Today Is The Deadline For Dave King Money Transfer

Much well-meaning advice here to (multi-millionaire) DK from knowledgeable, professional supporters.
Some may be millionaires themselves. I'm not :(.
Having seen him save our Club from the death-grip of the spivs, I'll simply await our chairman's whim.
It's his money, his 'reputation', his call. The TOP deposit is the haters' obsession. No-one bullies King ;).

Last edited:
Much well-meaning advice here to (multi-millionaire) DK from knowledgeable, professional supporters.
Some may be millionaires themselves. I'm not :(.
Having seen him save our Club from the death-grip of the spivs, I'll simply await our chairman's whim.
It's his money, his 'reputation', his call. The TOP deposit is the haters' obsession. No-one bullies King ;).
the guy brought us back from the brink....and that's after he lost £20 million when Murray was in charge....we owe him big time....just shows you what being infected with the 'Gersvirus does when you're young. Castlemilk Dave..thank you for rescuing our club

Can the holding company have a public share issue if it isn't listed on any market.

I think it would need to be private but shares issues can take place and be sold to ordinary punters like us, thats another argument surely if we are want to get listed on a respectable market again we can't have this kind of stuff hanging over us.

I think it would need to be private but shares issues can take place and be sold to ordinary punters like us, thats another argument surely if we are want to get listed on a respectable market again we can't have this kind of stuff hanging over us.

We had one just a few months ago. The AGM approved another one, possibly this year.

We had one just a few months ago. The AGM approved another one, possibly this year.

That wasn't a public share issue, it was a sale of shares to selected parties. I think the next share issue will be the same.

The point is, Dave King's current issues don't seem to affect that, which is what Snoopproddiedogg seemed to be asking about.

That wasn't a public share issue, it was a sale of shares to selected parties. I think the next share issue will be the same.

The point is, Dave King's current issues don't seem to affect that, which is what Snoopproddiedogg seemed to be asking about.

You're right but I was answering his post about the last private share issue and that it hadn't fallen foul of the TOP. Indeed, the TOP had to approve it beforehand. The next one will be private also. Don't hold your breath, we are a long way from being able to get a public share issue away. However, the last share issue made it nigh on impossible that King's bid will reach the required 50% threshold. So it will fail, I believe.

Last edited:
But what benefit is to the spivs to sell to DK? What’s the current trading price versus what he needs to offer. I have to confess I’ve not really kept up to pace with this.

Is this not focused on the suspended shares - they can't be sold as normal to e.g. 1872 but under the terms of this offer they could receive 20p.

Also convenient for SD to have this rumble on at a time of negotiation over strip deal.

Back