Today is a watershed moment

IMO every fan that attends Ibrox regularly has a responsibility. People placing blame on the union bears are just cowards.

The union bears do nothing but good work for the club and our supporters. At one point or not I can bet good money every fan has participated in these songs.

We just need to take this punishment on the chin and learn from it. We have the best support in the world and adapting our songs to suit uefa and sfa will be no problem! Let’s stick together and sit back , sing and enjoy what is going to be a historic season for the club #55

We have all sang it. But surely you understand the battle was lost long ago? I love watching us in Europe more than singing this song. The double standards are frustrating and we need to challenge it, but from a position of strength. Blaming the UB is way out of whack.
I agree, blaming the UB is wrong. As is chastising fans who sang the song without recourse for the last few years and before. Ultimately we're being told to stop calling the mentally challengeds 19th Century Terrorists and that is it. I am willing to do that for the club, as everyone should be. I'm not, however, calling for a complete sanitising of our support from anything vaguely offensive.

Tough day on here today! Lots of infighting that I hope passes sharpish. We all love the club and are trying to protect it in different ways. (Apart from the lurkers of a green persuasion. They can fck off).Even the big rocket who PM'd me saying I'm a Fascist (for not banning songs, wut) is still ok in my book :D

I’m not being disingenuous mate. Just being honest. Around me it’s very little. I’d suggest 50-75% sing it & others love the club more.

I really think the “if you do this you don’t love the club” is just about the worst way of addressing the issue.

I don’t have the answers but if I were a young lad singing these songs that sort of approach wouldn’t work.

I really think the “if you do this you don’t love the club” is just about the worst way of addressing the issue.

I don’t have the answers but if I were a young lad singing these songs that sort of approach wouldn’t work.

I didn’t mean that the way it came out.

Apologies to you & other bears.

But it’s not anywhere near all bears that sing it. I’m at every home game in the main stand.

Can’t disagree with the OP.Just think that the feel good factor that’s been about the club and support at the start of the season has been totally undermined by what’s happened today.Will we come out of this any the wiser?I doubt it we have too many knuckle heads who don’t give a shit about the club and will carry on regardless.

My worry is that now the media are going to be watching the games coming up desperate to hear these songs being sung and can we trust a percentage of our fans to not sing the songs

If you follow Rangers at home, at other Scottish grounds or in Europe then you follow for the football and to support the Team on the pitch. Reference to the pope, the IRA, the TBB, 19th Century Terrorists, 19th Century Terrorist etc needs to go.

The Rangers Board are deserving of our support, we back them financially but not with our actions. I'm not interested in whataboutery, it's time we dropped all the words and add ons that cause offence and allow others to point the finger.

The Board need to address the Union Bears issue. They've severely damaged the club, our reputation is taking a hammering today. Financially as well.

Bottom line us our support has scored a massive own goal. One is enough and should serve as the final warning.

Anyone stupid enough to continue with bigotry over Rangers should be banned for life. The all about me Union Bears guy with the megaphone should be the first to decide what he wants to do here.

Today is a watershed moment and we need as a support to grasp the values of supporting Rangers, a club very dear to our hearts and loved like a family member.
Today is not a watershed moment, that moment happened after David Murray sacked Donald Findlay from the board after some idiot filmed him singing a song, the press knew there and then that they could dictate what was acceptable, and as time went on they slowly chipped away at Rangers and we (and I mean all us) stood by and let it happen.

They are out to destroy us and even if we stop singing a couple of songs don't think that will be the end of it.

We have a political class that hate us, the media as a whole detest us, we are on our own.

Agreed with everything till you mentioned the union bears they aren’t to blame for this and are a easy target they don’t start all the songs and 99.9% of Ibrox sings the billy boys.

I am not even the biggest fan of some of stuff the Union Bears do and think it’s sickening the blame some people are putting on them.

I follow Rangers home and away and not one person on my bus are involved with them in fact a few don’t like them for some reason I don’t know why but they are not the problem they are brilliant for us.

Leave them alone. It’s what the scum will want the Union Bears at war with the club.

Question, if it was clearly UB who are the perpetrators of all this, why have they not been lifted?

The police sit filming them every single game, its not for a laugh.

Why are they not getting their doors kicked in?

I agree, blaming the UB is wrong. As is chastising fans who sang the song without recourse for the last few years and before. Ultimately we're being told to stop calling the mentally challengeds 19th Century Terrorists and that is it. I am willing to do that for the club, as everyone should be. I'm not, however, calling for a complete sanitising of our support from anything vaguely offensive.
Next they'll be after Penny Arcade.:rolleyes:

It can be a watershed moment, it can be the end of this utterly boring and frustrating debate, and it can be the last time we see our club punished for fan behaviour. But it'll be none of those things without real leadership from the club.

We have all sang it. But surely you understand the battle was lost long ago? I love watching us in Europe more than singing this song. The double standards are frustrating and we need to challenge it, but from a position of strength. Blaming the UB is way out of whack.

Except at the game we got into trouble for the UB started singing it......and they had a series of incidents.

