Today is Massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play some of the one touch football we played last week at Pittodrie then Motherwell's WCW tribute act will not be able to handle us.

My only fear is we still remain less than clinical at times when we cut teams open.

Reactions: BWO
Everygame from here on in is massive, hopefully go out and smash 5 by this mob today though .

We have a huge lead but January isn’t the time to go into games with the attitude that we can afford to lose or draw. Two losses or three draws could half our lead with two old firm games to play and give them the lift to put pressure on us (for that is where it would fall now).
Look, I’m not saying it’s likely, but it is more likely with a casual attitude that allows us to drop points than it is with a must win at all costs approach. This would certainly not diminish my pleasure in the journey. The watchword must continue to be “relentless”.

Happy to take advice on how to stop the butterflies mate!! :))
Well, look at it in the cold light of day. 15 wins on the bounce, against a side without a win in 11. A draw today sees us extend our lead this week by 2 points. A loss leaves us still 4 defeats ahead of the scum.

It is football. The best side wins the vast majority of times but on the rare occasion the underdog pulls off a shock, so long as things return to normal quickly afterwards, damage is rarely fatal.

Our form up to now has us in a position where a slump in form is something we can live with. That makes games like to today important, but far from massive or pivotal.

Another 3 points hammers another nail into the mentally challenged coffin. Every Rangers victory brings them yet more misery as we march toward #55. After our years of pain, I want their suffering to be intensified with every Rangers goal.
I’m sure Steven Gerrard and our team will deliver today. They have been a credit to our club and they want this title every bit as much as we do.

Today is again a massive day like it feels every match is.

I feel like a win today, if possible convincingly and progress with players coming back will take even more pressure off our players going forward.

Fir park away, mid January to go 14 points clear (if being generous to the table).......its like a dream.

To push on now in such a way......what a season.

As much as I'm happy, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling more focused this morning on the match itself :D

NO SURRENDER - DO NOT GIVE THEM AN INCH
Today is just 3 points, just the same as beating them at Ibrox is 3 points.

Every game until we win the title is just as important with none more important than others.

We’ve dropped 4 points all season and we are playing the team bottom of the league away from home with no fans.

Our team looked back to their best with the extra 4 days rest and recovery in their legs versus the sheep. Morelos in the last 3-4 games has started to look very sharp and back to his old self.

Let’s be honest on paper this is an away banker and by a few goals. The only ‘big’ aspect of this game today is laying yet another marker down to the tims that we aren’t going to ease up and let them sneak into a late title race. And probably helping the fans with PTSD take another step on their own personal recovery.

Be relentless i want to see mentally challengeds in tears of despair talking to spiders in padded rooms mumbling about January collapses and flying sharks coming to get them

I feel like a win today, if possible convincingly and progress with players coming back will take even more pressure off our players going forward.

Fir park away, mid January to go 14 points clear (if being generous to the table).......its like a dream.

As much as I'm happy, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling more focused this morning on the match itself :D

Next 3 games win the title imo.

This game is massive, they've dropped points and we win what that does to their mentality is massive. Come on Rangers 3 points.

Yes it is, but then it feels like every match we play is vital and another one ticked off. Motherwell will be up for this due to new management and also because Accies are above them. I sincerely hope we pump them and keep them there. Would love to see them go down, would give me great pleasure.

Am I missing something here, we are 20 points in front they have two games in hand. We go 23 in front with a win today?
Aye.

In spite of the filth being unable to win a game, we still seem to be wanting to hand them points they simply won't accumulate.

Guys, it's done. I know every sign of progress the last decade has been met with a kick in the balls but this is over.
Stop worrying and start enjoying, we deserve it.

Am I missing something here, we are 20 points in front they have two games in hand. We go 23 in front with a win today?
His comment said if he’s being generous, he clearly means if they win their games in hand and actually it’s how we should be thinking.

Aye.

In spite of the filth being unable to win a game, we still seem to be wanting to hand them points they simply won't accumulate.

Guys, it's done. I know every sign of progress the last decade has been met with a kick in the balls but this is over.
Stop worrying and start enjoying, we deserve it.
It’s not done, that doesn’t mean we have to worry and don’t enjoy it. Quite the opposite

clear-eyes-full-hearts.gif

Shouldnt really be nervous as we are doing so well but I am. Desperate for the win to get one step closer. Hence the Budweisers are open at 0930. Bring it on. Come on Rangers. Buzzing.

