Todays political press and police savaging - some background

Kilpatricknick

Source : A good mate in the Police who was on duty at Ibrox on Saturday and apparently has had sight
of a couple of the incident reports over the weekend.

Rangers security raised the possibility of supporter gatherings several weeks ago if/when 55 came about with Police and local politicians. Little response was initially forthcoming however very recent suggestions saying nothing of note would be necessary until 21/3 at the earliest and there would be a big plan in place if this date was pivotal. Hence despite Rangers requests they were given no guidance as to any form or PR or other means of communicating with fans. SG did touch briefly on following covid guidance in a press conference but this was coincidental

Both the Police AND the Club were caught short by numbers gathering at Ibrox prior to SM match, estimates were 500 tops and expectations were most would depart prior to KO to go home and watch the game on RTV. As the day progressed it was clear that those outside the ground were not for moving and estimated actual numbers were around 2500-3000 at full time. Given these numbers containment was the only appropriate and achievable response. Officers were instructed NOT to arrest nor detain those present for pyro or street drinking or Covid offences as this would have an effect on the numbers of officers present.

A quick meeting with Rangers security and a Police Inspector on duty came to an AGREED conclusion that some brief Socially Distanced interaction between the players and fans may effectively "give the fans what they want to see" and hasten their departure, hence the players going to the Copland gates after the match and then out the dressing room windows was actually encouraged to a large extent. This similar tactic was also asked of the players at Auchenhowie yesterday afternoon to achieve a similar purpose.

The Police statement this evening was not the forces intention but more or less came straight from Humza's office today and the Officer who put his name to it basically had no choice but apparently hes fuucking mad at having to do this as he feels it will undermine existing good relations between Police and the club (including intervention advice) but the Snatzis gave him no wiggle room.

No reason to doubt this guy and theres a lot of very unhappy coppers in Glasgow just now as to how this whole thing has been played out.

Make of this what you will.

Asked him about George Sq but wasn't working then and none the wiser as to the finer detail

100% politicised by the Scottish Gov to deflect from their own failings.

I hope the club don’t back down an inch.

Hope they are better prepared for when the league trophy gets handed over, or a Scottish Cup final win, or when we are all at Glasgow Airport welcoming the Europa League winners back into the country...

Sounds about right. The 28 arrests were more likely to be 'boots on the ground' falling out with drunken bams who wouldn't take a telling and as you say when they have shown a great degree of tolerance and numbers are short, the arrests would be a last resort.

The comments from SNP HQ and various councillors and MSPs trying to shift blame to Rangers are nothing short of a disgrace.

They set the tone with tacit permission of BLM / Asylum Seeker rights gatherings last year. They were warned that doing so would make it more difficult to disperse gatherings like this, or to stop any other 'refused' parades that might want to take place.

The police are caught between a rock and a hard place with this, but individual cops like OP's mate, members of the forum and good bears who love the club as much as the next guy don't necessarily deserve the ACAB and FTPolis comments that will inevitably come.

This maybe ties in with the senior cop who slammed rangers fc on his police scotland twitter earlier! The tweet seems to have disappeared and re written with no mention of the club this time

The Natzi's deflection strategy 100% by the time the spin proves to be a pack of lies the narrative will be shifted to good old Nicola emancipating the republic from the evil virus.

They were caught short didn't expect it to be won yesterday.
Government backtracking.

Source : A good mate in the Police who was on duty at Ibrox on Saturday and apparently has had sight

Rangers security raised the possibility of supporter gatherings several weeks ago if/when 55 came about with Police and local politicians. Little response was initially forthcoming however very recent suggestions saying nothing of note would be necessary until 21/3 at the earliest and there would be a big plan in place if this date was pivotal. Hence despite Rangers requests they were given no guidance as to any form or PR or other means of communicating with fans. SG did touch briefly on following covid guidance in a press conference but this was coincidental

Both the Police AND the Club were caught short by numbers gathering at Ibrox prior to SM match, estimates were 500 tops and expectations were most would depart prior to KO to go home and watch the game on RTV. As the day progressed it was clear that those outside the ground were not for moving and estimated actual numbers were around 2500-3000 at full time. Given these numbers containment was the only appropriate and achievable response. Officers were instructed NOT to arrest nor detain those present for pyro or street drinking or Covid offences as this would have an effect on the numbers of officers present.

A quick meeting with Rangers security and a Police Inspector on duty came to an AGREED conclusion that some brief Socially Distanced interaction between the players and fans may effectively "give the fans what they want to see" and hasten their departure, hence the players going to the Copland gates after the match and then out the dressing room windows was actually encouraged to a large extent. This similar tactic was also asked of the players at Auchenhowie yesterday afternoon to achieve a similar purpose.

