone more matches".

"The clock is ticking, there's no question," said Jevans. "Nobody wants to see this club disappear out of the league, least of all me, which is why we are working 24/7 to try to stop that happening."

This is what football looks like without sectarian hatred and jealousy getting in the way of proper football management.

The EFL let that utter shitebag buy Bury in the first place and then sat back and watched him destroy the club but aye sure they’re working hard and that. Fvck the EFL.
I'll be honest I've not followed it closely I just thought the tone and message there was vastly different from anything I can remember from the SPFL when we were acquired by a conman.

Should never have come to this,I hope that guy gets hounded for what he's done

In short summary, for the uneducated like me, what has he done?

Genuine question, not being arsey.

I'll be honest I've not followed it closely I just thought the tone and message there was vastly different from anything I can remember from the SPFL when we were acquired by a conman.

They are solely responsible for who they let into the game. They’re taking no responsibility. That quote is nice and fluffy but it’s too late to be nice.

I think they will survive, I’ve read there are a few interested parties and they are talking about being given more time to finalise a deal.
The interested parties have until today to give proof to the EFL that there are funds in place, otherwise they are finished. Very sad indeed if it happens.

He's held the club to ransom mate,could have sold to multiple buyers after being unable to manage it properly but decided to hang on instead.
A Bury fan would explain it a lot better than I could but I think that's the jist of it.

No one hounded Craig Whyte for what he did to us :(
I doubt Mr Whyte will ever walk about anywhere without wondering if a Rangers fan will 'have a wee word' with him at some point.He'll forever be watching over his shoulder I'd suggest.

He bought them for one quid, ran them into financial trouble getting promoted with no investment and now refuses to sell to anyone for less than 5 million, including turning down several offers to sell because it didnt meet the 5mil he wants. He would rather let the club go out of business than sell for less money.

The FA should hang their heads in shame over this as well.

Last year or the year before every club in the Premiership chipped in £250k so that some director (I think) who was leaving could get a £5m bonus.

Now a club with a long history is on the brink of going out of business and there's no help at all?

Disgrace considering the £ billions down there.

Back