Today Is The Deadline For Dave King Money Transfer

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Today, by 1730hrs, is the deadline for Dave King to transfer money to the UK in line with the Court ruling on the Takeover Panel tribunal. The actual offer has to be made by 25 January at 1730hrs.

Do we think we will hear anything before the latter date? Confirmation of funds transferred perhaps?

I appreciate that the process is nugatory and, given the fact that under 50% will accept the offer, King will never actually have to buy any of the shares, but this has been a long-running saga - poorly handled in my own opinion - and I will be glad to see it finally brought to an end. We can then focus on beating the Fat C*nt on the merchandising deal in (I think) early April - which will then bring all outstanding Court cases to an end. Hopefully. Unless I’ve forgotten any others that are ongoing.

Timetable is outlined here:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...court-ordered-shares-bid-after-contempt-case/

Today, by 1730hrs, is the deadline for Dave King to transfer money to the UK in line with the Court ruling on the Takeover Panel tribunal. The actual offer has to be made by 25 January at 1730hrs.

Do we think we will hear anything before the latter date? Confirmation of funds transferred perhaps?

I appreciate that the process is nugatory and, given the fact that under 50% will accept the offer, King will never actually have to buy any of the shares, but this has been a long-running saga - poorly handled in my own opinion - and I will be glad to see it finally brought to an end. We can then focus on beating the Fat C*nt on the merchandising deal in (I think) early April - which will then bring all outstanding Court cases to an end. Hopefully. Unless I’ve forgotten any others that are ongoing.

Timetable is outlined here:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...court-ordered-shares-bid-after-contempt-case/
Hopefully this will get resolved & we can all move on from this

I think, aside from Sports Direct, the only other ongoing case is with Orlit Enterprises & their claim regarding rafat Rizvi

looking forward to the day all these legacy contracts of the old board are done & dusted that’s for sure !!

because those that are expecting it will grass to the press straight away.
Absolutely. If the last 6 years taught us anything it’s that we have haters in every area of society, we had grasses from within HMRC revealing confidential info to the press, I’m absolutely certain this would be leaked as well.

The usual suspects are absolutely gagging for King not to do this so there will be negative headlines once more. I hope for all our sakes that it gets done this time.

DK pledged a third party cash confirmer would confirm to the TOP by 14th Dec he had money to make his offer with. Presumably confirmation has been provided. It's no small thing as the cash confirmer can be pursued for the money should DK find himself short at offer time.
One last thing @Valley Bluenose
giphy.gif

:D

As King always stated at no point would any of this effect the football club, the recent signings of Defoe and Davis further highlight it. Whatever he chooses to do, or not do! Will be done for his own reasons and meticulously thought through.
No need to draw a line under anything, at no point has it hindered our finance, credit, off field performances or on field performances. We need to stop being thin skinned regards the media scaremongering. Dave King does what he wants when he wants

DK pledged a third party cash confirmer would confirm to the TOP by 14th Dec he had money to make his offer with. Presumably confirmation has been provided. It's no small thing as the cash confirmer can be pursued for the money should DK find himself short at offer time.
One last thing @Valley Bluenose
giphy.gif

:D

Ha ha. Really? I will be generous and assume you are having a wee joke.:cool: Can we legitimately stretch the 'season of goodwill' this far into January?

Your point of the 'cash confirmer' is a good one though. I'm sure we'd have heard by now if there was an issue on that score so, hopefully, all's well. In truth I just want this particular issue put to bed. For me its been an unnecessary, unwelcome and poorly handled distraction.

I’d imagine if King hasn’t complied or doesn’t comply with what he’s meant to, then the Rangers-obsessed Celtic fans and the Rangers-obsessed pro-Celtic ‘journalists’ will soon let us know...

Ha ha. Really? I will be generous and assume you are having a wee joke.:cool: Can we legitimately stretch the 'season of goodwill' this far into January?

Your point of the 'cash confirmer' is a good one though. I'm sure we'd have heard by now if there was an issue on that score so, hopefully, all's well. In truth I just want this particular issue put to bed. For me its been an unnecessary, unwelcome and poorly handled distraction.
It was a joke on starting a DK thread and FF's strong suspicion of DK discussion. As we both contribute to DK threads I figured you must have noticed "suspect" posts, and responses to them. I thought you might appreciate a little bit of humour, so I used a cat instead of the dog ... maybe it's not a joking matter! Anyway does the season of goodwill ever have to end on FF?;)
I hope the offer saga is drawing to a close too. After all these years it'll finally draw a line under the ownership battle against Ashley and his cohorts. It'll be nice to officially declare victory, and turn our full focus on the onerous merch contract front.