The Police statement this evening was not the forces intention but more or less came straight from Humza's office today and the Officer who put his name to it basically had no choice but apparently hes fuucking mad at having to do this as he feels it will undermine existing good relations between Police and the club (including intervention advice) but the Snatzis gave him no wiggle room.

No reason to doubt this guy and theres a lot of very unhappy coppers in Glasgow just now as to how this whole thing has been played out.

Asked him about George Sq but wasn't working then and none the wiser as to the finer detail
This all makes sense but doubt it will see the light of day in the MSM. Police knew or should have known the likelihood of a repeat on Sunday at Goerges Square, it was well predicted on social media. However like everyone else they have expected Celtic to be clear favourites to win at Tannadice. The draw was again the odds' ....I had a fiver on @4-1, dont recall what the Utd win odds were. Understandably unreasonable for the Police to plan for an outdoor party on that basis. They got caught out through a mix of circumstances, some outwith their control.

They weren't going out to win that game yesterday, it would have been the final humiliation for them to see us winning the league at their hovel.

I said to my mate after the Livingston game that the league would be won at the weekend as he was of the mind we were going to win it at parkhead.

Until the Natz came into power, the Police had to be politically neutral.

Previously there had been 8 Forces in Scotland, so 8 Chief Constables who could unite and stand up to Government interference. However, the introduction of Police (Scotland) deliberately ended that, with only one Chief Constable - Stephen House - who was a walkover.

As a result, the Police and the entire Legal System are now under the control of the Natz Dictatorship and anyone who complains internally, never mind sticks their head above the parapet, can kiss goodbye to their career and probably their pension as well.

Stephen House's replacement as Chief Constable, Phil Gormley, tried to stand up to the Natz Government interference and was out the door pretty damn quick, with allegations of misconduct raised against him.

If you don't do as Gruppenfuhrer Krankie says, you are gone and they will stop at nothing to make it happen. Just look at how they have dealt with Fat Eck, who was one of their own.

If there are a lot of unhappy dibble then they need to put their heads above the trenches then instead of just allowing this free for all to run and run.
If anyone doubts this version events then consider this. The statements from the SNP and Police Scotland were almost word for word.
Were Police Scotland pissed at the SNP directive so simply repeated it?
Out in the wash eventually.

See I could believe all that but I don't believe any of it.

The final whistle had barely blown and the players were over to the fans, no way a police commander has gave message to the club and then that's got to Gerrard and then the players imo
The whistle blew and they were almost instinctively off

Absolutely no reason to doubt the OP.

By almost all accounts the police officers in attendance handled things fairly well and took a common sense approach. Fans were fairly complimentary about plod.

The statement released reeks of political point scoring. I wonder what threats were behind that statement to get it issued.

The final whistle had barely blown and the players were over to the fans, no way a police commander has gave message to the club and then that's got to Gerrard and then the players imo

What, you mean like, pre-planned?

You’d be surprised at the amount of planning that goes on behind the scenes ahead of big games.

The SNP were made to look stupid this morning, particularly Swinney at the briefing.

They used the UEFA threat first - quickly disproven.

They said we didn’t ask fans to stay at home - quickly disproven.

It took them until early evening before they were using the ‘they didn’t help us diffuse the situation’ line.

This was then was rolled out from their pets in the media.

It is incredible that Rangers Plc is being held to account for the behaviour of their customers, over whom they have absolutely no control.
This is further compounded by the fact that Sunday's events only unfolded because Celtc failed to win a football match. Just how the actual fukk can Rangers be held in any way responsible for (Celtc being shiite) activities which took place after a match in which they were not involved?
It should not be forgotten that although the mhankies went abroad on a holiday during a pandemic, and brought covid back to Scotland, they have not been subjected to anything like the condemnation that has been levelled at Rangers.
Any condemnation of the weekend's events should be laid at the door of those in attendance, or those responsible for preventing them.
It really has nothing to do with Rangers football club.
Meanwhile a serial child abuser across the city, facing further charges, gets a footnote mention on the news, but absolutely no mention of the club involved.
It appears in Scotland that Rangers are responsible for the behaviour of their customers, but Celtc are not responsible for the actions of their employees.

Dunno - only passing on what I was told. As it was clear shortly after KO that the crowds outside weren't for leaving I'm guessing that as we were 2-0 up at HT this info could have been passed to the players then??? And its no coincidence that there was a good few stewards in the vicinity of the gates as well.

And this is why the SNP wanted one centralised politicised police force. And the mentally challengeds actually have the cheek to claim the police have some anti-catholic agenda.

Even worse is that fact that there will be many Rangers supporters (even on this board) that continue to vote for the SNP even though they want to destroy our club.

And this is why the SNP wanted one centralised politicised police force. And the mentally challengeds actually have the cheek to claim the police have some anti-catholic agenda.

Even worse is that fact that there will be many Rangers supporters (even on this board) that continue to vote for the SNP even though they want to destroy our club.

