Today is Massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkhill_True_Blues

Today is again a massive day like it feels every match is.

I feel like a win today, if possible convincingly and progress with players coming back will take even more pressure off our players going forward.

Fir park away, mid January to go 14 points clear (if being generous to the table).......its like a dream.

To push on now in such a way......what a season.

As much as I'm happy, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling more focused this morning on the match itself :D

NO SURRENDER - DO NOT GIVE THEM AN INCH

I feel like a win today, if possible convincingly and progress with players coming back will take even more pressure off our players going forward.

Fir park away, mid January to go 14 points clear (if being generous to the table).......its like a dream.

As much as I'm happy, I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling more focused this morning on the match itself :D

It really is - we cannot open the door a single inch & any type of win will heap pressure on the isolators for Wednesday.

Am I missing something here, we are 20 points in front they have two games in hand. We go 23 in front with a win today?

They are all massive until it’s in the bag but we now know they are a busted flush which means I will not be drinking for the game today

Reactions: TQ3
Am I missing something here, we are 20 points in front they have two games in hand. We go 23 in front with a win today?

I assume he is taking games in hand into account. But in that case, it's hardly 'to go 14 points clear' - we already are 14 points clear!

*if anything it's to stay 14 points ahead as we can't get any further ahead with the games in hand "system" basically assuming Celtic win every game ever...

We don’t really have any league games left that are “massive”.

We’re so far ahead no one game carries a lot of importance.

Coach and manager will approach it professionally though.

Jan 2 was massive. Aberdeen was arguably a big game, but given the state of their collapse it’s not such a big deal.

The inference of saying it is “massive” is that it is massive in the context of winning the league. Mathematically and logically it’s not.

As fans who want us to go the league season unbeaten it’s obviously hugely important.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to this game today. The manager knows what we need to do and I'm happy with that. :) . Fully expect to be 2 ahead at halftime and go further ahead in the 2nd half.

Today is important because it’s a Rangers game, but if you build up every remaining fixture like this then one day we’ll lose and it’ll feel like the end of days.

I know what you mean mate. However keep those standards high and should never let them drop. We must treat every match now like the biggest.....home and away....if we drop points we must bounce back.

Champions never stop winning, as a support we should expect nothing less.....unless its done :D

There’s been so many games this season which Iv went into thinking ‘this is us the biggest game of the season’ and today is the same
Today is not bigger than many games we’ve had this season.
It’s arguably not as big as the remaining Scottish cup and European games as we are so far ahead the outcome of today’s score will be immaterial to the destination of the title.

I enjoy the nerves, the excitement. Just such a thrill to see the boys wear the shirt and perform with the skill the shirt demands.
It's definitely PTSD but you do worry about a defeat and the knock on effect, then the boys usually blow that out of the water in the first 5 minutes

I think we need to try and stop building run of the mill games up to being something they are not. The cushion we have needs to be maintained as much as possible, but we will, inevitably, drop points at some stage and if we have the games built up to these massive sporting occasions, we risk more serious issues when the drops do happen.

What today is is an opportunity. it is a chance to maintain a winning run and a chance to extend our lead this week.

What it is not is a make or break, do or die game that we simply have to win or face dire consequences.

Yes, every game is important and we should never be going on the park complacent. By the same measure though, we should never be going on the park considering a one off league game against the side bottom of the table as some kind of massive game.

These league games should all be reaching their level with us now; A game we are 100% capable of winning, that we will win all things considered, but where shit can occasionally happen and it is not the end of times if it does. Less pressure is a good thing for us right now, not more.

in some ways , today is a free hit, hibs and livingston at the piggery ordinarily would be a stick on 6 points for that shower, that they picked up only a third of that is a very welcome bonus, so getting out of motherwell today with the 3 points would for me make our lead almost unsurmountable, just do it Rangers

Every game is huge until its mathematically impossible to be caught.

Motherwell are fighting for their lives so we will be in for a battle today.

It’s down our players to show their quality and come away with the 3 points and at worst be 14 points clear at the top.

Yes it’s a huge game again today

3 points is vital. Get them and we increase the lead again and they are away at Livi on Wednesday and that’s a tough game

If the players can keep the winning run going today it will be another step closer to the title

Let’s hope the players get the job done today

I think we need to try and stop building run of the mill games up to being something they are not. The cushion we have needs to be maintained as much as possible, but we will, inevitably, drop points at some stage and if we have the games built up to these massive sporting occasions, we risk more serious issues when the drops do happen.

What today is is an opportunity. it is a chance to maintain a winning run and a chance to extend our lead this week.

What it is not is a make or break, do or die game that we simply have to win or face dire consequences.

Yes, every game is important and we should never be going on the park complacent. By the same measure though, we should never be going on the park considering a one off league game against the side bottom of the table as some kind of massive game.

These league games should all be reaching their level with us now; A game we are 100% capable of winning, that we will win all things considered, but where shit can occasionally happen and it is not the end of times if it does. Less pressure is a good thing for us right now, not more.
Happy to take advice on how to stop the butterflies mate!! :))

This is how it should be, counting down the minutes until Rangers play, knowing we have our target within sight. No let up tho, Stevie is highly driven to win, and that is what we have missed, that determination to go for the throat. This is the season that we show we are truly back!
Mon the Teddy Bears!

Remember when their players ignored Gerrard after his first game against them by refusing to shake his hand? Well, I want those same players demoralised to the point they no longer wish to play the game. I want that team crushed and ground into dust. No complacency, just a focused determination to destroy them.

Edit. Not Motherwell, but the team whose name deserves no mention.

Again I know what you mean, however its what it means at the moment.

3 points on that table mate. I wouldn't care who it was, it merits the massive word :D Nerves perhaps do catch up at times for us all.

Absolute monster of a game.
This is the marker for a title, after many markers already laid down.
I don't think the mentally challengeds can come back from a Rangers win today.
They can't come back from the present standings, the league is virtually over. We need to lose 5 games, they need to win all theirs to overtake us and that ain't happening. We'll be 23 points ahead after today's game

Yeap 3 points and get this finished and over the line ASAP

oh and just for good measure, it heaps on a lot more misery on them scum while they are already at an all time though and that makes me happy

Every game is big but we literally just need to play alright for the rest of the season and it’s done.

Motherwell haven’t won in 11 games, today should be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back