It was a joke on starting a DK thread and FF's strong suspicion of DK discussion. As we both contribute to DK threads I figured you must have noticed "suspect" posts, and responses to them. I thought you might appreciate a little bit of humour, so I used a cat instead of the dog ... maybe it's not a joking matter! Anyway does the season of goodwill ever have to end on FF?;)
I hope the offer saga is drawing to a close too. After all these years it'll finally draw a line under the ownership battle against Ashley and his cohorts. It'll be nice to officially declare victory, and turn our full focus on the onerous merch contract front.

No worries mate. Even after all these years on FF I'm still a bit sensitive to the 'sniffs' LOL. My problem, not yours.:oops:

The 'season of goodwill' will continue into May - and the celebrations thereafter, God willing.:D:D

It will end up costing him hundreds of thousands and in the end for nothing.

So all the nonsense about it being "poorly handled" and wishing "he just done it" are just that. Nonsense!

Would you rather he just done it and cut our transfer budget accordingly?
Or would you prefer he tried to show them it was a waste of time and money and used that money on Rangers?

It will end up costing him hundreds of thousands and in the end for nothing.

So all the nonsense about it being "poorly handled" and wishing "he just done it" are just that. Nonsense!

Would you rather he just done it and cut our transfer budget accordingly?
Or would you prefer he tried to show them it was a waste of time and money and used that money on Rangers?

Your first sentence is correct. However, that was always going to be the outcome whether he 'did the deed' at the beginning or now. He could actually have saved himself a whole bunch of Court costs in fact.

I hope he does it because the last thing we need is our chairman in court on a charge of contempt.

We've finally started to build some serious momentum - we can't afford any distractions at now or everything could become chaos again.

Your first sentence is correct. However, that was always going to be the outcome whether he 'did the deed' at the beginning or now. He could actually have saved himself a whole bunch of Court costs in fact.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Paranoia would say there are other businesses where "common sense" would have been used.
Especially as we've seen it used against us. In spite of laws, rules and regulations.

I hope he does it because the last thing we need is our chairman in court on a charge of contempt.

We've finally started to build some serious momentum - we can't afford any distractions at now or everything could become chaos again.

This ^^^^^^^^ is about the whole of it from a fan's perspective.

Of course, it doesn't personally affect us in the very real way it does affect Dave King.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants all of these sideshow issues kicked into touch. The timmy mhedia just love to dig them out from time to Tim (deliberate typo :D) and use them as a stick with which to beat us and our chairman.

I just want to get back to the place where we are only being discussed in terms of whether or not anybody can stop us sweeping the board of trophies :)

This ^^^^^^^^ is about the whole of it from a fan's perspective.

Of course, it doesn't personally affect us in the very real way it does affect Dave King.

However, I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants all of these sideshow issues kicked into touch. The timmy mhedia just love to dig them out from time to Tim (deliberate typo :D) and use them as a stick with which to beat us and our chairman.

I just want to get back to the place where we are only being discussed in terms of whether or not anybody can stop us sweeping the board of trophies :)

Does it actually distract anyone apart from a few people on Twitter ?

We have managed to cope so far.

I can’t see how people on here keep saying it will have no impact on the club? I agree it is not anything we should worry about but it does have an impact for a whole range of reasons:
1. If David King has to pay the spivs any money whatsoever, it’s money that he cannot invest further into the club.
2. We don’t want a director of our club in “contempt of court”. The negative publicity it will generate by the mhedia alone would be constant, not to mention;
3. His personal reputation and ability to generate further investors if he is found in COC
4. And finally, as one of our own and a saviour of the club would we really be selfish enough to say that we didn’t care if he got charged or jailed?

Dave King will have done as requested. Before he was dealing with a regulatory body, now he's dealing with a judge. You do not disregard an agreement you have made with the judge.

I can’t see how people on here keep saying it will have no impact on the club? I agree it is not anything we should worry about but it does have an impact for a whole range of reasons:
1. If David King has to pay the spivs any money whatsoever, it’s money that he cannot invest further into the club.
2. We don’t want a director of our club in “contempt of court”. The negative publicity it will generate by the mhedia alone would be constant, not to mention;
3. His personal reputation and ability to generate further investors if he is found in COC
4. And finally, as one of our own and a saviour of the club would we really be selfish enough to say that we didn’t care if he got charged or jailed?
I don’t quite get no. 1?

If you buy shares from an existing shareholder the company doesn't benefit, only the shareholder. Buying them in a share issue is more beneficial for the company.
But what benefit is to the spivs to sell to DK? What’s the current trading price versus what he needs to offer. I have to confess I’ve not really kept up to pace with this.

Back