No SNP voter is welcome at Ibrox in my view.

It isn't merely that they want to.
It is because they need to.

Rangers winning the league is like a stake through the heart of their propaganda.
We are the Union Flag rising.

You can tell even from the way the police “ statement “ is written it’s by the hand of the SNP

It was a political statement, not a coppers one.

The police done well yesterday, I wasnt there but seen f all tweets or moans or videos of them getting heavy handed. This is backed up the reporting of 28 arrests as if it is a riot. Less than 1% of attendees?

The players went out later though. After the final whistle was probably spontaneous.

Don't forget the SNP base everything on their hatred of the Union.

Their core of voters are of the same mind.

Rangers FC and those who support them are their enemy, they hate us.

Bad mouthing the club and its fans isn't a new thing, they tried to kill us off, we have the strongest voice against them, they fkn hate us like nothing else, they are bigots, a poison to Scotland, they don't really care about Scotland they just hate the Union.

Don't vote for the bastards, make them crawl back under the stone they came from. The whole lot of them are trying like fk to mess up everything we take for granted. Don't let them succeed.

I find it difficult to understand why they couldn’t see the possible conclusion at the weekend . In fact I would say anyone who failed to see that possibility is knowingly doing so . then on Saturday about 3.30PM / 4.00PM the first result was confirmed .

why wouldn’t you cover that risk

as for fan numbers on Saturday that wasn’t wildly outside the envelope and neither was Sunday

the only successes I see are so many fans Did stay home and the Policing tone seemed appropriate for the Joyous celebrations .

my interpretation of all of this was it was a political setup by Scot Gov . Why ? Only obvious possibility I know is the deflection of there present mess and the hate of that snp party towards a club and its fans .

I find it difficult to understand why they couldn’t see the possible conclusion at the weekend . In fact I would say anyone who failed to see that possibility is knowingly doing so . then on Saturday about 3.30PM / 4.00PM the first result was confirmed .

why wouldn’t you cover that risk

as for fan numbers on Saturday that wasn’t wildly outside the envelope and neither was Sunday

the only successes I see are so many fans Did stay home and the Policing tone seemed appropriate for the Joyous celebrations .

my interpretation of all of this was it was a political setup by Scot Gov . Why ? Only obvious possibility I know is the deflection of there present mess and the hate of that snp party towards a club and its fans .

I wouldn't say it was a "setup".
Honestly it was something they simply couldn't avoid.

I saw a lot of tweets and messages on Reddit along the lines of "how is this allowed".

How could they stop it though?

The hilarious thing is we just had an entire summer of people moaning about the police and getting themselves all worked up over heavy handed policing and some even going as far as to push the idea that maybe we should just defund the police. Fast forward nine months and many of the same characters are screeching "DO SOMETHING" at Police Scotland. Something like what? Get the batons out?

The Scottish Government is simply reacting to the fake outrage and going all in.
Doesn't help that a large number of prominent SNP voices are blatant Rangers haters.

They've probably thought let the fans have their fun at the weekend and then it's all over and we can say "now now we need to obey the guidelines you little scamps" and just move on. Gerrard kind of really said the same thing along the lines of obey the guidelines and stay safe.

I just think they underestimated the level of social media backlash coming from everywhere it seems.

Nothing can be done now anyway.
It's not like if you point out that BLM protests etc put people at risk in just the same ways they will just say "good point".

Just to be clear by setup I mean they knowingly left the doors open , never resourced this weekend despite it being an obvious exposure and had an intention to trash Rangers when it all went tits up .

I’m surprised there was so little misconduct tbh and thats because we had a really small minority who went to town .

Just to be clear by setup I mean they knowingly left the doors open , never resourced this weekend despite it being an obvious exposure and had an intention to trash Rangers when it all went tits up .

I’m surprised there was so little misconduct tbh and thats because we had a really small minority who went to town .

Yeah when I saw the crowds at George Square I really thought "here we go".
Actually, things were really great. Except for the whole "COVID guidelines" thing.

No real trouble or violence. No clashes.

Won't stop them crying, mind you.

Send your info to the Club

It was a political statement, not a coppers one.

The police done well yesterday, I wasnt there but seen f all tweets or moans or videos of them getting heavy handed. This is backed up the reporting of 28 arrests as if it is a riot. Less than 1% of attendees?
To be fair that is a lot, that's the equivalent of 500 arrest in a full Ibrox. 1% sounds like a small figure but it really isn't in this context.

That been said, where were the SNP in their condemnation of all other mass gatherings.

Maybe the issue is that they hate the fact that there was a huge show of support for the Union due to all the Union Flags on show on every press outlet worldwide. They will hate that as that flies in the face of their agenda.

The fans should have blacked up their faces then we would have had no statements, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I wouldn't disagree with much in the OP. The Police statement made on Monday night was at odds with their messaging over the weekend

Back