The club has let this happen slowly but surely over time...not all the UB's fault but they are the focus in recent times.

Except at the game we got into trouble for the UB started singing it......and they had a series of incidents.

The club has let this happen slowly but surely over time...not all the UB's fault but they are the focus in recent times.
Agreed, I just think laying the blame at their door is unnecessary and the easy option. The song has made a bit of a come back in recent years. In my opinion it's because we've seen how feral and blatant the filth have become in their own bigotry with not a peep from the press or the footballing authorities.

Agreed, I just think laying the blame at their door is unnecessary and the easy option. The song has made a bit of a come back in recent years. In my opinion it's because we've seen how feral and blatant the filth have become in their own bigotry with not a peep from the press or the footballing authorities.

I think it's partly that, and partly the fact that the people who want our club punished didn't give a monkeys about what we sang when we were miles behind. The crowd sang, no punishment followed, so it got louder and more frequent.

I feel for the UBs because they are currently the only reason Ibrox has an atmosphere at most games. And they are not alone in getting carried away with certain songs in the last few years. But I suppose they define themselves as 'leaders' in creating atmosphere, so they have the responsibility that goes with that and are at the front of the queue for the consequences.

I think you are right over the reasons but what did the club do as it crept back in? Nothing absolutely ziltch. A few brave and smarter posters on here predicted where it was heading.....some of us pointed out the stupidity and tokenism of the latest campaign....

Are you telling me if the UB's and a selection of the supporter's clubs were taken into a conference at Ibrox and had a few of the top guns with Stevie G at their side saying cut A,B and C it wouldn't have made a massive difference? Of course it would.

There's been zero leadership on this and the club has slept walked into serious trouble-we are now yet again on the back foot where if we had attacked on two fronts we might have got somewhere.

If you follow Rangers at home, at other Scottish grounds or in Europe then you follow for the football and to support the Team on the pitch. Reference to the pope, the IRA, the TBB, 19th Century Terrorists, 19th Century Terrorist etc needs to go.

The Rangers Board are deserving of our support, we back them financially but not with our actions. I'm not interested in whataboutery, it's time we dropped all the words and add ons that cause offence and allow others to point the finger.

The Board need to address the Union Bears issue. They've severely damaged the club, our reputation is taking a hammering today. Financially as well.

Bottom line us our support has scored a massive own goal. One is enough and should serve as the final warning.

Anyone stupid enough to continue with bigotry over Rangers should be banned for life. The all about me Union Bears guy with the megaphone should be the first to decide what he wants to do here.

Today is a watershed moment and we need as a support to grasp the values of supporting Rangers, a club very dear to our hearts and loved like a family member.
I’ve never been a fan of the UB so I’m biased. To me they think their the most important part of Ibrox match days. I sit above them, doubt if any of them watch the game. They don’t know the correct words to FF & FTNAT or the tune or tempo. Time to bin them. Rant over.

It's up to one and all to grasp the nettle. Every fan going to Ibrox should conduct themselves the way the club conducts iti self and I don't care who sings these songs,we don't want to plumb the depths of the green brigade and don't really care what other clubs supporters sing,we have to rise above it. We have a great club with great supporters c let's keep it that way.

The UB can have have a positive part to play moving forward by choice of song in the stadium and that is a place to start. We all have a responsibility to be smart about this and support our club. It’s clear that TBB has to go with a couple of others including the add ons.
It got me thinking about what some of our key players who are RC must be thinking now never mind potential investors etc. Once again we are heavily on back foot by our own actions. We already know we are a target. Perhaps this whole sectarian issue restricts what the board can do to challenge.
On a separate note we seem to hear it more from travelling support.

Ffs please don't put the majority of blame at the UB's, this is a collective issue, too often it is easy to place the blame at their door.
The truth is we are almost all in this up to our necks if we're being completely honest. It's always easier to point the finger at others, but when we're all busy pointing the finger at others, it's always worth noting where the other three fingers are pointing.

There is an opportunity here for all of to sort this out. I hope we take it.

Meanwhile, we really need the club and Club1872 to begin an open and sincere public discussion accepting that we will change our ways but questioning why attacks on protestant Rangers supporters aren't dealt with in an even handed manner.

A large part of our fans apparent refusal to drop a lot of the sectarian stuff is because we see fans of other clubs calling us h**ns and orange b******s every week with apparent complete impunity.

These two issues aren't mutually exclusive. We should be addressing both simultaneously.

We immediately need to galvanise as a support and stop the whataboutery and blame culture.
We are ALL at fault here, if we don't sing the songs we certainly don't prevent them from being sung.
It ends today, not next week or next month, the add ons and bigotry needs to stop today. For those belligerent or arrogant enough to continue singing the banned songs it's time you left Ibrox and don't come back.
We need to take this punishment on the chin and quickly move on, If we fail to change our ways then our fans and our Club will continue to suffer.

Hello Hello We are the Rangers Boys
Hello Hello You'll know us by our noise
We're here, we're there, we're everywhere
We're loyal through and through
For we are the Glasgow Rangers Boys.

Back