For me we need to keep winning to win the league as soon as possible, undermine their confidence and make sure we are so far ahead they cannot deny us if the corrupt powers at be try and null and void the league
Spot on, that exactly what Mr Gerrard will be doing. Focusing on each game and making sure we keep winning

I think we need to try and stop building run of the mill games up to being something they are not. The cushion we have needs to be maintained as much as possible, but we will, inevitably, drop points at some stage and if we have the games built up to these massive sporting occasions, we risk more serious issues when the drops do happen.

What today is is an opportunity. it is a chance to maintain a winning run and a chance to extend our lead this week.

What it is not is a make or break, do or die game that we simply have to win or face dire consequences.

Yes, every game is important and we should never be going on the park complacent. By the same measure though, we should never be going on the park considering a one off league game against the side bottom of the table as some kind of massive game.

These league games should all be reaching their level with us now; A game we are 100% capable of winning, that we will win all things considered, but where shit can occasionally happen and it is not the end of times if it does. Less pressure is a good thing for us right now, not more.
You’ve written what I feel in far more eloquent terms.

It’s almost double mate, it will be 23 points

Am I right in saying we have had a ‘Today is massive’ thread before every game this season ?

you are right though OP we have not won anything yet so let’s keep the habit going
Which is then full of obscure stats and reasons as to why County/Motherwell/St Johnstone will be like facing a combined XI from Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Liverpool

Motherwell cannot string 10 behind the ball as they need points.
This will open the game up and we will pick them off imo.
I would give Helander the shout today.
The tims 2 slip ups have gave us leeway just in case.

It’s almost double mate, it will be 23 points

Remember what the manager said when we beat them at Ibrox. He specifically said the gap was 10 points. That was a conscious thing. Thats the mindset at the club and that hasn't changed.

Will they win their 3 games in hand? Who knows? But we can't control that and the manager views the gap now as 14 points. (if we win today that is)

Remember what the manager said when we beat them at Ibrox. He specifically said the gap was 10 points. That was a conscious thing. Thats the mindset at the club and that hasn't changed.

Will they win their 3 games in hand? Who knows? But we can't control that and the manager views the gap now as 14 points.
I know what your saying but they probably won’t win those games tbh

We have a huge lead but January isn’t the time to go into games with the attitude that we can afford to lose or draw. Two losses or three draws could half our lead with two old firm games to play and give them the lift to put pressure on us (for that is where it would fall now).
Look, I’m not saying it’s likely, but it is more likely with a casual attitude that allows us to drop points than it is with a must win at all costs approach. This would certainly not diminish my pleasure in the journey. The watchword must continue to be “relentless”.
Two losses doesn’t even half our lead. Kind of tells you the situation we are in.

Another cup final, each win is a step closer to glory for our players and manager, don’t take the pressure off now, let’s show people what a great side we are

It’s not done, that doesn’t mean we have to worry and don’t enjoy it. Quite the opposite
Mathematically not.

I bet you don't know a single Rangers fan who thought we could still win the league last season when football was stopped though.

I fucking hate Motherwell and their shitey fans. I hope we destroy them and put them in their place. Bottom of the league. Would love to see them go down.

Every game when they drop points is big during a title race.

Granted it’s feeling less like a race these days, but I don’t want to stumble over the finishing line.

I know what your saying but they probably won’t win those games tbh

Its impossible to say what they'll do with their games in hand...but I struggle to see what benefit there is to assuming they will drop points in them. What does that do other than foster complacency on our part?

It's to go 23 clear op.

Lets not give their 3 games in hand as certain wins because they won't be and they will drop more on Wednesday.

The league is done.
Those who were saying “well it’s 7 points really” and were acting as if they were being more realistic cannot continue to hold that stance and look sane or sensible.

Of their 3 games in hand, maybe they will get 4-7 points. I will be amazed if they take 9 from them to be honest.

Wednesday being one of those original games in hand from postponements right?

Reactions: TQ3
OH NO no another massive day i' m telling you I can't take any more of these days. I will be glad next week when its no a massive day :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back