Today's Press Conference 15/01/21

Any feeling from today on whether the situation has changed about a top player leaving ? The wording seems to have changed on this . I accept we may need to sell someone but I’d hoped it would be end of season

I don’t think so. I think we’re all realistic about every player having a price but I don’t think this transfer market will see the sort of bids that could tempt us. It’s so quiet.

Obviously if someone is desperate by end of month that could change.

He might do. Fir Park is pretty narrow so even if he does play from the right he won't be stuck out on the touchline. Could almost become a 2 with Morelos when he comes inside.

Don't think Hagi deserves to drop out though.
Yeah, Hagi should keep his place due to his recent performances but may need to drop back a bit and replace Aribo if Itten is going to play.

I’m a glass half full person and see any
out-goings as players on the edge of our squad not one of our starting 11, please!

I don’t think so. I think we’re all realistic about every player having a price but I don’t think this transfer market will see the sort of bids that could tempt us. It’s so quiet.

Obviously if someone is desperate by end of month that could change.
Cheers . The bit I picked up on was he said the phone was red hot and he expected something to happen but hopefully then it’s fringe players

Can someone correct this for me. Am I right in saying professional rugby can continue as an Elite sport?

If so then why is that allowed but celebrating a goal hugging your teammates isn't?
Ridiculous isn't it. All participants have been tested negative in order to play.

I think it's players that are not getting a game he's talking about.
I don’t think he would have been as laid back as he was if he was talking about the possibility of any of his principal first team squad being sold in this transfer window more likely fringe players such as Jordan Jones, Greg Stewart, Brandon Barker,can’t see George Edmundson getting loaned out or sold this window due to his injury

Im pretty sure there wont be any key players leaving this window, that would be taking a very big and unnecessary risk for the run in...

How embarrassing for professional journalists that they have a question ready, someone else asks it before you and you go ahead and ask it again....and even worse a third time.
I assumed they couldn’t hear the other questions but David Edgar suggests otherwise above.

Tells you everything you want to know about the standard of journalism in this country.
I would have like big Cedric to say were you not listening there when I just answered that!

Sounding like we are going to sell some assets in January. Who do you think is drawing attention? Kent to Leeds doesn’t seem to go away. Maybe putting 2+2 together with the lad from Aberdeen imminent

I just hope we don’t lose Tavernier or Goldson but again those two will be catching the eye
Hopefully fringe players, but it sounded more like interest in some of our regulars.

Sounding like we are going to sell some assets in January. Who do you think is drawing attention? Kent to Leeds doesn’t seem to go away. Maybe putting 2+2 together with the lad from Aberdeen imminent

I just hope we don’t lose Tavernier or Goldson but again those two will be catching the eye
Personally I think jj is taking the attention of others, I like him and think he is a good player, I think that he could be the one that’s getting looked at hence why we are trying to get a similar type target in in Wright

reminds me of that scene from Austin Powers...

Reporter: Where is Steven Gerrard today?
Itten: Why would he tell me? I'm just one of his low-level functionaries
Itten: You'll have to torture me. I'll never tell you.
Itten: Damn! 3 times! He's through in the canteen having his lunch.

Back