Today proves for me that Gerrard biggest mistake was braking up Goldson and Katic this season.

He looks like a superstar and player next to Katic though. Especially in the Qualifiers in UFA etc.

The common denominator is Worral clearly.

We won't see him again thankfully.

I know it was a nothing game today and hindsight is a beautiful thing, but the team selection was jobby imho. But I'm not going to criticise the gaffer as I have every confidence in him leading the charge next season

Not from me pal , I know he had a good game in the 1-0 at home to Celtic but never been a fan.

Thats your prerogative but some of our fans are a fu.ckin disgrace.

After the 1 0 at Ibrox every c.unt and their granny were praying wee c.unt face O' Neil wouldn't recall him from his loan.

Now, a few months later he's a diddy.

Imo, utterly pathetic.

We looked incredibly fragile with Worrall next to Goldson and I believe it was Gerrard biggest mistake this season.

Worrall is a bombscare and the whole side were very nervous defensively when he plays hopefully lesson learned.

No his biggest mistake was spunking millions on a couple of Croatian imposters.

We looked incredibly fragile with Worrall next to Goldson and I believe it was Gerrard biggest mistake this season.

Worrall is a bombscare and the whole side were very nervous defensively when he plays hopefully lesson learned.
Totally agree. Was Katic injured today?

Thought Worrall was perfectly fine today.

If today validated any issue it was the same issues re moving the ball slowly from midfield to attack rather than one individual

Sounds by his interview today that katic will be a mainstay next season. Just wish he hadn't dropped him for so long this season or we could have been having a very different day today.

I like to think I'm a decent judge of a player. I've said all season that Katic is the better player. There was other issues that caused Katic to drop out of the team but it certainly wasn't down to ability.
Correct re the other issues.

Those have been mentioned before on here but some like to forget them so they can have a pop at the manager

I just don’t get it this season. Didn’t make any sense

He’s made a few errors as well as getting a lot correct. It was his first year in management, so I think we can cut him some slack. Also with Katic - I’m not sure there is not more too it. There was some off field stuff - sick dad? - and Katic did have some bad performances so I’d cut him some slack.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, when you think back to that killie game post Christmas. Worrell had a nightmare. But go back a few weeks and he was outstanding at Ibrox against Celtic and I bet there were threads about him praising him.

What matters is he knows what we need going forward.

Only the gaffer knows why he dropped big Katic and brought in Wobble.

I think Katic needed the time out, perhaps however not the length of his absence. He was a bomb scare at Hamilton away when he was hooked. Keep in mind he’s a young guy. He’s been superb since coming back in

Worrall has the potential to be a good defender. Maybe better suited to a smaller team(like forest) where he can just concentrate on defending.

You will get no arguement from me!

It was painfully obvious to many of us.

Unfortunately, sadly and incredulously… the gaffer wasn’t one of them!

Can we please realise that Katic had off the field personal issues to get over and benching him was probably the best thing to do for him?

Not according to Katic.
He was angry he got dropped as he like many of us could see that Worrall was inferior.
Now on Rangers tv after thegame today Gerrard says he needs Katic and Arfield for 60 games next season!
Really is this as close he is going to go to admitting that he screwed up dropping Katic?

It’s no
Don’t say he’s had good games doesn’t fit the FF

It’s not about individuals……when are people going to realize this?
It’s about the best partnership.
If Worrall has a good game but Goldson then is responsible for conceding three goals …as his partner how is this good for the team?
Hypothetically speaking…

It’s no

It’s not about individuals……when are people going to realize this?
It’s about the best partnership.
If Worrall has a good game but Goldson then is responsible for conceding three goals …as his partner how is this good for the team?
Hypothetically speaking…
It’s the best partnership but Worral bar Killie after break done Very the little wrong over the top criticism as per on here. Anyway we now need maybe 2 centre half’s for back up

There were rumours of off-field issues with Nikola, particularly family related. It's easy for us to sit here behind a keyboard and say it was wrong, but we don't know him.

Plus sometimes taking young players out is not a bad thing. It's worked in this case.

I actually think katic is our best centre half at the moment. Never rated Worrall at all, glad he's gone.

I tend to agree that overall Katic is our best defender. Goldson has better timing and judgement and possible positioning but give it another season or two of developing and Katic will be way ahead and will iron out most of that.

You can tell he is a quality centre back in the making and he should be a first pick next season.

Not according to Katic.
He was angry he got dropped as he like many of us could see that Worrall was inferior.
Now on Rangers tv after thegame today Gerrard says he needs Katic and Arfield for 60 games next season!
Really is this as close he is going to go to admitting that he screwed up dropping Katic?

He didn't screw up though, Katic's form was woeful and deserved to be dropped as he even admitted himself in his interview with the Croatian press last week.

To think that Forrest value Worrall at £10 million is an absolute joke. He's probably worth about £750k at most

To think that Forrest value Worrall at £10 million is an absolute joke. He's probably worth about £750k at most

Course he is aye..

His CV makes him worth the same amount of money we paid for David Templeton, thats a belter.

I reckon Gerrard has managed Katic well.

Each to their own, though.

It was pretty much common knowledge that Katic experienced some personal issues around October time onwards. I've said this on here until I'm blue in the face.

It's far easier though to just say Gerrard didn't play him for the sake of it and deliberately hindered the team.

Various factors and that`s just one of them, even though at the time Katic was replaced by Worrall, he was somewhat off-form. Remember that he played quite a few EL games by that time and probably needed a rest.

Yet, keeping the 4-3-3 no matter what against packed defenses and teams out to destroy any sort of football was the biggest factor IMHO. The front three were far too easily crowded out and the support we got from Arfield these last 6 games was not there before. 4-3-3 is nice to play, if you have the players and the opposition is playing something that can be remotely described as football. More often than not, 3-5-2 or the like would have been better, i.e. domination the midfield and keep the opposition occupied in their half.

Another factor is sub-standard refereeing, or lets say us being refereed differently than the opposition.

Worrall is a big physical, no-nonsense centre half who is actually quite mobile for his size.

Got to remember, he was the one being rotated-in and had less game time to adapt to systems and personnel.

He performed well for us in big games but struggled on that shitey Killie pitch.

We would have bit someone's hand off for a centre back like Worrall the past few years. He gets it too tight but I definitely believe Katic and Goldson are our best pairing.

Imo Katic either has a bad attitude in training or we had to play Worrall to avoid paying a chunky fee.

Be glad to see the back of Worral,not enough class to begin with and spot on about him being a bombscare, we'll get far better cover than that.

Never broke it up the boy told us himself he was making simple mistakes that’s why he was dropped. If we are honest he’s came back in a far better player.

He absolutely f ucked it,splitting them up.

At the time I agreed with you I thought what’s the Gaffer thinking about I mean he was playing ok. But looking back I think Katic had lost a bit of confidence although playing good the Gaffer must have seen something to leave him out the team for a good period of time.
Since he’s come back he’s been absolutely tremendous, he’s come back a stronger more confident player as far as I’m concerned that’s a fine bit of man management and hopefully this confidence will still be with him at the start of next season and he hits the ground running, think he’s going to be a great player.

Back